Simultaneous and Sequential Voting under General Decision Rules
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Bolle, Friedel, 2017. "Simultaneous and sequential voting under general decision rules," Discussion Papers 394, European University Viadrina Frankfurt (Oder), Department of Business Administration and Economics.
References listed on IDEAS
- Eddie Dekel & Michele Piccione, 2000.
"Sequential Voting Procedures in Symmetric Binary Elections,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 108(1), pages 34-55, February.
- Eddie Dekel & Michele Piccione, 1997. "On the Equivalence of Simultaneous and Sequential Binary Elections," Discussion Papers 1206, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Dekel, E. & Piccione, M., 1999. "Sequential Voting Procedures in Symmetric Binary Elections," Papers 3-99, Tel Aviv.
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:83:y:1989:i:04:p:1181-1206_08 is not listed on IDEAS
- Tim Groseclose & Jeffrey Milyo, 2013.
"Sincere versus sophisticated voting when legislators vote sequentially,"
Social Choice and Welfare,
Springer;The Society for Social Choice and Welfare, vol. 40(3), pages 745-751, March.
- Jeffrey Milyo & Tim Groseclose, 2011. "Sincere Versus Sophisticated Voting When Legislators Vote Sequentially," Working Papers 1112, Department of Economics, University of Missouri.
- Dekel, Eddie & Jackson, Matthew O. & Wolinsky, Asher, 2009. "Vote Buying: Legislatures and Lobbying," Quarterly Journal of Political Science, now publishers, vol. 4(2), pages 103-128, July.
- Steven Callander, 2007. "Bandwagons and Momentum in Sequential Voting," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 74(3), pages 653-684.
- Anthony Downs, 1957. "An Economic Theory of Political Action in a Democracy," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 65, pages 135-135.
- Battaglini, Marco, 2005. "Sequential voting with abstention," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 51(2), pages 445-463, May.
- Abhijit V. Banerjee, 1992. "A Simple Model of Herd Behavior," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 107(3), pages 797-817.
- Hillman, Arye L., 2010. "Expressive behavior in economics and politics," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 26(4), pages 403-418, December.
- repec:kap:theord:v:83:y:2017:i:4:d:10.1007_s11238-017-9606-z is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:98:y:2004:i:02:p:355-370_00 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsVoting; free riding; binary decisions; unique pure strategy equilibria;
- H41 - Public Economics - - Publicly Provided Goods - - - Public Goods
- D71 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Social Choice; Clubs; Committees; Associations
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-CDM-2018-05-21 (Collective Decision-Making)
- NEP-GTH-2018-05-21 (Game Theory)
- NEP-MIC-2018-05-21 (Microeconomics)
- NEP-POL-2018-05-21 (Positive Political Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:euv:dpaper:29. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Daniel Becker). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/fwffode.html .