Control of Finance as a Prerequisite for Successful Monetary Policy: A Reinterpretation of Henry Simons's Rules versus Authorities in Monetary Policy
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Moe Thorvald Grung, 2013. "Control of Finance as a Prerequisite for Successful Monetary Policy: A Reinterpretation of Henry Simons’ “Rules versus Authorities in Monetary Policy”," Accounting, Economics, and Law: A Convivium, De Gruyter, vol. 3(3), pages 1-18, April.
References listed on IDEAS
- Tavlas, George S, 1997. "Chicago, Harvard, and the Doctrinal Foundations of Monetary Economics," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 105(1), pages 153-177, February.
- Anat Admati & Martin Hellwig, 2013. "The Bankers' New Clothes: What's Wrong with Banking and What to Do about It," Economics Books, Princeton University Press, edition 1, number 9929, June.
- Hyman P. Minsky & Dimitri B. Papadimitriou & Ronnie J. Phillips & L. Randall Wray, "undated". "Community Development Banking, A Proposal to Establish a Nationwide System of Community Development Banks," Economics Public Policy Brief Archive 3, Levy Economics Institute.
- J. Ronnie Davis, 1969. "Henry Simons, the Radical: Some Documentary Evidence," History of Political Economy, Duke University Press, vol. 1(2), pages 388-394, Fall.
- repec:mes:jeciss:v:23:y:1989:i:3:p:889-891 is not listed on IDEAS
- J. Bradford De Long, 1990. "In Defense of Henry Simon's Standing as a Classical Liberal," Cato Journal, Cato Journal, Cato Institute, pages 601-618.
- Henry C. Simons, 1936. "Rules versus Authorities in Monetary Policy," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 44, pages 1-1.
- repec:fth:harver:1498 is not listed on IDEAS
- Patinkin, Don, 1969. "The Chicago Tradition, the Quantity Theory, and Friedman," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 1(1), pages 46-70, February.
- Laidler, David, 1993.
"Hawtrey, Harvard, and the Origins of the Chicago Tradition,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 101(6), pages 1068-1103, December.
- Laidler, D., 1993. "Hawtrey, Harvard, and the Origins of the Chicago Tradition," UWO Department of Economics Working Papers 9302, University of Western Ontario, Department of Economics.
- Ronnie Phillips, 1992. "The 'Chicago Plan' and New Deal Banking Reform," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_76, Levy Economics Institute.
- Stigler, George J, 1974. "Henry Calvert Simons," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 17(1), pages 1-5, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Biondi Yuri, 2013. "Hyman Minsky’s Financial Instability Hypothesis and the Accounting Structure of Economy," Accounting, Economics, and Law: A Convivium, De Gruyter, vol. 3(3), pages 141-166, June.
More about this item
KeywordsMonetary Policy; Financial Stability; Narrow Banking; Financial Regulation;
- B22 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought since 1925 - - - Macroeconomics
- E42 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Monetary Sytsems; Standards; Regimes; Government and the Monetary System
- E52 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Monetary Policy
- G28 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Government Policy and Regulation
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-04-17 (All new papers)
- NEP-BAN-2012-04-17 (Banking)
- NEP-CBA-2012-04-17 (Central Banking)
- NEP-HME-2012-04-17 (Heterodox Microeconomics)
- NEP-HPE-2012-04-17 (History & Philosophy of Economics)
- NEP-MON-2012-04-17 (Monetary Economics)
- NEP-PKE-2012-04-17 (Post Keynesian Economics)
- NEP-REG-2012-04-17 (Regulation)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:lev:wrkpap:wp_713. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Elizabeth Dunn). General contact details of provider: http://www.levyinstitute.org .