Technology adoption and herding behavior in complex social networks
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Narduzzo, Alessandro & Warglien, Massimo, 1996.
"Learning from the Experience of Others: An Experiment on Information Contagion,"
Industrial and Corporate Change,
Oxford University Press, vol. 5(1), pages 113-126.
- Alessandro Narduzzo & Massimo Warglien, 1996. "Learning from the Experience of Others : An Experiment on Information Contagion," CEEL Working Papers 9603, Cognitive and Experimental Economics Laboratory, Department of Economics, University of Trento, Italia.
- Katz, Michael L & Shapiro, Carl, 1986. "Technology Adoption in the Presence of Network Externalities," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 94(4), pages 822-841, August.
- Bikhchandani, Sushil & Hirshleifer, David & Welch, Ivo, 1992.
"A Theory of Fads, Fashion, Custom, and Cultural Change in Informational Cascades,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 100(5), pages 992-1026, October.
- Sushil Bikhchandani & David Hirshleifer & Ivo Welch, 2010. "A theory of Fads, Fashion, Custom and cultural change as informational Cascades," Levine's Working Paper Archive 1193, David K. Levine.
- Abhijit V. Banerjee, 1992. "A Simple Model of Herd Behavior," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 107(3), pages 797-817.
- Floortje Alkemade & Carolina Castaldi, 2005. "Strategies for the Diffusion of Innovations on Social Networks," Computational Economics, Springer;Society for Computational Economics, vol. 25(1), pages 3-23, February.
- Sujoy Chakravarty, 2003.
"Experimental Evidence on Product Adoption in the Presence of Network Externalities,"
Review of Industrial Organization,
Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 23(3), pages 233-254, December.
- Sujoy Chakravarty, 2003. "Experimental Evidence on Product Adoption in the Presence of Network Externalities," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 23(3_4), pages 233-254, December.
- Dosi, Giovanni & Ermoliev, Yuri & Kaniovski, Yuri, 1994. "Generalized urn schemes and technological dynamics," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 1-19, January.
More about this item
Keywordstechnology adoption; simulation; networks; herding behavior;
- D71 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Social Choice; Clubs; Committees; Associations
- D74 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Conflict; Conflict Resolution; Alliances; Revolutions
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-05-10 (All new papers)
- NEP-BEC-2008-05-10 (Business Economics)
- NEP-CMP-2008-05-10 (Computational Economics)
- NEP-DCM-2008-05-10 (Discrete Choice Models)
- NEP-EVO-2008-05-10 (Evolutionary Economics)
- NEP-ICT-2008-05-10 (Information & Communication Technologies)
- NEP-NET-2008-05-10 (Network Economics)
- NEP-SOC-2008-05-10 (Social Norms & Social Capital)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fau:wpaper:wp2008_07. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Lenka Herrmannova). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/icunicz.html .