Evolution de la gouvernance des entreprises et impact sur la visibilité boursière en période de crise
The passage from the financial sphere to the real sphere during the economic crises results in a domino effect which accelerates the spread of crises. Some companies, however, show better resistance than others thereby limiting the spread, and the effectiveness of governance mechanisms is often put forward as an explanation of the phenomenon. In the 2006-2008 pre and crisis period, we observe significant changes in scores representative of corporate governance. We find that most firms show a fairly satisfactory level of compliance with OECD governance principles. The firm ability to resist the Asian stock market crisis is assessed by minimization of financial return's conditional volatility estimated by ARCH and GARCH models. The links between governance scores and financial return's conditional volatility are observed. Good governance practices, hired to improve shareholders confidence so the visibility of firm by the market during crisis period.
|Date of creation:||01 Mar 2011|
|Note:||View the original document on HAL open archive server: https://hal-unice.archives-ouvertes.fr/hal-00589236|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- John Y. Campbell, 1993.
"Understanding Risk and Return,"
NBER Working Papers
4554, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- John Y. Campbell, 1995. "Understanding Risk and Return," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1711, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Campbell, John, 1996. "Understanding Risk and Return," Scholarly Articles 3153293, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Eric Friedman & Simon Johnson & Peter Boone & Alasdair Breach, 1999.
"Corporate Governance in the Asian Financial Crisis,"
Departmental Working Papers
199920, Rutgers University, Department of Economics.
- Johnson, Simon & Boone, Peter & Breach, Alasdair & Friedman, Eric, 2000. "Corporate governance in the Asian financial crisis," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 58(1-2), pages 141-186.
- Simon Johnson & Peter Boone & Alasdair Breach & Eric Friedman, 1999. "Corporate Governance in the Asian Financial Crisis," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 297, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Peter Wirtz, 2004. "«Meilleures pratiques» de gouvernance, théorie de la firme et modèles de création de valeur: Une appréciation critique des codes de bonne conduite," Working Papers CREGO 1040401, Université de Bourgogne - CREGO EA7317 Centre de recherches en gestion des organisations.
- Bebchuk, Lucian A. & Cohen, Alma, 2005.
"The costs of entrenched boards,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 78(2), pages 409-433, November.
- Lucian Bebchuk & Alma Cohen, 2004. "The Costs of Entrenched Boards," NBER Working Papers 10587, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lucian Bebchuk, . "The Costs of Entrenched Boards," American Law & Economics Association Annual Meetings 1091, American Law & Economics Association.
- Howard Sherman, 2004. "Corporate Governance Ratings," Corporate Governance: An International Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 12(1), pages 5-7, 01.
- Gérard Charreaux & Philippe Desbrières, 1998.
"Gouvernance des entreprises:valeur partenariale contre valeur actionnariale,"
Revue Finance Contrôle Stratégie,
revues.org, vol. 1(2), pages 57-88, June.
- Gérard Charreaux & Philippe Desbrières, 1997. "Gouvernance des entreprises:valeur partenariale contre valeur actionnariale," Working Papers CREGO 0970801, Université de Bourgogne - CREGO EA7317 Centre de recherches en gestion des organisations.
- Engle, Robert F, 1982. "Autoregressive Conditional Heteroscedasticity with Estimates of the Variance of United Kingdom Inflation," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(4), pages 987-1007, July.
- Grant Kirkpatrick, 2009. "The corporate governance lessons from the financial crisis," OECD Journal: Financial Market Trends, OECD Publishing, vol. 2009(1), pages 61-87.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:wpaper:hal-00589236. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.