Benchmarking time series based forecasting models for electricity balancing market prices
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Skytte, Klaus, 1999. "The regulating power market on the Nordic power exchange Nord Pool: an econometric analysis," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(4), pages 295-308, August.
- Hyndman, Rob J. & Khandakar, Yeasmin, 2008.
"Automatic Time Series Forecasting: The forecast Package for R,"
Journal of Statistical Software,
Foundation for Open Access Statistics, vol. 27(i03).
- Rob J. Hyndman & Yeasmin Khandakar, 2007. "Automatic time series forecasting: the forecast package for R," Monash Econometrics and Business Statistics Working Papers 6/07, Monash University, Department of Econometrics and Business Statistics.
- Jean Michel Glachant & Marcelo Saguan, 2007.
"An Institutional Frame to Compare Alternative Market Designs in e U Electricity Balancing,"
0701, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Center for Energy and Environmental Policy Research.
- Glachant, J.M. & Saguan, M., 2007. "An Institutional Frame to Compare Alternative Market Designs in EU Electricity Balancing," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0724, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Richard Arena, 2002. "Introduction," Revue d'économie politique, Dalloz, vol. 112(5), pages 627-633.
- Möller, Christoph & Rachev, Svetlozar T. & Fabozzi, Frank J., 2011. "Balancing energy strategies in electricity portfolio management," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 2-11, January.
- Conejo, Antonio J. & Contreras, Javier & Espinola, Rosa & Plazas, Miguel A., 2005. "Forecasting electricity prices for a day-ahead pool-based electric energy market," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 21(3), pages 435-462.
- Weron, Rafal & Misiorek, Adam, 2008.
"Forecasting spot electricity prices: A comparison of parametric and semiparametric time series models,"
International Journal of Forecasting,
Elsevier, vol. 24(4), pages 744-763.
- Weron, Rafal & Misiorek, Adam, 2008. "Forecasting spot electricity prices: A comparison of parametric and semiparametric time series models," MPRA Paper 10428, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- van der Veen, Reinier A.C. & Abbasy, Alireza & Hakvoort, Rudi A., 2012. "Agent-based analysis of the impact of the imbalance pricing mechanism on market behavior in electricity balancing markets," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 874-881.
- Stein W. Wallace & Stein-Erik Fleten, 2002. "Stochastic programming in energy," GE, Growth, Math methods 0201001, EconWPA, revised 13 Nov 2003.
- Willemain, Thomas R. & Smart, Charles N. & Shockor, Joseph H. & DeSautels, Philip A., 1994. "Forecasting intermittent demand in manufacturing: a comparative evaluation of Croston's method," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 10(4), pages 529-538, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:eneeco:v:64:y:2017:i:c:p:77-90 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kiesel, Ruediger & Paraschiv, Florentina, 2015. "Econometric Analysis of 15-minute Intraday Electricity Prices," Working Papers on Finance 1521, University of St. Gallen, School of Finance.
- Boomsma, Trine Krogh & Juul, Nina & Fleten, Stein-Erik, 2014. "Bidding in sequential electricity markets: The Nordic case," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 238(3), pages 797-809.
More about this item
KeywordsFederal Reserve; Forecast Evaluation; Survey of Professional Forecasts; Business Cycle; Mahalanobis Distance;
- C5 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling
- E2 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment
- E3 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2014-01-24 (All new papers)
- NEP-ENE-2014-01-24 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-FOR-2014-01-24 (Forecasting)
- NEP-MAC-2014-01-24 (Macroeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:gwc:wpaper:2013-006. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Tara M. Sinclair). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/degwuus.html .