Predation in Off-Patent Drug Markets
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Laurent Granier & Sébastien Trinquard, 2010. "Entry Deterrence and Mergers under Price Competition in Pharmaceutical Markets," Post-Print halshs-00550455, HAL.
- Richard G. Frank & David S. Salkever, 1997. "Generic Entry and the Pricing of Pharmaceuticals," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 6(1), pages 75-90, March.
- Laurent Granier, 2008. "Endogenous mergers and cost heterogeneity," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 40(14), pages 1865-1871.
- Ying Kong & James R. Seldon, 2004. "Pseudo-Generic Products and Barriers to Entry in Pharmaceutical Markets," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 25(1), pages 71-86, August.
- Aidan Hollis, 2003. "The Anti-Competitive Effects of Brand-Controlled "Pseudo- Generics" in the Canadian Pharmaceutical Market," Canadian Public Policy, University of Toronto Press, vol. 29(1), pages 21-31, March.
- Jorge Mestre Ferrándiz, 1999. "The impact of generic goods in the pharmaceutical industry," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 8(7), pages 599-612.
- Garth Saloner, 1987. "Predation, Mergers, and Incomplete Information," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 18(2), pages 165-186, Summer.
- Ying Kong, 2004. "The price premium of generic to brand-names and pharmaceutical price index," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(7), pages 731-737.
- Laurent Granier & Sebastien Trinquard, 2010. "Entry deterrence and mergers under price competition in pharmaceutical markets," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 42(3), pages 297-309.
- Aidan Hollis, 2005. "How do Brands’ “Own Generics” Affect Pharmaceutical Prices?," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 27(4), pages 329-350, December.
- Grabowski, Henry G & Vernon, John M, 1992. "Brand Loyalty, Entry, and Price Competition in Pharmaceuticals after the 1984 Drug Act," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 35(2), pages 331-350, October.
- Aidan Hollis, 2002. "The importance of being first: evidence from Canadian generic pharmaceuticals," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 11(8), pages 723-734.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Vasco Rodrigues & Ricardo Gonçalves & Hélder Vasconcelos, 2014. "Anti-Competitive Impact of Pseudo-Generics," Journal of Industry, Competition and Trade, Springer, vol. 14(1), pages 83-98, March.
- Ricardo Gonçalves & Vasco Rodrigues & Hélder Vasconcelos, 2015. "Reference pricing in the presence of pseudo-generics," International Journal of Health Economics and Management, Springer, vol. 15(3), pages 281-305, September.
More about this item
KeywordsMergers; Pharmaceutical Market; Predation; Pseudo-Generics;
- I11 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Analysis of Health Care Markets
- L12 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Monopoly; Monopolization Strategies
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-01-03 (All new papers)
- NEP-COM-2011-01-03 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-IPR-2011-01-03 (Intellectual Property Rights)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:gat:wpaper:1027. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Nelly Wirth). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/gateefr.html .