Social interactions and the contemporaneous determinants of individuals’ weight
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Joan Costa-Font & Joan Gil, 2004. "Social interactions and the contemporaneous determinants of individuals' weight," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(20), pages 2253-2263.
References listed on IDEAS
- Becker, Gary S, 1974. "A Theory of Social Interactions," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(6), pages 1063-1093, Nov.-Dec..
- George A. Akerlof & Rachel E. Kranton, 2000. "Economics and Identity," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 115(3), pages 715-753.
- Rodolfo Nayga, 2001. "Effect of Schooling on Obesity: Is Health Knowledge a Moderating Factor?," Education Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(2), pages 129-137.
- Komlos, John & Smith, Patricia K. & Bogin, Barry, 2003. "Obesity and the Rate of Time Preference: Is there a Connection?," Discussion Papers in Economics 60, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Tomas Philipson, 2001. "The world-wide growth in obesity: an economic research agenda," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 10(1), pages 1-7.
- Heckman, James, 2013. "Sample selection bias as a specification error," Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 31(3), pages 129-137.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Yamamura, Eiji, 2010. "Comparison of long-term changes in teenage body mass index between urban and other areas in Japan from 1986 to 2003," MPRA Paper 21798, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ana Carolina Ortega Masagué, "undated". "La situación laboral de los inmigrantes en España: Un análisis descriptivo," Working Papers 2005-08, FEDEA.
- Corinne Mette, "undated". "Wellbeing and dependency among European elderly: The role of social integration," Working Papers 2005-12, FEDEA.
- Peña Sánchez, Antonio Rafael, 2006. "Las Disparidades Económicas Intrarregionales en Andalucía y la Hipótesis de Convergencia: 1955-1997," Estudios de Economía Aplicada, Estudios de Economía Aplicada, vol. 24, pages 877-908, Diciembre.
- Eiji Yamamura, 2012.
"Influence of body image in urbanized areas: differences in long-term changes in teenage body mass index between boys and girls in Japan,"
Journal of Bioeconomics,
Springer, vol. 14(3), pages 243-256, October.
- Yamamura, Eiji, 2010. "Influence of body image in urbanized areas: Differences in long-term changes in teenage body mass index between boys and girls in Japan," MPRA Paper 23436, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Costa-Font, Joan & Fabbri, Daniele & Gil, Joan, 2009.
"Decomposing body mass index gaps between Mediterranean countries: A counterfactual quantile regression analysis,"
Economics & Human Biology,
Elsevier, vol. 7(3), pages 351-365, December.
- Joan Costa-Font & Daniele Fabbri & Joan Gil, 2008. "Decomposing Body Mass Index Gaps Between Mediterranean Countries: A Counterfactual Quantile Regression Analysis," Working Papers 2008-11, FEDEA.
- Costa-Font, J & Fabbri, D & Gil, J, 2008. "Decomposing Bodymass Index gaps between Mediterranean countries: A Counterfactual Quantile Regression Analysis," Health, Econometrics and Data Group (HEDG) Working Papers 08/02, HEDG, c/o Department of Economics, University of York.
- Costa-Font, Joan & Mas, Núria, 2016.
"‘Globesity’? The effects of globalization on obesity and caloric intake,"
Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 121-132.
- Joan Costa-i-Font & Núria Mas, 2014. "'Globesity'? The Effects of Globalization on Obesity and Caloric Intake," CESifo Working Paper Series 4982, CESifo Group Munich.
- Costa-i-Font, Joan & Mas, Núria, 2016. "'Globesity'? The effects of globalization on obesity and caloric intake," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 67966, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Costa-Font, Joan & Mas, Nuria & Navarro, Patricia, 2013. "Globesity: Is Globalization a Pathway to Obesity?," IESE Research Papers D/1057, IESE Business School.
- Nikolaou, Agelike & Nikolaou, Dimitrios, 2009. "Socioeconomic, Health and Behavioural Determinants of Obesity in Europe," Review of Applied Economics, Review of Applied Economics, vol. 5(1-2).
- Simon Sosvilla-Rivero & Pedro Rodriguez, 2010.
"Linkages in international stock markets: evidence from a classification procedure,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 42(16), pages 2081-2089.
- Simon Sosvilla-Rivero & Pedro N. Rodríguez, "undated". "Linkages in international stock markets: Evidence from a classification procedure," Working Papers 2004-23, FEDEA.
- Joan Costa i Font & Joan Gil, "undated". "Are there Socio-Economic Inequalities in Obesity in Spain?," Studies on the Spanish Economy 217, FEDEA.
- Averett, Susan L. & Argys, Laura M. & Kohn, Jennifer L., 2012. "Immigration, Obesity and Labor Market Outcomes in the UK," IZA Discussion Papers 6454, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Auld, M. Christopher, 2011. "Effect of large-scale social interactions on body weight," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 303-316, March.
- Costa-i-Font, Joan & Mas, Núria & Navarro, Patricia, 2013. "Globesity: is globalization a pathway to obesity?," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 49488, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Joan Gil & Toni Mora, 2010. "Some Students are Bigger than Others, Some Students’ Peers are Bigger than Other Students’ Peers," Working Papers 2010-18, FEDEA.
- Costa-Font, Joan & Gil, Joan, 2005. "Obesity and the incidence of chronic diseases in Spain: A seemingly unrelated probit approach," Economics & Human Biology, Elsevier, vol. 3(2), pages 188-214, July.
- Georgia S. Papoutsi & Andreas C. Drichoutis & Rodolfo M. Nayga Jr., 2013. "The Causes Of Childhood Obesity: A Survey," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 27(4), pages 743-767, September.
- Costa-Font, Joan & Gil, Joan, 2008. "What lies behind socio-economic inequalities in obesity in Spain A decomposition approach," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 61-73, February.
- Costa-Font, Joan & Gil, Joan, 2013.
"Intergenerational and socioeconomic gradients of child obesity,"
Social Science & Medicine,
Elsevier, vol. 93(C), pages 29-37.
- Joan Costa-Fonta & Joan Gil, 2012. "Intergenerational and Socioeconomic Gradients of Child Obesity," Working Papers 2012-11, FEDEA.
- Namkee Ahn & Juan Ramón García & José A. Herce, "undated". "Demographic Uncertainty and Health Care Expenditure in Spain," Working Papers 2005-07, FEDEA.
- Joan Costa Font & Joan Gil Trasfi, 2005. "Obesity and the Incidence of Chronic Diseases: a Seemingly Unrelated Probit Approach," Working Papers in Economics 137, Universitat de Barcelona. Espai de Recerca en Economia.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fda:fdaddt:2004-19. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Carmen Arias). General contact details of provider: http://www.fedea.net .