Benchmarking time series based forecasting models for electricity balancing market prices
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Skytte, Klaus, 1999. "The regulating power market on the Nordic power exchange Nord Pool: an econometric analysis," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(4), pages 295-308, August.
- Hyndman, Rob J. & Khandakar, Yeasmin, 2008.
"Automatic Time Series Forecasting: The forecast Package for R,"
Journal of Statistical Software,
Foundation for Open Access Statistics, vol. 27(i03).
- Rob J. Hyndman & Yeasmin Khandakar, 2007. "Automatic time series forecasting: the forecast package for R," Monash Econometrics and Business Statistics Working Papers 6/07, Monash University, Department of Econometrics and Business Statistics.
- Jean Michel Glachant & Marcelo Saguan, 2007.
"An Institutional Frame to Compare Alternative Market Designs in e U Electricity Balancing,"
0701, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Center for Energy and Environmental Policy Research.
- Glachant, J.M. & Saguan, M., 2007. "An Institutional Frame to Compare Alternative Market Designs in EU Electricity Balancing," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0724, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Richard Arena, 2002. "Introduction," Revue d'économie politique, Dalloz, vol. 112(5), pages 627-633.
- Möller, Christoph & Rachev, Svetlozar T. & Fabozzi, Frank J., 2011. "Balancing energy strategies in electricity portfolio management," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 2-11, January.
- Conejo, Antonio J. & Contreras, Javier & Espinola, Rosa & Plazas, Miguel A., 2005. "Forecasting electricity prices for a day-ahead pool-based electric energy market," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 21(3), pages 435-462.
- Weron, Rafal & Misiorek, Adam, 2008.
"Forecasting spot electricity prices: A comparison of parametric and semiparametric time series models,"
International Journal of Forecasting,
Elsevier, vol. 24(4), pages 744-763.
- Weron, Rafal & Misiorek, Adam, 2008. "Forecasting spot electricity prices: A comparison of parametric and semiparametric time series models," MPRA Paper 10428, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- van der Veen, Reinier A.C. & Abbasy, Alireza & Hakvoort, Rudi A., 2012. "Agent-based analysis of the impact of the imbalance pricing mechanism on market behavior in electricity balancing markets," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 874-881.
- Stein W. Wallace & Stein-Erik Fleten, 2002. "Stochastic programming in energy," GE, Growth, Math methods 0201001, EconWPA, revised 13 Nov 2003.
- Willemain, Thomas R. & Smart, Charles N. & Shockor, Joseph H. & DeSautels, Philip A., 1994. "Forecasting intermittent demand in manufacturing: a comparative evaluation of Croston's method," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 10(4), pages 529-538, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Boomsma, Trine Krogh & Juul, Nina & Fleten, Stein-Erik, 2014. "Bidding in sequential electricity markets: The Nordic case," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 238(3), pages 797-809.
- repec:eee:eneeco:v:64:y:2017:i:c:p:77-90 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kiesel, Rüdiger & Paraschiv, Florentina, 2017.
"Econometric analysis of 15-minute intraday electricity prices,"
Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 77-90.
- Kiesel, Ruediger & Paraschiv, Florentina, 2015. "Econometric Analysis of 15-minute Intraday Electricity Prices," Working Papers on Finance 1521, University of St. Gallen, School of Finance.
- repec:eee:appene:v:223:y:2018:i:c:p:172-187 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsFederal Reserve; Forecast Evaluation; Survey of Professional Forecasts; Business Cycle; Mahalanobis Distance;
- C5 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling
- E2 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment
- E3 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2014-01-24 (All new papers)
- NEP-ENE-2014-01-24 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-FOR-2014-01-24 (Forecasting)
- NEP-MAC-2014-01-24 (Macroeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:gwc:wpaper:2013-006. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Tara M. Sinclair). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/degwuus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.