Vertical Integration, Innovation and Foreclosure
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Jeffrey Church & Neil Gandal, 2000.
"Systems Competition, Vertical Merger, and Foreclosure,"
Journal of Economics & Management Strategy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 9(1), pages 25-51, March.
- Church, J. & Gandal, N., 1996. "Systems Competition, Vertical Merger and Foreclosure," Papers 6-96, Tel Aviv - the Sackler Institute of Economic Studies.
- Chen, Yongmin, 2001.
"On Vertical Mergers and Their Competitive Effects,"
RAND Journal of Economics,
The RAND Corporation, vol. 32(4), pages 667-685, Winter.
- Yongmin Chen, 2000. "On Vertical Mergers and Their Competitive Effects," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 0383, Econometric Society.
- Sudipto Bhattacharya & Sergei Guriev, 2006.
"Patents vs. Trade Secrets: Knowledge Licensing and Spillover,"
Journal of the European Economic Association,
MIT Press, vol. 4(6), pages 1112-1147, December.
- Sudipto Bhattacharya & Sergei Guriev, 2004. "Patents vs Trade Secrets: Knowledge Licensing and Spillover," Working Papers w0064, Center for Economic and Financial Research (CEFIR), revised Feb 2006.
- Sudipto Bhattacharya & Sergei Guriev, 2006. "Patents VS Trade Secrets: Knowledge Licensing and Spillover," Sciences Po publications info:hdl:2441/3jesolrqda8, Sciences Po.
- Bhattacharya, Sudipto & Guriev, Sergei, 2005. "Patents vs trade secrets: knowledge licensing and spillover," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 444, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Géarard Gaudet & Ngo Long, 1996.
"Vertical Integration, Foreclosure, and profits in the Presence of Double Marginalization,"
Journal of Economics & Management Strategy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 5(3), pages 409-432, September.
- Gérard Gaudet & Ngo Van Long, 1993. "Vertical Integration, Foreclosure and Profits in the Presence of Double Marginalisation," Cahiers de recherche du Département des sciences économiques, UQAM 9308, Université du Québec à Montréal, Département des sciences économiques.
- Gérard Gaudet & Ngo Van Long, 1995. "Vertical Integration, Foreclosure and Profits in the Presence of Double Marginalisation," CIRANO Working Papers 95s-40, CIRANO.
- Milliou, Chrysovalantou, 2004. "Vertical integration and R&D information flow: is there a need for 'firewalls'?," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 25-43, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:indorg:v:55:y:2017:i:c:p:25-57 is not listed on IDEAS
- Marie-Laure Allain & Claire Chambolle & Patrick Rey, 2016.
"Vertical Integration as a Source of Hold-up,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 83(1), pages 1-25.
- Allain, Marie-Laure & Rey, Patrick & Chambolle, Claire, 2014. "Vertical Integration as a Source of Hold-up," TSE Working Papers 14-525, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE).
- Allain, Marie-Laure & Rey, Patrick & Chambolle, Claire, 2014. "Vertical Integration as a Source of Hold-up," IDEI Working Papers 836, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Liu, Xingyi, 2016. "Vertical integration and innovation," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 88-120.
- Miklós-Thal, Jeanine & Rey, Patrick & Vergé, Thibaud, 2010. "Vertical relations," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 345-349, July.
- Hunold, Matthias & Röller, Lars-Hendrik & Stahl, Konrad, 2012. "Backwards Integration and Strategic Delegation," CEPR Discussion Papers 8910, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Spiegel, Yossi, 2013. "Backward integration, forward integration, and vertical foreclosure," CEPR Discussion Papers 9617, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Allain, Marie-Laure & Chambolle, Claire & Rey, Patrick, 2011. "Vertical Integration, Information and Foreclosure," IDEI Working Papers 673, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse, revised Nov 2011.
- Hunold, Matthias, 2017. "Backward ownership, uniform pricing and entry deterrence," DICE Discussion Papers 250, University of Düsseldorf, Düsseldorf Institute for Competition Economics (DICE).
- Charles Thomas, 2011. "The Price Effects of Using Firewalls as an Antitrust Remedy," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 38(2), pages 209-222, March.
- Chenyu Yang, 2017. "Could Vertical Integration Increase Innovation?," 2017 Meeting Papers 908, Society for Economic Dynamics.
More about this item
KeywordsVertical Integration; Foreclosure; Innovation; Imitation; Firewall.; Firewall;
- L13 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Oligopoly and Other Imperfect Markets
- L41 - Industrial Organization - - Antitrust Issues and Policies - - - Monopolization; Horizontal Anticompetitive Practices
- L42 - Industrial Organization - - Antitrust Issues and Policies - - - Vertical Restraints; Resale Price Maintenance; Quantity Discounts
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-12-18 (All new papers)
- NEP-INO-2010-12-18 (Innovation)
- NEP-MIC-2010-12-18 (Microeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:wpaper:hal-00544494. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD). General contact details of provider: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.