Measuring Institutional Relatedness
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Mingfang Li & Kannan Ramaswamy & Barbara Pécherot Petitt, 2006. "Business groups and market failures: A focus on vertical and horizontal strategies," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 23(4), pages 439-452, December.
- Gaurav Datt & Martin Ravallion, 2002.
"Is India's Economic Growth Leaving the Poor Behind?,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 16(3), pages 89-108, Summer.
- Datt, Gaurav & Ravallion, Martin, 2002. "Is India's economic growth leaving the poor behind?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2846, The World Bank.
- Rachel Davis & L. G. Thomas, 1993. "Direct Estimation of Synergy: A New Approach to the Diversity-Performance Debate," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 39(11), pages 1334-1346, November.
- Lee, Keonbeom & Peng, Mike W. & Lee, Keun, 2008. "From diversification premium to diversification discount during institutional transitions," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 43(1), pages 47-65, January.
- Belén Villalonga, 2004. "Does Diversification Cause the "Diversification Discount"?," Financial Management, Financial Management Association, vol. 33(2), Summer.
- Teece, David J. & Rumelt, Richard & Dosi, Giovanni & Winter, Sidney, 1994. "Understanding corporate coherence : Theory and evidence," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 1-30, January.
- Stefano Valvano & Davide Vannoni, 2003. "Diversification Strategies and Corporate Coherence Evidence from Italian Leading Firms," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 23(1), pages 25-41, August.
- Jose Manuel Campa & Simi Kedia, 2002.
"Explaining the Diversification Discount,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 57(4), pages 1731-1762, August.
- José Manuel Campa & Simi Kedia, 1999. "Explaining the Diversification Discount," Working Papers 99-06, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business, Department of Economics.
- Campa, Jose M. & Kedia, Simi, 2000. "Explaining the diversification discount," IESE Research Papers D/424, IESE Business School.
- Kannan Ramaswamy & Mingfang Li & Barbara S. Pécherot Petitt, 2004. "Who Drives Unrelated Diversification? A Study of Indian Manufacturing Firms," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 21(4), pages 403-423, December.
- Kock, Carl J & Guillen, Mauro F, 2001. "Strategy and Structure in Developing Countries: Business Groups as an Evolutionary Response to Opportunities for Unrelated Diversification," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 10(1), pages 77-113, March.
- Tarun Khanna & Yishay Yafeh, 2007. "Business Groups in Emerging Markets: Paragons or Parasites?," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 45(2), pages 331-372, June.
- Ghemawat, Pankaj & Khanna, Tarun, 1998. "The Nature of Diversified Business Groups: A Research Design and Two Case Studies," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 46(1), pages 35-61, March.
- Tarun Khanna & Yishay Yafeh, 2005. "Business Groups and Risk Sharing around the World," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 78(1), pages 301-340, January.
- Lucia Piscitello, 2004. "Corporate diversification, coherence and economic performance," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 13(5), pages 757-787, October.
More about this item
Keywordsmeasuring; empirical; relatedness; capture; myriad; lacuna; implementable; case-study; institutional transitions; observed; recent years;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ess:wpaper:id:2543. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Padma Prakash). General contact details of provider: http://www.esocialsciences.org .