How will training traders contribute to improved food safety in informal markets for meat and milk? A theory of change analysis:
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Unknown, 2010. "Demand for livestock products in developing countries with a focus on quality and safety attributes: Evidence from case studies," Research Reports 97973, International Livestock Research Institute.
- Chamhuri, Norshamliza & Batt, Peter J., 2013. "Exploring the Factors Influencing Consumers’ Choice of Retail Store When Purchasing Fresh Meat in Malaysia," International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, International Food and Agribusiness Management Association, vol. 16(3), pages 1-24, September.
- Kaitibie, Simeon & Omore, Amos & Rich, Karl & Kristjanson, Patti, 2010. "Kenyan Dairy Policy Change: Influence Pathways and Economic Impacts," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 38(10), pages 1494-1505, October.
- Kumar, Anjani & Staal, Steven J., 2010. "Is traditional milk marketing and processing viable and efficient? An empirical evidence from Assam, India," Quarterly Journal of International Agriculture, Humboldt-Universitaat zu Berlin, vol. 49(3), pages 1-13.
- White, Howard, 2009. "Theory-Based Impact Evaluation," 3ie Publications 2009-3, International Initiative for Impact Evaluation (3ie).
- Giel Ton & Sietze Vellema & Lan Ge, 2014. "The Triviality of Measuring Ultimate Outcomes: Acknowledging the Span of Direct Influence," IDS Bulletin, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 45(6), pages 37-48, November.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Ebata, A. & Win, K.S. & Loevinsohn, M. & Macgregor, H., 2018. "Value chain governance and institutions behind biosecurity along pig value chains in Myanmar," 2018 Conference, July 28-August 2, 2018, Vancouver, British Columbia 277082, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Dave Nyongesa & Martin Kiogora Mwirigi & David Yongo & Stella Makokha, 2016. "Gender-concerns: do they matter in smallholder dairy groups in Kenya?," International Journal of Agricultural Resources, Governance and Ecology, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 12(1), pages 1-17.
- Samuel G Schumacher & Hojoon Sohn & Zhi Zhen Qin & Genevieve Gore & J Lucian Davis & Claudia M Denkinger & Madhukar Pai, 2016. "Impact of Molecular Diagnostics for Tuberculosis on Patient-Important Outcomes: A Systematic Review of Study Methodologies," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 11(3), pages 1-21, March.
- Maria Lo Bue & Stephan Klasen, 2013.
"Identifying Synergies and Complementarities Between MDGs: Results from Cluster Analysis,"
Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 113(2), pages 647-670, September.
- Maria Carmela Lo Bue & Stephan Klasen, 2012. "Identifying synergies and complementarities between MDGs: Results from cluster analysis," Courant Research Centre: Poverty, Equity and Growth - Discussion Papers 126, Courant Research Centre PEG.
- Glover, Dominic & Poole, Nigel, 2019. "Principles of innovation to build nutrition-sensitive food systems in South Asia," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 82(C), pages 63-73.
- Otieno, David Jakinda & Kerubo, Daniella Maroma, 2016. "Characterization of consumers’ purchase and consumption behaviour for chicken in Nairobi, Kenya: Targeted insights for value chain positioning," 2016 Fifth International Conference, September 23-26, 2016, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia 249320, African Association of Agricultural Economists (AAAE).
- Kiambi, Stella & Alarcon, Pablo & Rushton, Jonathan & Murungi, Maurice K. & Muinde, Patrick & Akoko, James & Aboge, Gabriel & Gikonyo, Stephen & Momanyi, Kelvin & Kang'ethe, Erastus K. & Fèvre, Eric M, 2018. "Mapping Nairobi's dairy food system: An essential analysis for policy, industry and research," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 167(C), pages 47-60.
- Baker, Derek & Mtimet, Nadhem & Pica-Ciamarra, Ugo & Nsiima, Longin, 2016. "Consumers’ preferences for animal-source foods and retail outlets: The case of Tanzania," African Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, African Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 11(3).
- Walke, Maria & Mtimet, Nadhem & Baker, Derek & Lindahl, Johanna & Hartmann, Monika & Grace, Delia, 2014. "Kenyan perceptions of aflatoxin: an analysis of raw milk consumption," 2014 International Congress, August 26-29, 2014, Ljubljana, Slovenia 182729, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Hwang, JaeHee & Lee, SeongWoo, 2015. "The effect of the rural tourism policy on non-farm income in South Korea," Tourism Management, Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 501-513.
- Mtimet, Nadhem & Baker, Derek & Pica-Ciamarra, Ugo & Jagwe, John, 2013. "Consumer Preferences for Animal Source Foods in Uganda: Quality, Retail Forms and Retail Outlets," International Journal on Food System Dynamics, International Center for Management, Communication, and Research, vol. 4(2), pages 1-11, September.
- Marian Meller & Stephan Litschig, 2014.
"Saving Lives: Evidence from a Conditional Food Supplementation Program,"
Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 49(4), pages 1014-1052.
- Stephan Litschig & Marian Meller, 2012. "Saving lives: Evidence from a conditional food supplementation program," Economics Working Papers 1304, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, revised Nov 2013.
- Marian Meller & Stephan Litschig, 2013. "Saving Lives: Evidence from a Conditional Food Supplementation Program," Working Papers 609, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Howard White, 2013.
"An introduction to the use of randomised control trials to evaluate development interventions,"
Journal of Development Effectiveness, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 5(1), pages 30-49, March.
- White, Howard, 2011. "An introduction to the use of randomized control trials to evaluate development interventions," 3ie Publications 2011-9, International Initiative for Impact Evaluation (3ie).
- Rasheed, Sulaiman V. & Hall, Andy & Reddy, T.S. Vamsidhar, 2011. "Missing the target: Lessons from enabling innovation in South Asia," MERIT Working Papers 2011-050, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Bayan, B, 2018. "EU-Brazil proposal on farm support: strengthening agricultural reforms or undermining them?," Agricultural Economics Research Review, Agricultural Economics Research Association (India), vol. 31(1).
- Hoffmann, Vivian & Moser, Christine & Saak, Alexander, 2019. "Food safety in low and middle-income countries: The evidence through an economic lens," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 123(C), pages 1-1.
- Ravallion, Martin, 2008. "Evaluating Anti-Poverty Programs," Handbook of Development Economics, in: T. Paul Schultz & John A. Strauss (ed.), Handbook of Development Economics, edition 1, volume 4, chapter 59, pages 3787-3846, Elsevier.
- Baker, Derek, 2013. "Applying economics to networks: What analytical insight do we gain?," 2013 Fourth International Conference, September 22-25, 2013, Hammamet, Tunisia 159700, African Association of Agricultural Economists (AAAE).
- Gómez, Miguel I. & Ricketts, Katie D., 2013. "Food value chain transformations in developing countries: Selected hypotheses on nutritional implications," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 139-150.
- Jabbar, Mohammad A. & Baker, Derek & Fadiga, Mohamadou, 2011. "Animal-source foods in the developing world: Demand for quality and safety," Research Reports 181858, International Livestock Research Institute.
More about this item
Keywordsfood safety; markets; dairy; training; informal sector; certification;
All these keywords.
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2015-09-05 (Agricultural Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fpr:ifprid:1451. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/ifprius.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/ifprius.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.