Short-term Deviations from Simple Majority Voting
I discuss instances where a committee wants to deviate from the simple majority rule by adopting an alternative voting scheme for two consecutive binary ballots. The alternative voting rule, called Minority Voting as an Exception (MVE), works as follows: In the first ballot a b-majority rule is used, where b
|Date of creation:||Jul 2009|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Zürichbergstrasse 18, ZUE, CH-8092 Zürich|
Phone: +41 44 632 03 87
Fax: +41 44 632 13 62
Web page: http://www.cer.ethz.ch
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Fahrenberger, Theresa & Gersbach, Hans, 2010.
"Minority voting and long-term decisions,"
Games and Economic Behavior,
Elsevier, vol. 69(2), pages 329-345, July.
- Theresa Fahrenberger & Hans Gersbach, 2007. "Minority Voting and Long-term Decisions," CER-ETH Economics working paper series 07/70, CER-ETH - Center of Economic Research (CER-ETH) at ETH Zurich.
- Theresa Fahrenberger & Hans Gersbach, 2008. "Minority Voting and Long-term Decisions," CESifo Working Paper Series 2198, CESifo Group Munich.
- James Coleman, 1983. "Recontracting, trustworthiness, and the stability of vote exchanges," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 40(1), pages 89-94, January.
- Rafael Hortala-Vallve, 2012. "Qualitative voting," Journal of Theoretical Politics, , vol. 24(4), pages 526-554, October.
- Rafael Hortala-Vallve, 2007. "Qualitative Voting," Economics Series Working Papers 320, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Casella, Alessandra, 2005. "Storable votes," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 51(2), pages 391-419, May.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eth:wpswif:09-115. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ()
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.