Coping with Rational Prodigals: A Theory of Social Security and Savings Subsidies
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Homburg, Stefan, 2004. "Coping With Rational Prodigals: A Theory Of Social Security And Savings Subsidies," Hannover Economic Papers (HEP) dp-293, Leibniz Universität Hannover, Wirtschaftswissenschaftliche Fakultät.
References listed on IDEAS
- Lindbeck, Assar & Weibull, Jorgen W, 1988. "Altruism and Time Consistency: The Economics of Fait Accompli," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 96(6), pages 1165-1182, December.
- Matthews, Steven & Moore, John, 1987.
"Monopoly Provision of Quality and Warranties: An Exploration in the Theory of Multidimensional Screening,"
Econometric Society, vol. 55(2), pages 441-467, March.
- Steven Matthews & John Moore, 1985. "Monopoly Provision of Quality and Warranties: An Exploration in the Theory of Multidimensional Screening," Discussion Papers 661, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Kai A. Konrad & Gert Wagner, 2000. "Reform of the Public Pension System in Germany," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 200, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Casey B. Mulligan & Xavier Sala-i-Martin, 1999.
"Social security in theory and practice (II): Efficiency theories, narrative theories and implications for reform,"
Economics Working Papers
385, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Casey B. Mulligan & Xavier Sala-i-Martin, 1999. "Social Security in Theory and Practice (II): Efficiency Theories, Narrative Theories, and Implications for Reform," NBER Working Papers 7119, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Varian, Hal R., 1980. "Redistributive taxation as social insurance," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 49-68, August.
- Homburg, Stefan, 2000. "Compulsory savings in the welfare state," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 77(2), pages 233-239, August.
- Stefan Homburg, 2001.
"The Optimal Income Tax: Restatement and Extensions,"
FinanzArchiv: Public Finance Analysis,
Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, vol. 58(4), pages 363-395, November.
- Homburg, Stefan, 2002. "The Optimal Income Tax: Restatement and Extensions," Hannover Economic Papers (HEP) dp-252, Leibniz Universität Hannover, Wirtschaftswissenschaftliche Fakultät.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Andrew Coleman, 2014. "The growth, equity, and risk implications of different retirement income policies," New Zealand Economic Papers, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 48(2), pages 226-239, August.
- D'Orlando, Fabio & Sanfilippo, Eleonora, 2010.
"Behavioral foundations for the Keynesian consumption function,"
Journal of Economic Psychology,
Elsevier, vol. 31(6), pages 1035-1046, December.
- Fabio D'Orlando & Eleonora Sanfilippo, 2008. "Behavioral Foundations for the Keynesian Consumption Function," Working Papers 2008-05, Universita' di Cassino, Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche.
- José Luis Iparraguirre, 2020.
"Economics and Ageing,"
Springer, number 978-3-030-29019-1.
- José Luis Iparraguirre, 2018. "Economics and Ageing," Springer Books, Springer, number 978-3-319-93357-3, June.
- José Luis Iparraguirre, 2019. "Economics and Ageing," Springer Books, Springer, number 978-3-030-29013-9.
- José Luis Iparraguirre, 2018. "Economics and Ageing," Springer Books, Springer, number 978-3-319-93248-4, June.
- Andras Simonovits, 2009. "A Simple Model of Tax-Favored Retirement Accounts," IEHAS Discussion Papers 0915, Institute of Economics, Centre for Economic and Regional Studies.
- Caliendo, Frank N. & Guo, Nick L., 2014. "Roosevelt And Prescott Come To An Agreement," Macroeconomic Dynamics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 18(6), pages 1383-1402, September.
- Guo, Nick L. & Caliendo, Frank N., 2014. "Time-inconsistent preferences and time-inconsistent policies," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 102-108.
More about this item
- H2 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue
- H55 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - Social Security and Public Pensions
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:econom:v:73:y:2006:i:289:p:47-58. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley Content Delivery). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/lsepsuk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.