Uncovering the macrostructure of tourists' preferences. A choice experiment analysis of tourism demand to Sardinia
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Rinaldo Brau & Davide Cao, 2006. "Uncovering the Macrostructure of Tourists’ Preferences. A Choice Experiment Analysis of Tourism Demand to Sardinia," Working Papers 2006.33, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
References listed on IDEAS
- Wiktor Adamowicz & Peter Boxall & Michael Williams & Jordan Louviere, 1998. "Stated Preference Approaches for Measuring Passive Use Values: Choice Experiments and Contingent Valuation," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 80(1), pages 64-75.
- McFadden, Daniel L., 1984. "Econometric analysis of qualitative response models," Handbook of Econometrics,in: Z. Griliches† & M. D. Intriligator (ed.), Handbook of Econometrics, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 24, pages 1395-1457 Elsevier.
- Train,Kenneth E., 2009. "Discrete Choice Methods with Simulation," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521766555, April.
- Javier Lozano & Javier Rey-Maquieira, 2005. "An Analysis of the Evolution of Tourism Destinations from the Point of View of the Economic Growth Theory," Working Papers 2005.146, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Adamowicz, Wiktor L. & Boxall, Peter C. & Williams, Michael & Louviere, Jordan, 1995. "Stated Preference Approaches for Measuring Passive Use Values: Choice Experiments versus Contingent Valuation," Staff Paper Series 24126, University of Alberta, Department of Resource Economics and Environmental Sociology.
- Richard T. Carson, 2011. "Contingent Valuation," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 2489.
- Hanley, Nick & Mourato, Susana & Wright, Robert E, 2001. " Choice Modelling Approaches: A Superior Alternative for Environmental Valuation?," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 15(3), pages 435-462, July.
- Krinsky, Itzhak & Robb, A Leslie, 1986. "On Approximating the Statistical Properties of Elasticities," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 68(4), pages 715-719, November.
- Louviere,Jordan J. & Hensher,David A. & Swait,Joffre D., 2000. "Stated Choice Methods," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521788304.
- Massimiliano Mazzanti, 2003. "Discrete choice models and valuation experiments," Journal of Economic Studies, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 30(6), pages 584-604, October.
- Marie-Antoinette Maupertuis & Sauveur Giannoni, 2005. "Environmental Quality and Long Run Tourism Development a Cyclical Perspective for Small Island Tourist Economies," Working Papers 2005.145, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- M. Thea Sinclair, 1998. "Tourism and economic development: A survey," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(5), pages 1-51.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:touman:v:33:y:2012:i:4:p:825-839 is not listed on IDEAS
- Rinaldo Brau & Antonello Scorcu & Laura Vici, 2009.
"Assessing visitor satisfaction with tourism rejuvenation policies: the case of Rimini, Italy,"
Journal of Environmental Planning and Management,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 52(1), pages 25-42.
- R. Brau & AE. Scorcu & L. Vici, 2007. "Assessing visitor satisfaction with tourism rejuvenation policies: the case of Rimini, Italy," Working Paper CRENoS 200709, Centre for North South Economic Research, University of Cagliari and Sassari, Sardinia.
- Rinaldo Brau & Antonello E. Scorcu & Laura Vici, 2007. "Assessing visitor satisfaction with tourism rejuvenation policies: the case of Rimini, Italy," Working Paper series 51_07, Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis.
- R. Brau & A. E. Scorcu & L. Vici, 2007. "Assessing visitor satisfaction with tourism rejuvenation policies: the case of Rimini, Italy," Working Papers 617, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Pröbstl-Haider Ulrike & Haider Wolfgang, 2014. "The role of protected areas in destination choice in the European Alps," Zeitschrift für Wirtschaftsgeographie, De Gruyter, vol. 58(1), pages 144-163, October.
- Brau, Rinaldo, 2008. "Demand-driven sustainable tourism? A choice modelling analysis," MPRA Paper 82773, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bart Vermeulen & Peter Goos & Riccardo Scarpa & Martina Vandebroek, 2011. "Bayesian Conjoint Choice Designs for Measuring Willingness to Pay," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 48(1), pages 129-149, January.
- Figini, Paolo & Vici, Laura, 2012.
"Off-season tourists and the cultural offer of a mass-tourism destination: The case of Rimini,"
Elsevier, vol. 33(4), pages 825-839.
- Paolo Figini & Laura Vici, 2010. "Off-Season Tourists and the Cultural Offer of a Mass-Tourism Destination: The Case of Rimini," Working Paper series 24_10, Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis.
- Paulo A.L.D. Nunes & Helen Ding & Anil Markandya, 2009. "The Economic Valuation of Marine Ecosystems," Working Papers 2009.68, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Taylor, Tim & Longo, Alberto, 2009. "Valuation of Marine Ecosystem Threshold Effects:Application of Choice Experiments to Value Algal Bloom in the Black Sea Coast of Bulgaria," Department of Economics Working Papers 15971, University of Bath, Department of Economics.
- Paolo Figini & Massimiliano Castellani & Laura Vici, 2007. "Estimating Tourist Externalities on Residents: A Choice Modeling Approach to the Case of Rimini," Working Papers 2007.76, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- G. Marletto, 2006. "La politica dei trasporti come politica per l'innovazione: spunti da un approccio evolutivo," Working Paper CRENoS 200605, Centre for North South Economic Research, University of Cagliari and Sassari, Sardinia.
- OA Carboni & G. Medda, 2007. "Government Size and the Composition of Public Spending in a Neoclassical Growth Model," Working Paper CRENoS 200701, Centre for North South Economic Research, University of Cagliari and Sassari, Sardinia.
More about this item
Keywordstourism demand; green preferences; choice experiments; stated preferences;
- C25 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Discrete Regression and Qualitative Choice Models; Discrete Regressors; Proportions; Probabilities
- L83 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Sports; Gambling; Restaurants; Recreation; Tourism
- Q56 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Environment and Development; Environment and Trade; Sustainability; Environmental Accounts and Accounting; Environmental Equity; Population Growth
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2006-05-06 (All new papers)
- NEP-DCM-2006-05-06 (Discrete Choice Models)
- NEP-TUR-2006-05-06 (Tourism Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cns:cnscwp:200514. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Antonello Pau). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/crenoit.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.