Report NEP-DEV-2010-02-05This is the archive for NEP-DEV, a report on new working papers in the area of Development. Mark Lee issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Xiaobing Wang & Jenifer Piesse, 2009. "Welfare Effects of Regressive Taxation and Subsidies in China," Global Development Institute Working Paper Series 10809, GDI, The University of Manchester.
- Andrew D. Foster & Mark R. Rosenzweig, 2010. "Microeconomics of Technology Adoption," Working Papers 984, Economic Growth Center, Yale University.
- Mark R. Rosenzweig, 2010. "Global Wage Inequality and the International Flow of Migrants," Working Papers 983, Economic Growth Center, Yale University.
- Albert Bollard & David McKenzie & Melanie Morten & Hillel Rapoport, 2009. "Remittances and the Brain Drain Revisited: The Microdata Show That More Educated Migrants Remit More," Working Papers 2009-26, Bar-Ilan University, Department of Economics.
- Michael Clemens, 2010. "A Labor Mobility Agenda for Development," Working Papers 201, Center for Global Development.
- Oeindrila Dube & Suresh Naidu, 2010. "Bases, Bullets, and Ballots: The Effect of U.S. Military Aid on Political Conflict in Colombia," Working Papers 197, Center for Global Development.
- Raghuram G. Rajan & Arvind Subramanian, 2009. "Aid, Dutch Disease, and Manufacturing Growth," Working Papers 196, Center for Global Development.
- Maria S. Floro & Annika Tornqvist & Emcet Oktay Tas, 2009. "The Impact of the Economic Crisis on Women's Economic Empowerment," Working Papers 2009-26, American University, Department of Economics.
- Homi Kharas, 2010. "The Emerging Middle Class in Developing Countries," OECD Development Centre Working Papers 285, OECD Publishing.
- Sununtar Setboonsarng & Ziyodullo Parpiev, 2010. "Microfinance and the Millennium Development Goals in Pakistan: Impact Assessment Using Propensity Score Matching," Working Papers id:2380, eSocialSciences.
- Freund, Caroline & Rocha, Nadia, 2010. "What constrains Africa's exports ?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5184, The World Bank.
- Lopez-Acevedo , Gladys & Tinajero, Monica, 2010. "Mexico : impact evaluation of sme programs using panel firm data," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5186, The World Bank.
- Macdonald, Kevin & Barrera, Felipe & Guaqueta, Juliana & Patrinos, Harry Anthony & Porta, Emilio, 2010. "The determinants of wealth and gender inequity in cognitive skills in Latin America," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5189, The World Bank.
- Basinga, Paulin & Gertler, Paul J. & Binagwaho, Agnes & Soucat, Agnes L.B. & Sturdy, Jennifer R. & Vermeersch, Christel M.J., 2010. "Paying primary health care centers for performance in Rwanda," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5190, The World Bank.
- Vinyes, Cristina & Roe, Terry L., 2010. "Growth Diagnostics and a Multisector Ramsey Model: The Case of Brazil," Bulletins 56502, University of Minnesota, Economic Development Center.
- Axel Dreher & Peter Nunnenkamp & Susann Thiel & Rainer Thiele, 2010. "Aid Allocation by German NGOs," KOF Working papers 10-247, KOF Swiss Economic Institute, ETH Zurich.
- Lawrence King & Osvaldo Gómez Martínez, 2010. "Property Rights Reform and Development: A Critique of the Cross-National Regression Literature," Working Papers wp216, Political Economy Research Institute, University of Massachusetts at Amherst.
- Kris James Mitchener & Se Yan, 2010. "Globalization, Trade & Wages: What Does History tell us about China?," NBER Working Papers 15679, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.