Revisiting the transitional dynamics of business-cycle phases with mixed frequency data
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Andreou, Elena & Ghysels, Eric & Kourtellos, Andros, 2010. "Regression models with mixed sampling frequencies," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 158(2), pages 246-261, October.
- Ferrara, Laurent & Marsilli, Clément & Ortega, Juan-Pablo, 2014.
"Forecasting growth during the Great Recession: is financial volatility the missing ingredient?,"
Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 44-50.
- Ferrara, L. & Marsilli, C. & Ortega, J-P., 2013. "Forecasting growth during the Great Recession: is financial volatility the missing ingredient?," Working papers 454, Banque de France.
- Laurent Ferrara & Clément Marsilli & Juan-Pablo Ortega, 2014. "Forecasting growth during the Great Recession: is financial volatility the missing ingredient?," Post-Print hal-01385941, HAL.
- Hamilton, James D, 1989. "A New Approach to the Economic Analysis of Nonstationary Time Series and the Business Cycle," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 57(2), pages 357-384, March.
- Filardo, Andrew J, 1994.
"Business-Cycle Phases and Their Transitional Dynamics,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics,
American Statistical Association, vol. 12(3), pages 299-308, July.
- Andrew J. Filardo, 1993. "Business cycle phases and their transitional dynamics," Research Working Paper 93-14, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "RATS programs to replicate Filardo JBES 1994 paper with time-varying Markov switching," Statistical Software Components RTZ00059, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Eric Ghysels & Arthur Sinko & Rossen Valkanov, 2007. "MIDAS Regressions: Further Results and New Directions," Econometric Reviews, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 26(1), pages 53-90.
- Travis J. Berge & Òscar Jordà, 2011. "Evaluating the Classification of Economic Activity into Recessions and Expansions," American Economic Journal: Macroeconomics, American Economic Association, vol. 3(2), pages 246-277, April.
- Barsoum, Fady & Stankiewicz, Sandra, 2015.
"Forecasting GDP growth using mixed-frequency models with switching regimes,"
International Journal of Forecasting,
Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 33-50.
- Fady Barsoum & Sandra Stankiewicz, 2013. "Forecasting GDP Growth Using Mixed-Frequency Models With Switching Regimes," Working Paper Series of the Department of Economics, University of Konstanz 2013-10, Department of Economics, University of Konstanz.
- Kim, Chang-Jin & Piger, Jeremy & Startz, Richard, 2008.
"Estimation of Markov regime-switching regression models with endogenous switching,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 143(2), pages 263-273, April.
- Chang-Jin Kim & Jeremy M. Piger & Richard Startz, 2004. "Estimation of Markov regime-switching regression models with endogenous switching," Working Papers 2003-015, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Gourieroux, Christian & Monfort, Alain & Renault, Eric & Trognon, Alain, 1987. "Generalised residuals," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 34(1-2), pages 5-32.
- Bertrand Candelon & Elena-Ivona Dumitrescu & Christophe Hurlin, 2012. "How to evaluate an Early Warning System ?," Working Papers halshs-00450050, HAL.
- Ghysels, Eric & Santa-Clara, Pedro & Valkanov, Rossen, 2004.
"The MIDAS Touch: Mixed Data Sampling Regression Models,"
University of California at Los Angeles, Anderson Graduate School of Management
qt9mf223rs, Anderson Graduate School of Management, UCLA.
- Eric Ghysels & Pedro Santa-Clara & Rossen Valkanov, 2004. "The MIDAS Touch: Mixed Data Sampling Regression Models," CIRANO Working Papers 2004s-20, CIRANO.
- Kim, Chang-Jin, 1994. "Dynamic linear models with Markov-switching," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 60(1-2), pages 1-22.
- Marie Bessec & Othman Bouabdallah, 2015.
"Forecasting GDP over the Business Cycle in a Multi-Frequency and Data-Rich Environment,"
Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics,
Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 77(3), pages 360-384, June.
- Bessec, M. & Bouabdallah, O., 2012. "Forecasting GDP over the business cycle in a multi-frequency and data-rich environment," Working papers 384, Banque de France.
- Marie Bessec & Othman Bouabdallah, 2015. "Forecasting GDP over the business cycle in a multi-frequency and data-rich environment," Post-Print hal-01275760, HAL.
- Rudebusch, Glenn D. & Williams, John C., 2009.
"Forecasting Recessions: The Puzzle of the Enduring Power of the Yield Curve,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics,
American Statistical Association, vol. 27(4), pages 492-503.
- Glenn D. Rudebusch & John C. Williams, 2007. "Forecasting recessions: the puzzle of the enduring power of the yield curve," Working Paper Series 2007-16, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Martín Solá & Zacharias Psaradakis & Fabio Spagnolo & Nicola Spagnolo, 2010. "Some Cautionary Results Concerning Markov-Switching Models with Time-Varying Transition Probabilities," Department of Economics Working Papers 2010-12, Universidad Torcuato Di Tella.
- Psaradakis, Zacharias & Sola, Martin, 1998. "Finite-sample properties of the maximum likelihood estimator in autoregressive models with Markov switching," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 86(2), pages 369-386, June.
- Schumacher, Christian, 2014. "MIDAS regressions with time-varying parameters: An application to corporate bond spreads and GDP in the Euro area," Annual Conference 2014 (Hamburg): Evidence-based Economic Policy 100289, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- repec:bla:jtsera:v:38:y:2017:i:3:p:458-478 is not listed on IDEAS
- Marco Bazzi & Francisco Blasques & Siem Jan Koopman & Andre Lucas, 2017.
"Time-Varying Transition Probabilities for Markov Regime Switching Models,"
Journal of Time Series Analysis,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 38(3), pages 458-478, May.
- Marco Bazzi & Francisco Blasques & Siem Jan Koopman & Andre Lucas, 2014. "Time Varying Transition Probabilities for Markov Regime Switching Models," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 14-072/III, Tinbergen Institute.
More about this item
KeywordsMarkov-switching; mixed frequency data; business cycles;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2016-10-16 (All new papers)
- NEP-ETS-2016-10-16 (Econometric Time Series)
- NEP-FOR-2016-10-16 (Forecasting)
- NEP-MAC-2016-10-16 (Macroeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:wpaper:hal-01358595. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD). General contact details of provider: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/ .