Capital trading, stock trading, and the inflation tax on equity: a note
The authors show that there is more responsiveness of consumption and output to changes in the money supply than exists in the standard neoclassical growth models.
|Date of creation:||2003|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.clevelandfed.org/
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Email: |
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Scott Baier & Charles T. Carlstrom & Ralph Chami & Thomas Cosimano & Timothy Fuerst & Connel Fullenkamp, 2003.
"Capital Trading, Stock Trading, and the Inflation Tax on Equity: A Note,"
Review of Economic Dynamics,
Elsevier for the Society for Economic Dynamics, vol. 6(4), pages 987-990, October.
- Scott L. Baier & Charles T. Carlstrom & Ralph Chami & Thomas F. Cosimano & Timothy S. Fuerst & Collen Fullenkamp, 2003. "Capital trading, stock trading, and the inflation tax on equity: a note," Working Paper 0321, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Thomas F. Cooley & Gary D. Hansen, 1987.
"The Inflation Tax in a Real Business Cycle Model,"
UCLA Economics Working Papers
496, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Cooley, T.F. & Hansen, G.D., 1988. "The Inflation Tax In A Real Business Cycle Model," Papers 88-05, Rochester, Business - General.
- Cooley, T.F. & Hansen, G.D., 1988. "The Inflation Tax In A Real Business Cycle Model," RCER Working Papers 155, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Ralph Chami & Thomas F. Cosimano & Connel Fullenkamp, 2001. "Capital Trading, Stock Trading, and the Inflation Tax on Equity," Review of Economic Dynamics, Elsevier for the Society for Economic Dynamics, vol. 4(3), pages 575-606, July.
- Charles T. Carlstrom & Timothy S. Fuerst, 2000.
"Money growth rules and price level determinacy,"
0010, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Benhabib, Jess & Farmer, Roger E.A., 1999. "Indeterminacy and sunspots in macroeconomics," Handbook of Macroeconomics, in: J. B. Taylor & M. Woodford (ed.), Handbook of Macroeconomics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 6, pages 387-448 Elsevier.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedcwp:0321. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Lee Faulhaber)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.