Evolution of Market Uncertainty around Earnings Announcements
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Other versions of this item:
- Isakov, Dusan & Perignon, Christophe, 2001. "Evolution of market uncertainty around earnings announcements," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 25(9), pages 1769-1788, September.
- Dušan Isakov & Christophe Pérignon, 2000. "Evolution of Market Uncertainty around Earnings Announcements," FAME Research Paper Series rp15, International Center for Financial Asset Management and Engineering.
References listed on IDEAS
- Heynen, Ronald & Kemna, Angelien & Vorst, Ton, 1994. "Analysis of the Term Structure of Implied Volatilities," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 29(01), pages 31-56, March.
- Bailey, Warren Bernard, 1988. "Money Supply Announcements and the Ex Ante Volatility of Asset Prices," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 20(4), pages 611-620, November.
- repec:bla:joares:v:6:y:1968:i:2:p:159-178 is not listed on IDEAS
- Robert C. Merton, 2005. "Theory of rational option pricing," World Scientific Book Chapters,in: Theory Of Valuation, chapter 8, pages 229-288 World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Levy, Haim & Yoder, James A, 1993. "The Behavior of Option Implied Standard Deviations around Merger and Acquisition Announcements," The Financial Review, Eastern Finance Association, vol. 28(2), pages 261-272, May.
- Black, Fischer & Scholes, Myron S, 1973. "The Pricing of Options and Corporate Liabilities," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 81(3), pages 637-654, May-June.
- Jin-Chuan Duan, 1995. "The Garch Option Pricing Model," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 5(1), pages 13-32.
- Bollerslev, Tim & Chou, Ray Y. & Kroner, Kenneth F., 1992. "ARCH modeling in finance : A review of the theory and empirical evidence," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 52(1-2), pages 5-59.
- Patell, James M. & Wolfson, Mark A., 1979. "Anticipated information releases reflected in call option prices," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 1(2), pages 117-140, August.
- Kate Adjaoute & Martin Bruand & Rajna Gibson-Asner, 1998. "On the Predictability of the Stock Market Volatility: Does History Matter?," European Financial Management, European Financial Management Association, vol. 4(3), pages 293-319.
- Hull, John C & White, Alan D, 1987. " The Pricing of Options on Assets with Stochastic Volatilities," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 42(2), pages 281-300, June.
- Christensen, B. J. & Prabhala, N. R., 1998. "The relation between implied and realized volatility," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 50(2), pages 125-150, November.
- Donders, Monique W. M. & Vorst, Ton C. F., 1996. "The impact of firm specific news on implied volatilities," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 20(9), pages 1447-1461, November.
- Monique, W.M. Donders & Roy Kouwenberg & Ton, C. F. Vorst, 2000. "Options and earnings announcements: an empirical study of volatility, trading volume, open interest and liquidity," European Financial Management, European Financial Management Association, vol. 6(2), pages 149-171.
- Sheikh, Aamir M, 1989. " Stock Splits, Volatility Increases, and Implied Volatilities," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 44(5), pages 1361-1372, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Pei Peter Lung & Pisun Xu, 2014. "Tipping and Option Trading," Financial Management, Financial Management Association International, vol. 43(3), pages 671-701, September.
- Rogers, Jonathan L. & Skinner, Douglas J. & Van Buskirk, Andrew, 2009. "Earnings guidance and market uncertainty," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(1), pages 90-109, October.
- Tim Leung & Marco Santoli, 2014.
"Accounting for earnings announcements in the pricing of equity options,"
Journal of Financial Engineering (JFE),
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 1(04), pages 1-46.
- Tim Leung & Marco Santoli, 2014. "Accounting for Earnings Announcements in the Pricing of Equity Options," Papers 1412.8414, arXiv.org, revised Apr 2015.
- Atilgan, Yigit, 2014. "Volatility spreads and earnings announcement returns," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 205-215.
- Masazumi Hattori & Andreas Schrimpf & Vladyslav Sushko, 2016.
"The Response of Tail Risk Perceptions to Unconventional Monetary Policy,"
American Economic Journal: Macroeconomics,
American Economic Association, vol. 8(2), pages 111-136, April.
- Masazumi Hattori & Andreas Schrimpf & Vladyslav Sushko, 2013. "The response of tail risk perceptions to unconventional monetary policy," BIS Working Papers 425, Bank for International Settlements.
- Pascal Dumontier & Bernard Raffournier, 2002. "Accounting and capital markets: a survey of the European evidence," European Accounting Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(1), pages 119-151.
- Thaddeus Neururer & George Papadakis & Edward J. Riedl, 2016. "Tests of investor learning models using earnings innovations and implied volatilities," Review of Accounting Studies, Springer, vol. 21(2), pages 400-437, June.
- Truong, Cameron & Corrado, Charles & Chen, Yangyang, 2012. "The options market response to accounting earnings announcements," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 423-450.
- Baik, Bok & Kang, Hyoung-Goo & Kim, Young Jun, 2013. "Volatility arbitrage around earnings announcements: Evidence from the Korean equity linked warrants market," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 23(C), pages 109-130.
More about this item
KeywordsUNCERTAINTY ; INCOME ; FINANCIAL MARKET;
- G14 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Information and Market Efficiency; Event Studies; Insider Trading
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fth:ehecge:99.12. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/depgech.html .