Social Security Funds, Payroll Tax Adjustment and Real Exchange Rate: The Finnish Model
This paper presents the Finnish system of EMU buffer funds. The idea of the buffer funds is to finance temporary reductions of payroll taxes in a case of asymmetric shock facing the economy. It is well-known that by adjusting payroll taxes it is possible to change real exchange rate, provided that nominal wages are kept unchanged. The paper presents estimation results on the sufficient size of buffer funds. It is shown that relatively modest funds would be capable to cover the costs of stabilization if asymmetric shocks occur.
|Date of creation:||01 Jan 1999|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Arkadiankatu 7, P.O. Box 1279, FI-00101 Helsinki|
Phone: +358 295 519 400
Fax: +358 295 519 599
Web page: http://www.vatt.fi/
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Email: |
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Svensson, Lars E O, 1994.
"Fixed Exchange Rates as a Means to Price Stability: What Have We Learned?,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
872, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Svensson, Lars E. O., 1994. "Fixed exchange rates as a means to price stability: What have we learned?," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 38(3-4), pages 447-468, April.
- Svensson, L.E.O., 1993. "Fixed Exchange Rates As a Means to Price Stability: What Have we Learned?," Papers 553, Stockholm - International Economic Studies.
- Lars E.O. Svensson, 1993. "Fixed Exchange Rates as a Means to Price Stability: What Have We Learned," NBER Working Papers 4504, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ahonen, Jukka & Pyyhtiä, Ilmo, 1996. "Suomen teollisuuden rakenne ja häiriöalttius suhteessa muihin EU-maihin," Research Discussion Papers 5/1996, Bank of Finland.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fer:dpaper:198. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Anita Niskanen)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.