Revisiting the transitional dynamics of business-cycle phases with mixed frequency data
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Eric Ghysels & Arthur Sinko & Rossen Valkanov, 2007. "MIDAS Regressions: Further Results and New Directions," Econometric Reviews, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 26(1), pages 53-90.
- Travis J. Berge & Òscar Jordà, 2011. "Evaluating the Classification of Economic Activity into Recessions and Expansions," American Economic Journal: Macroeconomics, American Economic Association, vol. 3(2), pages 246-277, April.
- Barsoum, Fady & Stankiewicz, Sandra, 2015.
"Forecasting GDP growth using mixed-frequency models with switching regimes,"
International Journal of Forecasting,
Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 33-50.
- Fady Barsoum & Sandra Stankiewicz, 2013. "Forecasting GDP Growth Using Mixed-Frequency Models With Switching Regimes," Working Paper Series of the Department of Economics, University of Konstanz 2013-10, Department of Economics, University of Konstanz.
- Kim, Chang-Jin & Piger, Jeremy & Startz, Richard, 2008.
"Estimation of Markov regime-switching regression models with endogenous switching,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 143(2), pages 263-273, April.
- Chang-Jin Kim & Jeremy M. Piger & Richard Startz, 2004. "Estimation of Markov regime-switching regression models with endogenous switching," Working Papers 2003-015, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Gourieroux, Christian & Monfort, Alain & Renault, Eric & Trognon, Alain, 1987. "Generalised residuals," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 34(1-2), pages 5-32.
- Bertrand Candelon & Elena-Ivona Dumitrescu & Christophe Hurlin, 2012. "How to evaluate an Early Warning System ?," Working Papers halshs-00450050, HAL.
- Ghysels, Eric & Santa-Clara, Pedro & Valkanov, Rossen, 2004.
"The MIDAS Touch: Mixed Data Sampling Regression Models,"
University of California at Los Angeles, Anderson Graduate School of Management
qt9mf223rs, Anderson Graduate School of Management, UCLA.
- Eric Ghysels & Pedro Santa-Clara & Rossen Valkanov, 2004. "The MIDAS Touch: Mixed Data Sampling Regression Models," CIRANO Working Papers 2004s-20, CIRANO.
- Kim, Chang-Jin, 1994. "Dynamic linear models with Markov-switching," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 60(1-2), pages 1-22.
- Andreou, Elena & Ghysels, Eric & Kourtellos, Andros, 2010. "Regression models with mixed sampling frequencies," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 158(2), pages 246-261, October.
- Ferrara, Laurent & Marsilli, Clément & Ortega, Juan-Pablo, 2014.
"Forecasting growth during the Great Recession: is financial volatility the missing ingredient?,"
Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 44-50.
- Ferrara, L. & Marsilli, C. & Ortega, J-P., 2013. "Forecasting growth during the Great Recession: is financial volatility the missing ingredient?," Working papers 454, Banque de France.
- Laurent Ferrara & Clément Marsilli & Juan-Pablo Ortega, 2014. "Forecasting growth during the Great Recession: is financial volatility the missing ingredient?," Post-Print hal-01385941, HAL.
- Marie Bessec & Othman Bouabdallah, 2015.
"Forecasting GDP over the Business Cycle in a Multi-Frequency and Data-Rich Environment,"
Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics,
Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 77(3), pages 360-384, June.
- Bessec, M. & Bouabdallah, O., 2012. "Forecasting GDP over the business cycle in a multi-frequency and data-rich environment," Working papers 384, Banque de France.
- Marie Bessec & Othman Bouabdallah, 2015. "Forecasting GDP over the business cycle in a multi-frequency and data-rich environment," Post-Print hal-01275760, HAL.
- Rudebusch, Glenn D. & Williams, John C., 2009.
"Forecasting Recessions: The Puzzle of the Enduring Power of the Yield Curve,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics,
American Statistical Association, vol. 27(4), pages 492-503.
- Glenn D. Rudebusch & John C. Williams, 2007. "Forecasting recessions: the puzzle of the enduring power of the yield curve," Working Paper Series 2007-16, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Martín Solá & Zacharias Psaradakis & Fabio Spagnolo & Nicola Spagnolo, 2010. "Some Cautionary Results Concerning Markov-Switching Models with Time-Varying Transition Probabilities," Department of Economics Working Papers 2010-12, Universidad Torcuato Di Tella.
- Psaradakis, Zacharias & Sola, Martin, 1998. "Finite-sample properties of the maximum likelihood estimator in autoregressive models with Markov switching," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 86(2), pages 369-386, June.
- Schumacher, Christian, 2014. "MIDAS regressions with time-varying parameters: An application to corporate bond spreads and GDP in the Euro area," Annual Conference 2014 (Hamburg): Evidence-based Economic Policy 100289, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Hamilton, James D, 1989. "A New Approach to the Economic Analysis of Nonstationary Time Series and the Business Cycle," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 57(2), pages 357-384, March.
- repec:bla:jtsera:v:38:y:2017:i:3:p:458-478 is not listed on IDEAS
- Filardo, Andrew J, 1994.
"Business-Cycle Phases and Their Transitional Dynamics,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics,
American Statistical Association, vol. 12(3), pages 299-308, July.
- Andrew J. Filardo, 1993. "Business cycle phases and their transitional dynamics," Research Working Paper 93-14, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City.
- Marco Bazzi & Francisco Blasques & Siem Jan Koopman & Andre Lucas, 2017.
"Time-Varying Transition Probabilities for Markov Regime Switching Models,"
Journal of Time Series Analysis,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 38(3), pages 458-478, May.
- Marco Bazzi & Francisco Blasques & Siem Jan Koopman & Andre Lucas, 2014. "Time Varying Transition Probabilities for Markov Regime Switching Models," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 14-072/III, Tinbergen Institute.
More about this item
KeywordsMarkov-switching; mixed frequency data; business cycles;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2016-10-16 (All new papers)
- NEP-ETS-2016-10-16 (Econometric Time Series)
- NEP-FOR-2016-10-16 (Forecasting)
- NEP-MAC-2016-10-16 (Macroeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:wpaper:hal-01358595. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD). General contact details of provider: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.