Are derivatives dangerous?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Duffie, D., 2010. "Is there a case for banning short speculation in sovereign bond markets?," Financial Stability Review, Banque de France, issue 14, pages 55-59, July.
- Bernardo, Antonio E & Cornell, Bradford, 1997. " The Valuation of Complex Derivatives by Major Investment Firms: Empirical Evidence," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 52(2), pages 785-798, June.
- Christopher L. Culp & Merton H. Miller, 1995. "Metallgesellschaft And The Economics Of Synthetic Storage," Journal of Applied Corporate Finance, Morgan Stanley, vol. 7(4), pages 62-76.
- Dynan, Karen E. & Elmendorf, Douglas W. & Sichel, Daniel E., 2006.
"Can financial innovation help to explain the reduced volatility of economic activity?,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 53(1), pages 123-150, January.
- Karen E. Dynan & Douglas W. Elmendorf & Daniel E. Sichel, 2005. "Can financial innovation help to explain the reduced volatility of economic activity?," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2005-54, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Duffie Darrell & Rahi Rohit, 1995. "Financial Market Innovation and Security Design: An Introduction," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 65(1), pages 1-42, February.
- Cutler, David M & Poterba, James M & Summers, Lawrence H, 1990.
"Speculative Dynamics and the Role of Feedback Traders,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 80(2), pages 63-68, May.
- David M. Cutler & James M. Poterba & Lawrence H. Summers, 1990. "Speculative Dynamics and the Role of Feedback Traders," NBER Working Papers 3243, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Culter, D.M. & Poterba, J.M. & Summers, L.H., 1990. "Speculative Dynamics And The Role Of Feedback Traders," Working papers 545, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- repec:bpj:zfbrbw:v:7:y:1995:i:1:p:2-14:n:2 is not listed on IDEAS
- Gunther Capelle-Blancard, 2003.
"Marchés dérivés et trading de volatilité,"
Presses de Sciences-Po, vol. 54(3), pages 663-673.
- Gunther Capelle-Blancard, 2003. "Marchés dérivés et « trading » de volatilité," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00265674, HAL.
- Duffie, Darrell & Li, Ada & Lubke, Theo, 2010.
"Policy Perspectives on OTC Derivatives Market Infrastructure,"
2046, Stanford University, Graduate School of Business.
- Darrell Duffie & Ada Li & Theo Lubke, 2010. "Policy perspectives on OTC derivatives market infrastructure," Staff Reports 424, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Darrell Duffie & Ada Li & Theo Lubke, 2010. "Policy Perspectives on OTC Derivatives Market Infrastructure," Working Papers 2010-002, Becker Friedman Institute for Research In Economics.
- Bowman, David & Faust, Jon, 1997.
"Options, Sunspots, and the Creation of Uncertainty,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 105(5), pages 957-975, October.
- David Bowman & Jon Faust, 1995. "Options, sunspots, and the creation of uncertainty," International Finance Discussion Papers 510, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Sugato Chakravarty & Huseyin Gulen & Stewart Mayhew, 2004. "Informed Trading in Stock and Option Markets," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 59(3), pages 1235-1258, June.
- Allayannis, George & Weston, James P, 2001. "The Use of Foreign Currency Derivatives and Firm Market Value," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 14(1), pages 243-276.
- Danielsen, Bartley R. & Sorescu, Sorin M., 2001. "Why Do Option Introductions Depress Stock Prices? A Study of Diminishing Short Sale Constraints," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 36(04), pages 451-484, December.
- Black, Fischer & Scholes, Myron S, 1973. "The Pricing of Options and Corporate Liabilities," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 81(3), pages 637-654, May-June.
- Wachter, Jessica A., 2006. "Comment on: "Can financial innovation help to explain the reduced volatility of economic activity?"," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 53(1), pages 151-154, January.
- David Easley & Maureen O'Hara & P.S. Srinivas, 1998. "Option Volume and Stock Prices: Evidence on Where Informed Traders Trade," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 53(2), pages 431-465, April.
- Eatwell, John & Taylor, Lance (ed.), 2002. "International Capital Markets: Systems in Transition," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195154986.
- Cao, H Henry, 1999. "The Effect of Derivative Assets on Information Acquisition and Price Behavior in a Rational Expectations Equilibrium," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 12(1), pages 131-163.
- Biais, Bruno & Hillion, Pierre, 1994. "Insider and Liquidity Trading in Stock and Options Markets," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 7(4), pages 743-780.
- Robert R. Bliss & Robert Steigerwald, 2006. "Derivatives clearing and settlement: a comparison of central counterparties and alternative structures," Economic Perspectives, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, issue Q IV, pages 22-29.
More about this item
Keywordsfinancial instability; OTC markets; speculation; futures; Derivatives; financial innovation; forwards; Marchés dérivés; contrats à terme; options; innovation financière; spéculation déstabilisante; marchés de gré à gré; instabilité financière;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:cesptp:halshs-00605908. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD). General contact details of provider: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/ .