Trading millet and sorghum genetic resources women vendors in the village fairs of San and Souentza, Mali:
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Diakité, Lamissa & Sidibé, Amadou & Smale, Melinda & Grum, Mikkel, 2008. "Seed value chains for Sorghum and Millet in Mali: A state-based system in transition," IFPRI discussion papers 749, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Kenneth J. Arrow, 1997. "Invaluable Goods," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 35(2), pages 757-765, June.
- Dembele, Niama Nango & Staatz, John M., 1999. "The Impact Of Market Reform On Agricultural Transformation In Mali," Staff Papers 11717, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Matlon, Peter J., 1990. "Improving Productivity in Sorghum and Pearl Millet in Semi-Arid Africa," Food Research Institute Studies, Stanford University, Food Research Institute, issue 01.
- Nagarajan, Latha & Smale, Melinda, 2005. "Local seed systems and village-level determinants of millet crop diversity in marginal environments of India:," EPTD discussion papers 135, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Coomes, Oliver T. & McGuire, Shawn J. & Garine, Eric & Caillon, Sophie & McKey, Doyle & Demeulenaere, Elise & Jarvis, Devra & Aistara, Guntra & Barnaud, Adeline & Clouvel, Pascal & Emperaire, Laure & , 2015. "Farmer seed networks make a limited contribution to agriculture? Four common misconceptions," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 56(C), pages 41-50.
- Nagarajan, Latha & Audi, Patrick & Jones, Richard, 2008. "Supply of pigeonpea genetic resources in local markets of Eastern Kenya:," IFPRI discussion papers 819, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
More about this item
KeywordsAgricultural development; Informal sector; Seed markets; Traders; Landraces; Millet; Sorghum; Women; Biodiversity;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2008-03-25 (Africa)
- NEP-AGR-2008-03-25 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2008-03-25 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fpr:ifprid:746. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ifprius.html .