The 100% money proposal and its implications for banking: the Currie–Fisher approach versus the Chicago Plan approach
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Laidler,David, 1999. "Fabricating the Keynesian Revolution," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521641739.
- Lauchlin Currie, 2004. "The 100 percent reserve plan: August 12, 1938," Journal of Economic Studies, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 31(3/4), pages 355-365, September.
- Diamond, Douglas W & Dybvig, Philip H, 1986. "Banking Theory, Deposit Insurance, and Bank Regulation," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 59(1), pages 55-68, January.
- James W. Angell, 1935. "The 100 Per Cent Reserve Plan," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 50(1), pages 1-35.
- James Tobin, 1987. "Financial Intermediaries," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 817, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Clark Warburton, 1949. "The Secular Trend in Monetary Velocity," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 63(1), pages 68-91.
- Reinard Schuessler & Robert W. Dimand, 1999. "Correspondence," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 13(1), pages 223-225, Winter.
- Henry C. Simons, 1936. "Rules versus Authorities in Monetary Policy," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 44, pages 1-1.
- Allen, William R, 1993. "Irving Fisher and the 100 Percent Reserve Proposal," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 36(2), pages 703-717, October.
- repec:mes:jeciss:v:22:y:1988:i:2:p:533-544 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ronnie Phillips, 1992. "The 'Chicago Plan' and New Deal Banking Reform," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_76, Levy Economics Institute.
- Albert G. Hart, 1935. "The "Chicago Plan" of Banking Reform: I A Proposal for Making Monetary Management Effective in the United States," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 2(2), pages 104-116.
- G. Russell Barber Jr., 1973. "The One Hundred Percent Reserve System," The American Economist, Sage Publications, vol. 17(1), pages 115-127, March.
- repec:eee:jmacro:v:54:y:2017:i:pa:p:24-41 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsIrving Fisher; Chicago Plan; Lauchlin Currie; banking; 100% money;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:journl:hal-01830363. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD). General contact details of provider: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.