Credit line use and availability in the financial crisis: the importance of hedging
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Viral V. Acharya & Heitor Almeida & Murillo Campello, 2010.
"Aggregate Risk and the Choice between Cash and Lines of Credit,"
NBER Working Papers
16122, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Acharya, Viral V & Almeida, Heitor & Campello, Murillo, 2012. "Aggregate Risk and the Choice between Cash and Lines of Credit," CEPR Discussion Papers 8913, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Rocco Huang, 2010. "How committed are bank lines of credit? Experiences in the subprime mortgage crisis," Working Papers 10-25, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia, revised 2010.
- Dittmar, Amy & Mahrt-Smith, Jan & Servaes, Henri, 2002. "Corporate Liquidity," CEPR Discussion Papers 3499, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Murillo Campello & Erasmo Giambona & John R. Graham & Campbell R. Harvey, 2011.
"Liquidity Management and Corporate Investment During a Financial Crisis,"
Review of Financial Studies,
Society for Financial Studies, vol. 24(6), pages 1944-1979.
- Murillo Campello & Erasmo Giambona & John R. Graham & Campbell R. Harvey, 2010. "Liquidity Management and Corporate Investment During a Financial Crisis," NBER Working Papers 16309, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Demiroglu, Cem & James, Christopher, 2011. "The use of bank lines of credit in corporate liquidity management: A review of empirical evidence," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 35(4), pages 775-782, April.
- Sudheer Chava & Michael R. Roberts, 2008. "How Does Financing Impact Investment? The Role of Debt Covenants," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 63(5), pages 2085-2121, October.
- Cem Demiroglu & Christopher M. James, 2010. "The Information Content of Bank Loan Covenants," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 23(10), pages 3700-3737, October.
- Marcin Kacperczyk & Philipp Schnabl, 2010.
"When Safe Proved Risky: Commercial Paper during the Financial Crisis of 2007-2009,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 24(1), pages 29-50, Winter.
- Marcin Kacperczyk & Philipp Schnabl, 2009. "When Safe Proved Risky: Commercial Paper During the Financial Crisis of 2007-2009," NBER Working Papers 15538, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Judit Montoriol-Garriga & Evan G. Sekeris, 2009. "A question of liquidity: the great banking run of 2008?," Supervisory Research and Analysis Working Papers QAU09-4, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, revised 2009.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Acharya, Viral & Almeida, Heitor & Ippolito, Filippo & Perez, Ander, 2014.
"Credit lines as monitored liquidity insurance: Theory and evidence,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 112(3), pages 287-319.
- Heitor Almeida & Filippo Ippolito & Ander Perez & Viral Acharya, 2012. "Credit Lines as Monitored Liquidity Insurance: Theory and Evidence," 2012 Meeting Papers 823, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Viral V. Acharya & Heitor Almeida & Filippo Ippolito & Ander Perez, 2013. "Credit Lines as Monitored Liquidity Insurance: Theory and Evidence," NBER Working Papers 18892, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Pagratis, Spyros & Topaloglou, Nikolas & Tsionas, Mike, 2017. "System stress testing of bank liquidity risk," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 73(PA), pages 22-40.
- Laidroo, Laivi & Männasoo, Kadri, 2017. "Do credit commitments compromise credit quality?," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 303-317.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-BAN-2012-05-22 (Banking)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedgfe:2012-27. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ryan Wolfslayer ; Keisha Fournillier). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/frbgvus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.