Microfinance and the Millennium Development Goals in Pakistan: Impact Assessment Using Propensity Score Matching
Using data from a survey of clients of a microfinance bank, Khushhali Bank, in 2005, the study revisited the survey data and found that despite the Bankâ€™s strict poverty-targeting program used in client selection and despite the surveyâ€™s design to address the selectivity bias, the selectivity bias indeed still existed in the sampled households. Propensity Score-Matching Methods (PSM) are used to address the selectivity bias. [DP 104].
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hashemi, Syed M. & Schuler, Sidney Ruth & Riley, Ann P., 1996. "Rural credit programs and women's empowerment in Bangladesh," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 24(4), pages 635-653, April.
- Panjaitan-Drioadisuryo, R.D.M. & Cloud, Kathleen, 1999. "Gender, self-employment and microcredit programs An Indonesian case study," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 39(5), pages 769-779.
- Simanowitz, Anton, 2003. "Appraising the Poverty Outreach of Microfinance: A Review of the CGAP Poverty Assessment Tool (PAT)," Occasional Papers 23743, University of Sussex, Imp-Act: Improving the Impact of Microfinance on Poverty: Action Research Program.
- Heckman, James J & Ichimura, Hidehiko & Todd, Petra, 1998. "Matching as an Econometric Evaluation Estimator," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 65(2), pages 261-94, April.
- Beatriz Armendariz & Jonathan Morduch, 2007. "The Economics of Microfinance," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262512017, June.
- Daniel Friedlander & David H. Greenberg & Philip K. Robins, 1997. "Evaluating Government Training Programs for the Economically Disadvantaged," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 35(4), pages 1809-1855, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ess:wpaper:id:2380. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Padma Prakash)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.