Vertical integration and the licensing of innovation with a fixed fee or a royalty
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Francisco Caballero-Sanz & Rafael Moner-Colonques & José J. Sempere-Monerris, 2002.
"Optimal Licensing in a Spatial Model,"
Annals of Economics and Statistics,
GENES, issue 66, pages 257-279.
- CABALLERO-SANZ, Francisco & MONER-COLONQUES, Rafael & SEMPERE-MONERRIS, J.J., 1994. "Optimal Licensing in a Spatial Model," CORE Discussion Papers 1994031, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- CABALLERO-SANZ, Francisco & MONER-COLONQUES, Rafael & SEMPERE-MONERRIS, JosÃ© J., 2002. "Optimal licensing in a spatial model," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1588, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Morton I. Kamien & Yair Tauman, 1986.
"Fees Versus Royalties and the Private Value of a Patent,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 101(3), pages 471-491.
- Morton I. Kamien & Yair Tauman, 1984. "Fees Versus Royalties and the Private Value of a Patent," Discussion Papers 583, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Kenneth Arrow, 1962. "Economic Welfare and the Allocation of Resources for Invention," NBER Chapters, in: The Rate and Direction of Inventive Activity: Economic and Social Factors, pages 609-626, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Michael L. Katz & Carl Shapiro, 1986. "How to License Intangible Property," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 101(3), pages 567-589.
- Henry Wang, X., 2002. "Fee versus royalty licensing in a differentiated Cournot duopoly," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 54(2), pages 253-266.
- Fauli-Oller, Ramon & Sandonis, Joel, 2003.
"To merge or to license: implications for competition policy,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 21(5), pages 655-672, May.
- Ramon Fauli-Oller & Joel Sandonis, 2000. "To Merge or to License: Implications for Competition Policy," Discussion Papers 1284, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Faulí-Oller, Ramon & Sandonís, Joel, 2001. "To Merge or to License: Implications for Competition Policy," CEPR Discussion Papers 2740, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Wang, X. Henry, 1998. "Fee versus royalty licensing in a Cournot duopoly model," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 60(1), pages 55-62, July.
- Bousquet, Alain & Cremer, Helmuth & Ivaldi, Marc & Wolkowicz, Michel, 1998. "Risk sharing in licensing," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 16(5), pages 535-554, September.
- Erutku, C. & Richelle, Y., 2000. "Optimal Licensing Contracts and the Value of a Patent," Cahiers de recherche 2000-07, Centre interuniversitaire de recherche en économie quantitative, CIREQ.
- Macho-Stadler, Ines & Martinez-Giralt, Xavier & David Perez-Castrillo, J., 1996.
"The role of information in licensing contract design,"
Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 43-57, January.
- Macho, I. & Martinez-Giralt, X. & Perez-Castrillo, D., 1993. "The Role of Information in Licensing Contract Design," UFAE and IAE Working Papers 216.93, Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC).
- Marie Thursby & Richard Jensen, 2001. "Proofs and Prototypes for Sale: The Licensing of University Inventions," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 91(1), pages 240-259, March.
- Kamien, Morton I. & Oren, Shmuel S. & Tauman, Yair, 1992. "Optimal licensing of cost-reducing innovation," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(5), pages 483-508.
- ERUTKU, C. & RICHELLE, Yves, 2000. "Optimal Licensing Contracts and the Value of a Patent," Cahiers de recherche 2000-07, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bouguezzi, Fehmi & EL ELJ, Moez, 2009. "Vertical Integration and Patent Licensing in Upstream and Downstream Markets," MPRA Paper 22212, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Stamatopoulos, Giorgos & Tauman, Yair, 2008. "Licensing of a quality-improving innovation," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 56(3), pages 410-438, November.
- Chrysovalantou Miliou & Emmanuel Petrakis, 2015. "Vertical Integration, Knowledge Disclosure and Decreasing Rival's Cost," Working Papers 1507, University of Crete, Department of Economics.
More about this item
KeywordsLICENSING; INNOVATION; VERTICAL INTEGRATION;
- D45 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - Rationing; Licensing
- L22 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Firm Organization and Market Structure
- L42 - Industrial Organization - - Antitrust Issues and Policies - - - Vertical Restraints; Resale Price Maintenance; Quantity Discounts
- O31 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Innovation and Invention: Processes and Incentives
- O32 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Management of Technological Innovation and R&D
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-COM-2006-03-18 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-COM-2006-04-08 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-INO-2006-04-08 (Innovation)
- NEP-MIC-2006-03-18 (Microeconomics)
- NEP-MIC-2006-04-08 (Microeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:gbl:wpaper:200517. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgnÃ¨s Vertier). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/inragfr.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.