On Time-Consistent Collective Choice with Heterogeneous Quasi- Hyperbolic Discounting
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- P. Herings & Kirsten Rohde, 2006.
"Time-inconsistent preferences in a general equilibrium model,"
Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 29(3), pages 591-619, November.
- Herings Jean-Jacques & Rohde Kirsten I.M., 2004. "Time-inconsistent Preferences in a General Equilibrium Model," Research Memorandum 016, Maastricht University, Maastricht Research School of Economics of Technology and Organization (METEOR).
- Sorger, Gerhard, 2002. "On the Long-Run Distribution of Capital in the Ramsey Model," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 105(1), pages 226-243, July.
- Cuong Le Van & Yiannis Vailakis, 2003.
"Existence of a competitive equilibrium in a one sector growth model with heterogeneous agents and irreversible investment,"
Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 22(4), pages 743-771, November.
- Cuong LE VAN & Yiannis VALAKIS, 2001. "Existence of a competitive equilibrium in one sector growth model with heterogeneous agents and irreversible investment," Discussion Papers (IRES - Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales) 2001018, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
- Cuong Le Van & Yiannis Vailakis, 2003. "Existence of a competitive equilibrium in a one sector growth model with heterogeneous agents and irreversible investment," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00119095, HAL.
- LE VAN, Cuong & VAILAKIS, Yiannis, 2003. "Existence of a competitive equilibrium in a one sector growth model with heterogeneous agents and irreversible investment," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1762, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- David I. Laibson & Andrea Repetto & Jeremy Tobacman, 1998. "Self-Control and Saving for Retirement," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 29(1), pages 91-196.
- Drugeon, Jean-Pierre & Wigniolle, Bertrand, 2016.
"On time-consistent policy rules for heterogeneous discounting programs,"
Journal of Mathematical Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 63(C), pages 174-187.
- Jean-Pierre Drugeon & Bertand Wigniolle, 2015. "On Time-Consistent Policy Rules for Heterogeneous Discounting Programs," Documents de travail du Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne 15082, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1), Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne.
- Bertrand Wigniolle & Jean-Pierre Drugeon, 2016. "On time-consistent policy rules for heterogeneous discounting programs," PSE - Labex "OSE-Ouvrir la Science Economique" hal-01307683, HAL.
- Ned Augenblick & Muriel Niederle & Charles Sprenger, 2015. "Editor's Choice Working over Time: Dynamic Inconsistency in Real Effort Tasks," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 130(3), pages 1067-1115.
- Harris, Christopher & Laibson, David, 2001.
"Dynamic Choices of Hyperbolic Consumers,"
Econometric Society, vol. 69(4), pages 935-957, July.
- Christopher Harris & David Laibson, 1999. "Dynamic Choices of Hyperbolic Consumers," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1886, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Diamond, Peter & Koszegi, Botond, 2003. "Quasi-hyperbolic discounting and retirement," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 87(9-10), pages 1839-1872, September.
- Grignon, Michel, 2009. "An empirical investigation of heterogeneity in time preferences and smoking behaviors," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 38(5), pages 739-751, October.
- Thaler, Richard, 1981. "Some empirical evidence on dynamic inconsistency," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 201-207.
- Dziewulski, Paweł, 2015. "Efficiency of competitive equilibria in economies with time-dependent preferences," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 159(PA), pages 311-325.
- Antoine Bozio & Guy Laroque & Cormac O’Dea, 2017.
"Discount rate heterogeneity among older households: a puzzle?,"
Journal of Population Economics,
Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 30(2), pages 647-680, April.
- Antoine Bozio & Guy Laroque & Cormac O'Dea, 2013. "Discount Rate Heterogeneity Among Older Households: A Puzzle?," IFS Working Papers W13/02, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Antoine Bozio & Guy Laroque & Cormac O’dea, 2017. "Discount rate heterogeneity among older households: a puzzle?," Post-Print halshs-01513333, HAL.
- Matthew O. Jackson & Leeat Yariv, 2015. "Collective Dynamic Choice: The Necessity of Time Inconsistency," American Economic Journal: Microeconomics, American Economic Association, vol. 7(4), pages 150-178, November.
- Salanie, Francois & Treich, Nicolas, 2006. "Over-savings and hyperbolic discounting," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 50(6), pages 1557-1570, August.
- Shane Frederick & George Loewenstein & Ted O'Donoghue, 2002. "Time Discounting and Time Preference: A Critical Review," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 40(2), pages 351-401, June.
- Robert A. Becker, 2012.
"Optimal growth with heterogeneous agents and the twisted turnpike: An example,"
International Journal of Economic Theory,
The International Society for Economic Theory, vol. 8(1), pages 27-47, March.
- Robert Becker, 2011. "Optimal Growth with Heterogeneous Agents and the Twisted Turnpike: An Example," CAEPR Working Papers 2011-008, Center for Applied Economics and Policy Research, Department of Economics, Indiana University Bloomington.
- David Laibson, 1997. "Golden Eggs and Hyperbolic Discounting," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 112(2), pages 443-478.
- Paul A. Samuelson, 1937. "A Note on Measurement of Utility," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 4(2), pages 155-161.
- Luis A. Alcala, 2016. "On the time consistency of collective preferences," Papers 1607.02688, arXiv.org, revised Jul 2018.
More about this item
KeywordsHeterogeneities; hyperbolic discounting; collective choice;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:psewpa:halshs-01662833. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD). General contact details of provider: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.