How to Evaluate an Early-Warning System: Toward a Unified Statistical Framework for Assessing Financial Crises Forecasting Methods
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Bertrand Candelon & Elena Ivona Dumitrescu & Christophe Hurlin, 2012. "How to Evaluate an Early Warning System? Towards a Unified Statistical Framework for Assessing Financial Crises Forecasting Methods," Post-Print hal-01385900, HAL.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sarlin, Peter, 2013.
"On policymakers’ loss functions and the evaluation of early warning systems,"
Elsevier, vol. 119(1), pages 1-7.
- Sarlin, Peter, 2013. "On policymakers' loss function and the evaluation of early warning systems," Working Paper Series 1509, European Central Bank.
- Li, Haixi, 2012. "An Optimal Design of Early Warning Systems: A Bayesian Quickest Change Detection Approach," MPRA Paper 37302, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Antunes, António & Bonfim, Diana & Monteiro, Nuno & Rodrigues, Paulo M.M., 2018.
"Forecasting banking crises with dynamic panel probit models,"
International Journal of Forecasting,
Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 249-275.
- António R. Antunes & Diana Bonfim & Nuno Monteiro & Paulo M.M. Rodrigues, 2016. "Forecasting banking crises with dynamic panel probit models," Working Papers w201613, Banco de Portugal, Economics and Research Department.
- Candelon, Bertrand & Dumitrescu, Elena-Ivona & Hurlin, Christophe, 2014.
"Currency crisis early warning systems: Why they should be dynamic,"
International Journal of Forecasting,
Elsevier, vol. 30(4), pages 1016-1029.
- Candelon Bertrand & Dumitrescu Elena-Ivona & Hurlin Christophe, 2010. "Currency Crises Early Warning Systems: why they should be Dynamic," Research Memorandum 047, Maastricht University, Maastricht Research School of Economics of Technology and Organization (METEOR).
- Bertrand Candelon & Elena Ivona Dumitrescu & Christophe Hurlin, 2014. "Currency Crises Early Warning Systems: Why They Should Be Dynamic," Post-Print hal-01385975, HAL.
- Bertrand Candelon & Christophe Hurlin & Elena Dumitnescu, 2014. "Currency Crisis Early Warning Systems: Why They should be Dynamic," Working Papers 2014-161, Department of Research, Ipag Business School.
- Bertrand Candelon & Elena-Ivona DUMITRESCU & Christophe HURLIN, 2010. "Currency Crises Early Warning Systems: why they should be Dynamic," LEO Working Papers / DR LEO 399, Orleans Economics Laboratory / Laboratoire d'Economie d'Orleans (LEO), University of Orleans.
- Ahmed, Jameel & Straetmans, Stefan, 2015. "Predicting exchange rate cycles utilizing risk factors," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 112-130.
- repec:mje:mjejnl:v:12:y:2016:i:3:p:19-37 is not listed on IDEAS
- Lang, Jan Hannes & Peltonen, Tuomas A. & Sarlin, Peter, 2018. "A framework for early-warning modeling with an application to banks," Working Paper Series 2182, European Central Bank.
- Danielsson, Jon & Valenzuela, Marcela & Zer, Ilknur, 2016.
"Learning from history: volatility and financial crises,"
LSE Research Online Documents on Economics
66046, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Jon Danielsson & Marcela Valenzuela & Ilknur Zer, 2016. "Learning from History : Volatility and Financial Crises," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2016-093, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (US).
- Fabio Comelli, 2014. "Comparing Parametric and Non-parametric Early Warning Systems for Currency Crises in Emerging Market Economies," Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 22(4), pages 700-721, September.
- Pablo Hernández de Cos & Enrique Moral-Benito & Gerrit B. Koester & Christiane Nickel, 2014.
"Signalling fiscal stress in the euro area: A country-specific early warning system,"
1418, Banco de España;Working Papers Homepage.
- Hernández de Cos, Pablo & Nickel, Christiane & Koester, Gerrit & Moral-Benito, Enrique, 2014. "Signalling fiscal stress in the euro area - a country-specific early warning system," Working Paper Series 1712, European Central Bank.
- repec:eee:riibaf:v:46:y:2018:i:c:p:281-293 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ryota Nakatani, 2014. "The Effects of Financial and Real Shocks, Structural Vulnerability and Monetary Policy on Exchange Rates from the Perspective of Currency Crises Models," UTokyo Price Project Working Paper Series 043, University of Tokyo, Graduate School of Economics.
- Xavier De Scheemaekere & Kim Oosterlinck & Ariane Szafarz, 2014. "Issues in Identifying Economic Crises: Insights from History," Working Papers CEB 14-014, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Qin, Xiao & Liu, Liya, 2014. "Extremes, return level and identification of currency crises," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 439-450.
- Ari, Ali, 2012. "Early warning systems for currency crises: The Turkish case," Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 36(3), pages 391-410.
- repec:mes:emfitr:v:53:y:2017:i:11:p:2545-2561 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:taf:jpolrf:v:21:y:2018:i:4:p:335-352 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ons Jedidi & Jean-Sébastien Pentecôte, 2015. "Prédire les crises bancaires : un système d’alerte robuste," Revue française d'économie, Presses de Sciences-Po, vol. 0(3), pages 189-225.
- Fabio Comelli, 2013. "Comparing Parametric and Non-parametric Early Warning Systems for Currency Crises in Emerging Market Economies," IMF Working Papers 13/134, International Monetary Fund.
- Fabio Comelli, 2014. "Comparing the Performance of Logit and Probit Early Warning Systems for Currency Crises in Emerging Market Economies," IMF Working Papers 14/65, International Monetary Fund.
- Mohammad Karimi & Marcel-Cristian Voia, 2011. "Empirics of Currency Crises: A Duration Analysis Approach," Carleton Economic Papers 11-11, Carleton University, Department of Economics.
- Yanping Zhao & Jakob Haan & Bert Scholtens & Haizhen Yang, 2014. "Leading Indicators of Currency Crises: Are They the Same in Different Exchange Rate Regimes?," Open Economies Review, Springer, vol. 25(5), pages 937-957, November.
- repec:eee:ecosys:v:42:y:2018:i:1:p:18-31 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pal:imfecr:v:60:y:2012:i:1:p:75-113. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.palgrave-journals.com/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.