The real bills doctrine vs. the quantity theory: a reconsideration
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Paul A. Samuelson, 1958. "An Exact Consumption-Loan Model of Interest with or without the Social Contrivance of Money," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 66, pages 467-467.
- Fama, Eugene F., 1980. "Banking in the theory of finance," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 39-57, January.
- James Tobin, 1963. "Commercial Banks as Creators of 'Money'," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 159, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- John Bryant & Neil Wallace, 1980. "A suggestion for further simplifying the theory of money," Staff Report 62, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Kareken, John & Wallace, Neil, 1977. "Portfolio autarky: A welfare analysis," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(1), pages 19-43, February.
- Wallace, Neil, 1981.
"A Modigliani-Miller Theorem for Open-Market Operations,"
American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(3), pages 267-274, June.
- Neil Wallace, 1979. "A Modigliani-Miller theorem for open-market operations," Staff Report 44, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Balasko, Yves & Shell, Karl, 1980. "The overlapping-generations model, I: The case of pure exchange without money," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 281-306, December.
- Bryant, John & Wallace, Neil, 1979. "The Inefficiency of Interest-bearing National Debt," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 87(2), pages 365-381, April.
- Martins, Marco Antonia Campos, 1980. "A Nominal Theory of the Nominal Rate of Interest and the Price Level," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 88(1), pages 174-185, February.
- Walter Perrin Heller & Ross M. Starr, 1976. "Equilibrium with Non-convex Transactions Costs: Monetary and Non-monetary Economies," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 43(2), pages 195-215.
- Lucas, Robert E, Jr, 1980. "Equilibrium in a Pure Currency Economy," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 18(2), pages 203-220, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Finn E. Kydland & Scott Freeman, 2000. "Monetary Aggregates and Output," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 90(5), pages 1125-1135, December.
- Sargent, Thomas J. & Wallace, Meil, 1983. "A model of commodity money," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 163-187.
- Marco A. Espinosa-Vega & Steven Russell, 1998.
"A public finance analysis of multiple reserve requirements,"
FRB Atlanta Working Paper
98-1, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- Marco A. Espinosa-Vega & Steven Russell, 1999. "A public finance analysis of multiple reserve requirements," FRB Atlanta Working Paper 99-19, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- Guillermo Ortiz, 1983. "Dollarization in Mexico: Causes and Consequences," NBER Chapters, in: Financial Policies and the World Capital Market: The Problem of Latin American Countries, pages 71-106, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sargent, Thomas J, 1982. "Beyond Demand and Supply Curves in Macroeconomics," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 72(2), pages 382-389, May.
- Eaton, Jonathan, 1986.
"Lending with costly enforcement of repayment and potential fraud,"
Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 281-293, June.
- Jonathan Eaton, 1985. "Lending with Costly Enforcement of Repayment and Potential Fraud," NBER Working Papers 1697, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- David Folkerts-Landau & Peter M. Garber, 1992. "The European Central Bank: A Bank or a Monetary Policy Rule," NBER Working Papers 4016, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sanford J. Grossman & Laurence Weiss, 1982. "A Transactions Based Model of the Monetary Transmission Mechanism: Part 1," NBER Working Papers 0973, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Stanley Fischer, 1982. "A Framework for Monetary and Banking Analysis," NBER Working Papers 0936, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-MON-2002-03-14 (Monetary Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedmsr:64. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cfrbmus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.