Chicago, Harvard, and the Doctrinal Foundations of Monetary Economics
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Henry C. Simons, 1934. "Economic Reconstruction: The Columbia Report," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 42, pages 795-795.
- Michael D. Bordo & Anna J. Schwartz, 1987. "Clark Warburton: Pioneer Monetarist," NBER Chapters,in: Money in Historical Perspective, pages 234-254 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Milton Friedman & Anna J. Schwartz, 1963. "A Monetary History of the United States, 1867–1960," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number frie63-1, January.
- Moggridge, Donald E & Howson, Susan, 1974. "Keynes on Monetary Policy, 1910-1946," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 26(2), pages 226-247, July.
- Laidler, David, 1993.
"Hawtrey, Harvard, and the Origins of the Chicago Tradition,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 101(6), pages 1068-1103, December.
- Laidler, D., 1993. "Hawtrey, Harvard, and the Origins of the Chicago Tradition," UWO Department of Economics Working Papers 9302, University of Western Ontario, Department of Economics.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Loef, Hans E. & Monissen, Hans G., 1999. "Monetary policy and monetary reform: Irving Fisher's contributions to monetary macroeconomics," W.E.P. - Würzburg Economic Papers 11, University of Würzburg, Chair for Monetary Policy and International Economics.
- Steindl, Frank G., 1998. "The Decline of a Paradigm: The Quantity Theory and Recovery in the 1930s," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 20(4), pages 821-841, October.
- Soldatos, Gerasimos T. & Varelas, Erotokritos, 2014. "The Chicago Tradition and Commercial Bank Seigniorage," MPRA Paper 57721, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Hugh Rockoff, 2000. "Henry Calvert Simons and the Quantity Theory of Money," Departmental Working Papers 200003, Rutgers University, Department of Economics.
- George S. Tavlas, 2015.
"In Old Chicago: Simons, Friedman, and the Development of Monetary‐Policy Rules,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 47(1), pages 99-121, February.
- George Tavlas, 2014. "In Old Chicago: Simons, Friedman and the Development of Monetary-Policy Rules," Working Papers 2014-002, Becker Friedman Institute for Research In Economics.
- George S. Tavlas, 2014. "In old Chicago: Simons, Friedman and the development of monetary-policy rules," Working Papers 177, Bank of Greece.
- David Laidler & Roger Sandilands, 2010.
"Harvard, the Chicago Tradition, and the Quantity Theory: A Reply to James Ahiakpor,"
History of Political Economy,
Duke University Press, vol. 42(3), pages 573-592, Fall.
- David Laidler & Roger Sandilands, 2010. "Harvard, the Chicago Tradition and the Quantity Theory: A Reply to James Ahiakpor," UWO Department of Economics Working Papers 20104, University of Western Ontario, Department of Economics.
- Moe Thorvald Grung, 2013.
"Control of Finance as a Prerequisite for Successful Monetary Policy: A Reinterpretation of Henry Simons’ “Rules versus Authorities in Monetary Policy”,"
Accounting, Economics, and Law: A Convivium,
De Gruyter, vol. 3(3), pages 1-18, April.
- Thorvald Grung Moe, 2012. "Control of Finance as a Prerequisite for Successful Monetary Policy: A Reinterpretation of Henry Simons's Rules versus Authorities in Monetary Policy," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_713, Levy Economics Institute.
- Sebastian Edwards, 2015. "Academics as Economic Advisers: Gold, the ‘Brains Trust,’ and FDR," NBER Working Papers 21380, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- repec:kap:openec:v:28:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1007_s11079-017-9435-2 is not listed on IDEAS
- Frederick Guy & Neil Perry & Andrei Shleifer & Andrew Metrick & Martin L. Weitzman & Barbara R. Bergmann & David Laidler & George S. Tavlas, 1999. "Correspondence," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 13(3), pages 235-242, Summer.
- Aschheim, Joseph & Tavlas, George S., 2004. "Academic exclusion: the case of Alexander Del Mar," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 31-60, March.
- Soldatos, Gerasimos T. & Varelas, Erotokritos, 2017. "Firms’ rational expectations, workers’ psychology, and monetary policy in a behavioral real business cycle model," Economic Analysis and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 129-139.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ucp:jpolec:v:105:y:1997:i:1:p:153-77. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Journals Division). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.uchicago.edu/JPE/ .