The potential of farm-level technologies and practices to contribute to reducing consumer exposure to aflatoxins: A theory of change analysis:
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Howard White, 2009. "Theory-based impact evaluation: principles and practice," Journal of Development Effectiveness, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 1(3), pages 271-284.
- Hoffmann, Vivian & Gatobu, Ken Mwithirwa, 2014. "Growing their own: Unobservable quality and the value of self-provisioning," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 106(C), pages 168-178.
- William A. Masters & Diakalia Sanogo, 2002.
"Welfare Gains from Quality Certification of Infant Foods: Results from a Market Experiment in Mali,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 84(4), pages 974-989.
- William Masters & Diakalia Sanogo, 2002. "Welfare gains from quality certification of infant foods: Results from a market experiment in mali," Framed Field Experiments 00191, The Field Experiments Website.
- Sckokai, Paolo & Veneziani, Mario & Moro, Daniele & Castellari, Elena, 2014.
"Consumer willingness to pay for food safety: the case of mycotoxins in milk,"
Bio-based and Applied Economics Journal, Italian Association of Agricultural and Applied Economics (AIEAA), vol. 3(1), pages 1-19, April.
- Sckokai, Paolo & Moro, Daniele & Cuomo, Enrica, 2010. "Consumers’ willingness to pay for food safety: the case of mycotoxins in milk," 115th Joint EAAE/AAEA Seminar, September 15-17, 2010, Freising-Weihenstephan, Germany 116411, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Nick Hanley & Jennifer Milne, "undated". "Ethical Beliefs and Behaviour in Contingent Valuation," Working Papers Series e96/1, University of Stirling, Division of Economics.
- Sanogo, Diakalia & Masters, William A., 2002. "A market-based approach to child nutrition: mothers' demand for quality certification of infant foods in Bamako, Mali," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 251-268, June.
- Leroy, Jef L., 2013. "Child stunting and aflatoxins:," 2020 vision briefs 20(4), International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Unnevehr, Laurian & Grace, Delia, 2013. "Aflatoxins: Finding solutions for improved food safety," 2020 vision focus 20, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Gajate-Garrido, Gissele & Hoffmann, Vivian & Magnan, Nicholas & Opoku, Nelson, 2016. "Technological and Market Interventions for Aflatoxin Control in Ghana: Preliminary Findings," 2016 Annual Meeting, July 31-August 2, Boston, Massachusetts 236267, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Michelson, Hope & Ellison, Brenna & Fairbairn, Anna & Maertens, Annemie & Manyong, Victor, 2018. "Misperceived Quality: Fertilizer in Tanzania," MPRA Paper 90798, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Andrew M. Johnson & Tahirou Abdoulaye & Bamikole Ayedun & Joan R. Fulton & Nicole J. Olynk Widmar & Akande Adebowale & Ranajit Bandyopadhyay & Victor Manyong, 2020. "Willingness to pay of Nigerian poultry producers and feed millers for aflatoxin‐safe maize," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 36(2), pages 299-317, April.
- Stéphan Marette & Jutta Roosen & Sandrine Blanchemanche, 2008.
"Taxes and subsidies to change eating habits when information is not enough: an application to fish consumption,"
Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 34(2), pages 119-143, October.
- Stephan Marette & Jutta Roosen & Sandrine Blanchemanche, 2008. "Taxes and subsidies to change eating habits when information is not enough: an application to fish consumption," Post-Print hal-01172882, HAL.
- Hoffmann, Vivian & Magnan, Nicholas & Garrido, Gissele Gajate & Kanyam, Daniel Akwasi & Opoku, Nelson, 2017.
"Information, Technology, and Market Rewards: Incentivizing Aflatoxin Control in Ghana,"
2018 Allied Social Sciences Association (ASSA) Annual Meeting, January 5-7, 2018, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
266297, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Magnan, Nicholas & Hoffmann, Vivian & Garrido, Gissele & Kanyam, Faniel Akwasi & Opoku, Nelson, 2019. "Information, technology, and market rewards: Incentivizing aflatoxin control in Ghana:," IFPRI discussion papers 1878, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Anagol, Santosh, 2017. "Adverse selection in asset markets: Theory and evidence from the Indian market for cows," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 129(C), pages 58-72.
