Final Report: Monetary and Fiscal Policy
This report reflects on recent trends in fiscal and monetary policies at the onset of EU-enlargement. Particularly, the authors focus on necessary adjustment processes for future EU-members. How to smooth best the transition period between "normal" EU-accession and eventual participation in the Eurozone? Having conducted empirical regional reports, the Ezoneplus research consortium combines the results in two main parts: Katarzyna ¯ukrowska and Dominik Sobczak reveal trends and risks in fiscal policy issues, such as divergent consolidation policies in Western Europe, possible lessons for CEE countries and the importance of the Stability and Growth Pact. Then, Massimiliano Marzo elaborates a comprehensive picture of the impact of monetary policy, especially inflation targeting in three CEE countries.
|Date of creation:||01 Sep 2003|
|Date of revision:||01 Sep 2003|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.jmc-berlin.org
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Email: |
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Lars E. O. Svensson, 2003.
"What is Wrong with Taylor Rules? Using Judgment in Monetary Policy through Targeting Rules,"
NBER Working Papers
9421, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lars E. O. Svensson, 2003. "What Is Wrong with Taylor Rules? Using Judgment in Monetary Policy through Targeting Rules," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 41(2), pages 426-477, June.
- Lars E.O. Svensson, 2002. "What Is Wrong with Taylor Rules? Using Judgment in Monetary Policy through Targeting Rules," Working Papers 118, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Center for Economic Policy Studies..
- Jiri Jonas & Frederic S. Mishkin, 2003. "Inflation Targeting in Transition Countries: Experience and Prospects," NBER Working Papers 9667, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Leeper, Eric M., 1991. "Equilibria under 'active' and 'passive' monetary and fiscal policies," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 129-147, February.
- Lars E.O. Svensson & Michael Woodford, 2004.
"Implementing Optimal Policy through Inflation-Forecast Targeting,"
in: The Inflation-Targeting Debate, pages 19-92
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lars E. O. Svensson & Michael Woodford, 2003. "Implementing Optimal Policy through Inflation-Forecast Targeting," NBER Working Papers 9747, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Svensson, Lars E O & Woodford, Michael, 2004. "Implementing Optimal Policy Through Inflation-Forecast Targeting," CEPR Discussion Papers 4229, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Sims, Christopher A, 1994. "A Simple Model for Study of the Determination of the Price Level and the Interaction of Monetary and Fiscal Policy," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 4(3), pages 381-99.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ezo:ezppap:wp17. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Stefan Hohenberger)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.