The Effect of Outplacement on Unemployment Duration in Spain
The paper analyses the effects of individual and group outplacement services for a group of unemployed workers in Spain on their unemployment spells. Two data bases are used, one from the Spanish Department of Employment (INEM) and other from one of the most important outplacement firms (Creade), between 1998 and 2003. Using (non-parametric) matching methods and unemployment duration as outcome variable, the results suggest outplacement produces a “reservation wage” effect for men, increasing unemployment spell by three and two months for individual and group outplacement, respectively. Women who receive the services increase very slightly unemployment duration, showing also (non-significant) spell reductions for individual outplacement.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Markus Froelich, 2002.
"Programme Evaluation with Multiple Treatments,"
University of St. Gallen Department of Economics working paper series 2002
2002-17, Department of Economics, University of St. Gallen.
- F. Alfonso Arellano, 2005. "Evaluating The Effects Of Labour Market Reforms “At The Margin” On Unemployment And Employment Stability: The Spanish Case," Economics Working Papers we051205, Universidad Carlos III, Departamento de Economía.
- Heckman, James J. & Lalonde, Robert J. & Smith, Jeffrey A., 1999. "The economics and econometrics of active labor market programs," Handbook of Labor Economics, in: O. Ashenfelter & D. Card (ed.), Handbook of Labor Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 31, pages 1865-2097 Elsevier.
- Richard Blundell & Mónica Costa Dias, 2008.
"Alternative Approaches to Evaluation in Empirical Microeconomics,"
CEF.UP Working Papers
0805, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
- Richard Blundell & Monica Costa Dias, 2009. "Alternative Approaches to Evaluation in Empirical Microeconomics," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 44(3).
- Richard Blundell & Monica Costa Dias, 2002. "Alternative approaches to evaluation in empirical microeconomics," CeMMAP working papers CWP10/02, Centre for Microdata Methods and Practice, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Blundell, Richard & Costa Dias, Monica, 2008. "Alternative Approaches to Evaluation in Empirical Microeconomics," IZA Discussion Papers 3800, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Richard Blundell & Monica Costa Dias, 2008. "Alternative approaches to evaluation in empirical microeconomics," CeMMAP working papers CWP26/08, Centre for Microdata Methods and Practice, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Michael Lechner, 2005.
"Some practical issues in the evaluation of heterogeneous labour market programmes by matching methods,"
Labor and Demography
- Michael Lechner, 2002. "Some practical issues in the evaluation of heterogeneous labour market programmes by matching methods," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series A, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 165(1), pages 59-82.
- Adriana Kugler & Juan F. Jimeno & Virginia Hernanz, 2002.
"Employment consequences of restrictive permanent contracts: Evidence from Spanish labor market reforms,"
Economics Working Papers
651, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Hernanz, Virginia & Jimeno, Juan F & Kugler, Adriana D., 2003. "Employment Consequences of Restrictive Permanent Contracts: Evidence from Spanish Labour Market Reforms," CEPR Discussion Papers 3724, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Kugler, Adriana & Jimeno, Juan F. & Hernanz, Virginia, 2002. "Employment Consequences of Restrictive Permanent Contracts: Evidence from Spanish Labor Market Reforms," IZA Discussion Papers 657, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Heckman, James J & Ichimura, Hidehiko & Todd, Petra E, 1997. "Matching as an Econometric Evaluation Estimator: Evidence from Evaluating a Job Training Programme," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 64(4), pages 605-54, October.
- Sascha O. Becker & Andrea Ichino, 2002. "Estimation of average treatment effects based on propensity scores," Stata Journal, StataCorp LP, vol. 2(4), pages 358-377, November.
- Ashenfelter, Orley C, 1978. "Estimating the Effect of Training Programs on Earnings," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 60(1), pages 47-57, February.
- James J. Heckman & Jeffrey A. Smith, 1999. "The Pre-Program Earnings Dip and the Determinants of Participation in a Social Program: Implications for Simple Program Evaluation Strategies," NBER Working Papers 6983, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fda:fdaddt:2007-16. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Carmen Arias)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.