- Samuel G Schumacher & Hojoon Sohn & Zhi Zhen Qin & Genevieve Gore & J Lucian Davis & Claudia M Denkinger & Madhukar Pai, 2016. "Impact of Molecular Diagnostics for Tuberculosis on Patient-Important Outcomes: A Systematic Review of Study Methodologies," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 11(3), pages 1-21, March.
- David Pearce & Giles Atkinson, 1998. "The concept of sustainable development: An evaluation of its usefulness ten years after Brundtland," Swiss Journal of Economics and Statistics (SJES), Swiss Society of Economics and Statistics (SSES), vol. 134(III), pages 251-269, September.
- Catherine Laroche-Dupraz & Carole Ropars-Collet & . Inra & . Societe Francaise d'Economie Rurale & . Centre de Coopération Internationale En Recherche Agronomique Pour Le Développement, 2009. "Disruption on urban chicken markets in Haiti and Cameroon : the role of socio-economic factors on chicken’s consumption," Post-Print hal-02754360, HAL.
- Sara Rafael Almeida & Joana Sousa Lourenco & Francois J. Dessart & Emanuele Ciriolo, 2017. "Insights from behavioural sciences to prevent and combat violence against women. Literature review," JRC Working Papers JRC103975, Joint Research Centre (Seville site).
- Quentin Ssossé & Johanna Wagner & Carina Hopper, 2021. "Assessing the Impact of ESD: Methods, Challenges, Results," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 13(5), pages 1-26, March.
- Kadjo, Didier & Ricker-Gilbert, Jacob & Tahirou, Abdoulaye & Shively, Gerald & Baco, Nasser, 2016. "Adverse selection in informal maize markets in Benin," 2016 Fifth International Conference, September 23-26, 2016, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia 249289, African Association of Agricultural Economists (AAAE).
- Hernandez-Solano, A. & Yunez-Naude, A., 2018. "The shadow value of agricultural land rent of rural households and alternative uses of land for sustainable development: the case of Mexico," 2018 Conference, July 28-August 2, 2018, Vancouver, British Columbia 277260, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Vivian Hoffmann & Christine M. Moser & Timothy J. Herrman, 2021. "Demand for Aflatoxin‐Safe Maize in Kenya: Dynamic Response to Price and Advertising," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 103(1), pages 275-295, January.
- Calina-Ana BUTIU, 2017. "Evidence Based Practice In Academic Dropout Policy. The Pro-Integra Model," Journal of Community Positive Practices, Catalactica NGO, issue 1, pages 3-12.
- Taglioni, Chiara & Cavicchi, Alessio & Torquati, Biancamaria & Scarpa, Riccardo, 2011. "Influence of Brand Equity on Milk Choice: A Choice Experiment Survey," International Journal on Food System Dynamics, International Center for Management, Communication, and Research, vol. 2(3), pages 1-21, December.
- Smith, Trenton G. & Chouinard, Hayley H. & Wandschneider, Philip R., 2011.
"Waiting for the invisible hand: Novel products and the role of information in the modern market for food,"
Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 239-249, April.
- Trenton Smith & Hayley Chouinard & Philip Wandschneider, 2009. "Waiting for the Invisible Hand: Novel Products and the Role of Information in the Modern Market for Food," Working Papers 2009-07, School of Economic Sciences, Washington State University.
- Matthew Manning & Susanne Garvis & Christopher Fleming & Gabriel T.W. Wong, 2017. "The relationship between teacher qualification and the quality of the early childhood education and care environment," Campbell Systematic Reviews, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 13(1), pages 1-82.
- Marette, Stéphan & Roosen, Jutta & Blanchemanche, Sandrine & Feinblatt-Mélèze, Eve, 2010. "Functional food, uncertainty and consumers' choices: A lab experiment with enriched yoghurts for lowering cholesterol," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(5), pages 419-428, October.
- Scott, Anthony, 2002. "Identifying and analysing dominant preferences in discrete choice experiments: An application in health care," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 383-398, June.
- Diego A. Vazquez & Catherine Liston‐Heyes, 2008. "Corporate discourse and environmental performance in Argentina," Business Strategy and the Environment, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 17(3), pages 179-193, March.
More about this item
Keywordsaflatoxins; mycotoxins; food safety; maize; groundnuts; crop improvement; postharvest technology;
All these keywords.
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2015-09-05 (Agricultural Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fpr:ifprid:1452. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/ifprius.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/ifprius.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.