Uncovering the Macrostructure of Tourists’ Preferences. A Choice Experiment Analysis of Tourism Demand to Sardinia
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- R. Brau & D. Cao, 2005. "Uncovering the macrostructure of tourists' preferences. A choice experiment analysis of tourism demand to Sardinia," Working Paper CRENoS 200514, Centre for North South Economic Research, University of Cagliari and Sassari, Sardinia.
References listed on IDEAS
- McFadden, Daniel L., 1984. "Econometric analysis of qualitative response models," Handbook of Econometrics,in: Z. Griliches† & M. D. Intriligator (ed.), Handbook of Econometrics, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 24, pages 1395-1457 Elsevier.
- Adamowicz, Wiktor L. & Boxall, Peter C. & Williams, Michael & Louviere, Jordan, 1995. "Stated Preference Approaches for Measuring Passive Use Values: Choice Experiments versus Contingent Valuation," Staff Paper Series 24126, University of Alberta, Department of Resource Economics and Environmental Sociology.
- Hanley, Nick & Mourato, Susana & Wright, Robert E, 2001. " Choice Modelling Approaches: A Superior Alternative for Environmental Valuation?," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 15(3), pages 435-462, July.
- Louviere,Jordan J. & Hensher,David A. & Swait,Joffre D. With contributions by-Name:Adamowicz,Wiktor, 2000. "Stated Choice Methods," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521788304, March.
- Marie-Antoinette Maupertuis & Sauveur Giannoni, 2005. "Environmental Quality and Long Run Tourism Development a Cyclical Perspective for Small Island Tourist Economies," Working Papers 2005.145, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Train,Kenneth E., 2009. "Discrete Choice Methods with Simulation," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521747387, March.
- M. Thea Sinclair, 1998. "Tourism and economic development: A survey," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(5), pages 1-51.
- Wiktor Adamowicz & Peter Boxall & Michael Williams & Jordan Louviere, 1998. "Stated Preference Approaches for Measuring Passive Use Values: Choice Experiments and Contingent Valuation," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 80(1), pages 64-75.
- Javier Lozano & Javier Rey-Maquieira, 2005. "An Analysis of the Evolution of Tourism Destinations from the Point of View of the Economic Growth Theory," Working Papers 2005.146, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Richard T. Carson, 2011. "Contingent Valuation," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 2489.
- Krinsky, Itzhak & Robb, A Leslie, 1986. "On Approximating the Statistical Properties of Elasticities," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 68(4), pages 715-719, November.
- Massimiliano Mazzanti, 2003. "Discrete choice models and valuation experiments," Journal of Economic Studies, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 30(6), pages 584-604, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Pröbstl-Haider Ulrike & Haider Wolfgang, 2014. "The role of protected areas in destination choice in the European Alps," Zeitschrift für Wirtschaftsgeographie, De Gruyter, vol. 58(1), pages 144-163, October.
- Brau, Rinaldo, 2008. "Demand-driven sustainable tourism? A choice modelling analysis," MPRA Paper 82773, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bart Vermeulen & Peter Goos & Riccardo Scarpa & Martina Vandebroek, 2011. "Bayesian Conjoint Choice Designs for Measuring Willingness to Pay," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 48(1), pages 129-149, January.
- Paolo Figini & Laura Vici, 2010. "Off-Season Tourists and the Cultural Offer of a Mass-Tourism Destination: The Case of Rimini," Working Paper series 24_10, Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis.
- Paulo A.L.D. Nunes & Helen Ding & Anil Markandya, 2009. "The Economic Valuation of Marine Ecosystems," Working Papers 2009.68, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Taylor, Tim & Longo, Alberto, 2009. "Valuation of Marine Ecosystem Threshold Effects:Application of Choice Experiments to Value Algal Bloom in the Black Sea Coast of Bulgaria," Department of Economics Working Papers 15971, University of Bath, Department of Economics.
- Paolo Figini & Massimiliano Castellani & Laura Vici, 2007. "Estimating Tourist Externalities on Residents: A Choice Modeling Approach to the Case of Rimini," Working Papers 2007.76, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- G. Marletto, 2006. "La politica dei trasporti come politica per l'innovazione: spunti da un approccio evolutivo," Working Paper CRENoS 200605, Centre for North South Economic Research, University of Cagliari and Sassari, Sardinia.
- OA Carboni & G. Medda, 2007. "Government Size and the Composition of Public Spending in a Neoclassical Growth Model," Working Paper CRENoS 200701, Centre for North South Economic Research, University of Cagliari and Sassari, Sardinia.
More about this item
KeywordsTourism demand; Green preferences; Choice experiments; Stated preferences;
- Q56 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Environment and Development; Environment and Trade; Sustainability; Environmental Accounts and Accounting; Environmental Equity; Population Growth
- L83 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Sports; Gambling; Restaurants; Recreation; Tourism
- C25 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Discrete Regression and Qualitative Choice Models; Discrete Regressors; Proportions; Probabilities
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2006-04-29 (All new papers)
- NEP-DCM-2006-04-29 (Discrete Choice Models)
- NEP-TUR-2006-04-29 (Tourism Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fem:femwpa:2006.33. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (barbara racah). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/feemmit.html .