Compensation incentives and risk taking behavior: evidence from mutual funds
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Athanasios Orphanides, "undated". "Compensation Incentives and Risk Taking Behavior: Evidence from Mutual Funds," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 1996-21, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.), revised 10 Dec 2019.
References listed on IDEAS
- Athanasios Orphanides & Brian Reid & David H. Small, 1994.
"The empirical properties of a monetary aggregate that adds bond and stock funds to M2,"
Proceedings, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Nov, pages 31-51.
- Athanasios Orphanides & Brian Reid & David H. Small, 1994. "The empirical properties of a monetary aggregate that adds bond and stock funds to M2," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Nov, pages 31-51.
- Athanasios Orphanides & Brian Reid & David H. Small, 1993. "The empirical properties of a monetary aggregates that adds bond and stock funds to M2," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 93-42, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Mark Grinblatt & Sheridan Titman, 1989.
"Adverse Risk Incentives and the Design of Performance-Based Contracts,"
Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 35(7), pages 807-822, July.
- Mark Grinblatt & Sheridan Titman, "undated". "Adverse Risk Incentives and the Design of Performance-Based Contracts," Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers 21-88, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- Holmstrom, Bengt & Milgrom, Paul, 1987.
"Aggregation and Linearity in the Provision of Intertemporal Incentives,"
Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(2), pages 303-328, March.
- Bengt Holmstrom & Paul R. Milgrom, 1985. "Aggregation and Linearity in the Provision of Intertemporal Incentives," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 742, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Brown, Stephen J & Goetzmann, William N, 1995. "Performance Persistence," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 50(2), pages 679-698, June.
- Brown, Stephen J, et al, 1992. "Survivorship Bias in Performance Studies," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 5(4), pages 553-580.
- Starks, Laura T., 1987. "Performance Incentive Fees: An Agency Theoretic Approach," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 22(1), pages 17-32, March.
- Goetzmann, W.N., 1993. "Attrition and Mutual Fund Performance," Papers 93-01, Columbia - Graduate School of Business.
- Brown, Keith C & Harlow, W V & Starks, Laura T, 1996. "Of Tournaments and Temptations: An Analysis of Managerial Incentives in the Mutual Fund Industry," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 51(1), pages 85-110, March.
- Stoughton, Neal M, 1993. "Moral Hazard and the Portfolio Management Problem," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 48(5), pages 2009-2028, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Azleen Shabrina Mohd Nor* & Nahariah Jaffar & Zarehan Selamat & Salmi Mohd Zahid & Norhazlin Ismail, 2018. "Corporate Influences and Financial Reporting Quality in Pre- and Post-Adoption of the Malaysian Financial Reporting Standards," The Journal of Social Sciences Research, Academic Research Publishing Group, pages 52-60:3.
- Alexander Kempf & Stefan Ruenzi, 2008. "Tournaments in Mutual-Fund Families," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 21(2), pages 1013-1036, April.
- Ching-Chang Wang & Jerry Yu, 2018. "The holdings markup behavior of mutual funds: evidence from an emerging market," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 50(2), pages 393-414, February.
- Dhagash Mehta & Dhruv Desai & Jithin Pradeep, 2020. "Machine Learning Fund Categorizations," Papers 2006.00123, arXiv.org.
- Éric Jondeau, 2004. "Gestion institutionnelle et volatilité des marchés financiers," Revue d'Économie Financière, Programme National Persée, vol. 74(1), pages 157-175.
More about this item
KeywordsRisk; Mutual funds; Income distribution;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedgfe:96-21. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/frbgvus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.