Estimating Tourist Externalities on Residents: A Choice Modeling Approach to the Case of Rimini
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Alberini, Anna & Zanatta, Valentina & Rosato, Paolo, 2007.
"Combining actual and contingent behavior to estimate the value of sports fishing in the Lagoon of Venice,"
Elsevier, vol. 61(2-3), pages 530-541, March.
- Anna Alberini & Valentina Zanatta & Paolo Rosato, 2005. "Combining Actual and Contingent Behavior to Estimate the Value of Sports Fishing in the Lagoon of Venice," Working Papers 2005.44, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- R. Brau & D. Cao, 2005.
"Uncovering the macrostructure of tourists' preferences. A choice experiment analysis of tourism demand to Sardinia,"
Working Paper CRENoS
200514, Centre for North South Economic Research, University of Cagliari and Sassari, Sardinia.
- Rinaldo Brau & Davide Cao, 2006. "Uncovering the Macrostructure of Tourists’ Preferences. A Choice Experiment Analysis of Tourism Demand to Sardinia," Working Papers 2006.33, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Boxall, Peter C. & Adamowicz, Wiktor L. & Swait, Joffre & Williams, Michael & Louviere, Jordan, 1996. "A comparison of stated preference methods for environmental valuation," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 243-253, September.
- Peter A. Diamond & Jerry A. Hausman, 1994. "Contingent Valuation: Is Some Number Better than No Number?," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 8(4), pages 45-64, Fall.
- Richard C. Ready & Jean C. Buzby & Dayuan Hu, 1996. "Differences between Continuous and Discrete Contingent Value Estimates," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 72(3), pages 397-411.
- Riccardo Scarpa, 2000. "Contingent Valuation Versus Choice Experiments: Estimating the Benefits of Environmentally Sensitive Areas in Scotland: Comment," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 51(1), pages 122-128.
- Massimiliano Mazzanti, 2003. "Discrete choice models and valuation experiments," Journal of Economic Studies, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 30(6), pages 584-604, October.
- Nick Hanley & Douglas MacMillan & Robert E. Wright & Craig Bullock & Ian Simpson & Dave Parsisson & Bob Crabtree, 1998. "Contingent Valuation Versus Choice Experiments: Estimating the Benefits of Environmentally Sensitive Areas in Scotland," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 49(1), pages 1-15.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Rinaldo Brau & Antonello Scorcu & Laura Vici, 2009.
"Assessing visitor satisfaction with tourism rejuvenation policies: the case of Rimini, Italy,"
Journal of Environmental Planning and Management,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 52(1), pages 25-42.
- R. Brau & AE. Scorcu & L. Vici, 2007. "Assessing visitor satisfaction with tourism rejuvenation policies: the case of Rimini, Italy," Working Paper CRENoS 200709, Centre for North South Economic Research, University of Cagliari and Sassari, Sardinia.
- R. Brau & A. E. Scorcu & L. Vici, 2007. "Assessing visitor satisfaction with tourism rejuvenation policies: the case of Rimini, Italy," Working Papers 617, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Rinaldo Brau & Antonello E. Scorcu & Laura Vici, 2007. "Assessing visitor satisfaction with tourism rejuvenation policies: the case of Rimini, Italy," Working Paper series 51_07, Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis.
- Bianca Biagi & Claudio Detotto, 2014. "Crime as Tourism Externality," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 48(4), pages 693-709, April.
- Schubert, Stefan Franz, 2009. "Coping with Externalities in Tourism - A Dynamic Optimal Taxation Approach," MPRA Paper 16736, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsTourism; External Effects; Discrete Choice Modelling;
- Q56 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Environment and Development; Environment and Trade; Sustainability; Environmental Accounts and Accounting; Environmental Equity; Population Growth
- L83 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Sports; Gambling; Restaurants; Recreation; Tourism
- C25 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Discrete Regression and Qualitative Choice Models; Discrete Regressors; Proportions; Probabilities
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2007-08-08 (All new papers)
- NEP-DCM-2007-08-08 (Discrete Choice Models)
- NEP-TUR-2007-08-08 (Tourism Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fem:femwpa:2007.76. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (barbara racah). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/feemmit.html .