The impact of non-profit temping agencies on individual labour market success in the West German state of Rhineland-Palatinate
The paper presents an econometric evaluation of the effects of subsidised non-profit temporary employment agencies - a programme of the West German active labour market policy - on individual labour market outcomes. The empirical analysis is based on individual data from files for computer-assisted job brokering in Rhineland-Palatinate. Econometric estimates based on matching methods suggest that the programme generated a statistically significant additional reintegration success of about 13 per centage points. Furthermore within the first four month after leaving the programme, the estimated effect was about half a month additional employment for the participants.
|Date of creation:||2000|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: L 7,1; D - 68161 Mannheim|
Web page: http://www.zew.de/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Lechner, Michael, 1999.
"An Evaluation of Public-Sector-Sponsored Continuous Vocational Training Programs in East Germany,"
IZA Discussion Papers
93, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Michael Lechner, 2000. "An Evaluation of Public-Sector-Sponsored Continuous Vocational Training Programs in East Germany," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 35(2), pages 347-375.
- Lechner, Michael, 1996. "An Evaluation of Public Sector Sponsored Continuous Vocational Training Programs in East Germany," Discussion Papers 539, Institut fuer Volkswirtschaftslehre und Statistik, Abteilung fuer Volkswirtschaftslehre.
- James J. Heckman & Hidehiko Ichimura & Petra Todd, 1998. "Matching As An Econometric Evaluation Estimator," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 65(2), pages 261-294.
- Eichler, Martin & Lechner, Michael, 1999.
"An Evaluation of Public Employment Programmes in the East German State of Sachsen-Anhalt,"
IZA Discussion Papers
94, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Eichler, Martin & Lechner, Michael, 2002. "An evaluation of public employment programmes in the East German State of Sachsen-Anhalt," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(2), pages 143-186, April.
- Liliane Bonnal & Denis Fougère & Anne Sérandon, 1997. "Evaluating the Impact of French Employment Policies on Individual Labour Market Histories," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 64(4), pages 683-713.
- Daniel Friedlander & David H. Greenberg & Philip K. Robins, 1997. "Evaluating Government Training Programs for the Economically Disadvantaged," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 35(4), pages 1809-1855, December.
- Kraus, Florian & Puhani, Patrick A. & Steiner, Viktor, 1997.
"Employment Effects of Publicly Financed Training Programs The East German Experience,"
ZEW Discussion Papers
97-33, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Florian Kraus & Patrick Puhani & Viktor Steiner, 1999. "Employment Effects of Publicly Financed Training Programs - The East German Experience," Journal of Economics and Statistics (Jahrbuecher fuer Nationaloekonomie und Statistik), Justus-Liebig University Giessen, Department of Statistics and Economics, vol. 219(1+2), pages 216-248, July.
- Lechner, Michael, 1999. "Earnings and Employment Effects of Continuous Off-the-Job Training in East Germany after Unification," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 17(1), pages 74-90, January.
- Heckman, James J. & Lalonde, Robert J. & Smith, Jeffrey A., 1999. "The economics and econometrics of active labor market programs," Handbook of Labor Economics, in: O. Ashenfelter & D. Card (ed.), Handbook of Labor Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 31, pages 1865-2097 Elsevier.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:zewdip:5278. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.