When Safe Proved Risky: Commercial Paper During the Financial Crisis of 2007-2009
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Marcin Kacperczyk & Philipp Schnabl, 2010. "When Safe Proved Risky: Commercial Paper during the Financial Crisis of 2007-2009," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 24(1), pages 29-50, Winter.
References listed on IDEAS
- (Various), 2007. "Book Reviews," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 4), pages 171-177.
- Marcin Kacperczyk & Stijn Van Nieuwerburgh & Laura Veldkamp, 2009. "Rational Attention Allocation Over the Business Cycle," NBER Working Papers 15450, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Oecd, 2009. "Monitoring Review of Korea," OECD Journal: Competition Law and Policy, OECD Publishing, vol. 9(3), pages 107-137.
- Oecd, 2008. "DAC Peer Review of Denmark," OECD Journal on Development, OECD Publishing, vol. 8(4), pages 7-125.
- Markus K. Brunnermeier, 2009. "Deciphering the Liquidity and Credit Crunch 2007-2008," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 23(1), pages 77-100, Winter.
- (Various), 2007. "Book Reviews," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 1), pages 171-179.
- (Various), 2007. "Book Reviews," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 3), pages 187-192.
- (Various), 2007. "Book Reviews," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 2), pages 175-187.
- George A. Akerlof, 1970. "The Market for "Lemons": Quality Uncertainty and the Market Mechanism," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 84(3), pages 488-500.
- Oecd, 2008. "DAC Peer Review of Canada," OECD Journal on Development, OECD Publishing, vol. 8(4), pages 263-387.
- Timothy Q. Cook, 1993. "Instruments of the money market," Monograph, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond, number 1993iotm.
- Timothy Q. Cook, 1993. "Instruments of the money market (foreword)," Monograph, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond, number 1993iotmm.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Andreas Ortmann & Benoît Walraevens, 2012. "Adam Smith, Philosopher and Man of the World," Post-Print halshs-00756341, HAL.
- José Cendejas Bueno & Cecilia Font de Villanueva, 2015. "Convergence of inflation with a common cycle: estimating and modelling Spanish historical inflation from the 16th to the 18th centuries," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 48(4), pages 1643-1665, June.
- Edmund Byrne, 2014. "Towards Enforceable Bans on Illicit Businesses: From Moral Relativism to Human Rights," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 119(1), pages 119-130, January.
- Hofstad, Ole & Araya, Meley Mekonen, 2015. "Optimal wood harvest in miombo woodland considering REDD+payments — A case study at Kitulangalo Forest Reserve, Tanzania," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 9-16.
- Betakova, Vendula & Vojar, Jiri & Sklenicka, Petr, 2015. "Wind turbines location: How many and how far?," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 151(C), pages 23-31.
- Louise Bedsworth, 2012. "California’s local health agencies and the state’s climate adaptation strategy," Climatic Change, Springer, vol. 111(1), pages 119-133, March.
- Waters, James, 2014. "Introduction of innovations during the 2007-8 financial crisis: US companies compared with universities," MPRA Paper 59016, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Zagonov, Maxim, 2011. "Securitization and bank intermediation function," MPRA Paper 34961, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Sep 2011.
- Gunay, Samet, 2020. "Seeking causality between liquidity risk and credit risk: TED-OIS spreads and CDS indexes," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 52(C).
- Agur, Itai, 2014. "Bank risk within and across equilibria," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 322-333.
- Athreya, Kartik B., 2014. "Big Ideas in Macroeconomics: A Nontechnical View," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262019736, September.
- Kuncl, Martin, 2019.
"Securitization under asymmetric information over the business cycle,"
European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 111(C), pages 237-256.
- Martin Kuncl, 2014. "Securitization under Asymmetric Information over the Business Cycle," CERGE-EI Working Papers wp506, The Center for Economic Research and Graduate Education - Economics Institute, Prague.
- Martin Kuncl, 2015. "Securitization under Asymmetric Information over the Business Cycle," Staff Working Papers 15-9, Bank of Canada.
- Efing, Matthias & Hau, Harald, 2015.
"Structured debt ratings: Evidence on conflicts of interest,"
Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 116(1), pages 46-60.
- Efing, Matthias & Hau, Harald, 2013. "Structured Debt Ratings: Evidence on Conflicts of Interest," CEPR Discussion Papers 9465, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Matthias Efing & Harald Hau, 2013. "Structured Debt Ratings: Evidence on Conflicts of Interest," Swiss Finance Institute Research Paper Series 13-21, Swiss Finance Institute.
- Athreya, Kartik, 2006.
"Fresh start or head start? Uniform bankruptcy exemptions and welfare,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 30(11), pages 2051-2079, November.
- Kartik B. Athreya, 2004. "Fresh start or head start? Uniform bankruptcy exemptions and welfare," Working Paper 03-03, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond.
- Giampaolo Gabbi & Alesia Kalbaska & Alessandro Vercelli, 2014. "Factors generating and transmitting the financial crisis: The role of incentives: securitization and contagion," Working papers wpaper56, Financialisation, Economy, Society & Sustainable Development (FESSUD) Project.
- Douglas W. Diamond & Raghuram G. Rajan, 2009. "Fear of Fire Sales and the Credit Freeze," NBER Working Papers 14925, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Goldstein, Itay & Razin, Assaf, 2015. "Three Branches of Theories of Financial Crises," Foundations and Trends(R) in Finance, now publishers, vol. 10(2), pages 113-180, 30.
- Piotr Ciżkowicz & Andrzej Rzońcaz, 2017. "Are Major Central Banks Blinded By The Analytical Elegance Of Their Models? Possible Costs Of Unconventional Monetary Policy Measures," The Singapore Economic Review (SER), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 62(01), pages 87-108, March.
- Tsionas, Mike G. & Mamatzakis, Emmanuel & Ongena, Steven, 2020. "Does risk aversion affect bank output loss? The case of the Eurozone," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 282(3), pages 1127-1145.
- Ioanna Kokores, 2015. "Lean-Against-the-Wind Monetary Policy: The Post-Crisis Shift in the Literature," SPOUDAI Journal of Economics and Business, SPOUDAI Journal of Economics and Business, University of Piraeus, vol. 65(3-4), pages 66-99, july-Dece.
More about this item
- G01 - Financial Economics - - General - - - Financial Crises
- G11 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Portfolio Choice; Investment Decisions
- G2 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-MON-2009-11-27 (Monetary Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:15538. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.