World Development Report 2007 Development and the Next Generation
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Sawada, Yasayuki & Lokshin, Michael, 2001. "Household schooling decisions in rural Pakistan," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2541, The World Bank.
- Smith, Patricia K. & Bogin, Barry & Bishai, David, 2005. "Are time preference and body mass index associated?: Evidence from the National Longitudinal Survey of Youth," Economics & Human Biology, Elsevier, vol. 3(2), pages 259-270, July.
- Pieter Serneels, 2004.
"The Nature of Unemployment in Urban Ethiopia,"
CSAE Working Paper Series
2004-01, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- Alain de Janvry & Elisabeth Sadoulet, 2006. "Making Conditional Cash Transfer Programs More Efficient: Designing for Maximum Effect of the Conditionality," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 20(1), pages 1-29.
- Robert H. Topel & Michael P. Ward, 1992. "Job Mobility and the Careers of Young Men," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 107(2), pages 439-479.
- David C. Stapleton & Richard V. Burkhauser (ed.), 2003. "The Decline in Employment of People with Disabilities: A Policy Puzzle," Books from Upjohn Press, W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research, number depd, December.
- Larry A. Sjaastad, 1962. "The Costs and Returns of Human Migration," NBER Chapters, in: Investment in Human Beings, pages 80-93, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bruce Sacerdote, 2001. "Peer Effects with Random Assignment: Results for Dartmouth Roommates," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 116(2), pages 681-704.
- Bruce Sacerdote, 2000. "Peer Effects with Random Assignment: Results for Dartmouth Roommates," NBER Working Papers 7469, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Strauss, John & Thomas, Duncan, 1995. "Human resources: Empirical modeling of household and family decisions," Handbook of Development Economics, in: Hollis Chenery & T.N. Srinivasan (ed.),Handbook of Development Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 34, pages 1883-2023, Elsevier.
- Howard White & Edoardo Masset & Nina Blondal & Hugh Waddington, 2005. "Maintaining Momentum to 2015? An impact evaluation of interventions to improve maternal and child health and nutrition in Bangladesh," Development and Comp Systems 0510004, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Tan, Jee-Peng & Lane, Julia & Lassibille, Gerard, 1999. "Student Outcomes in Philippine Elementary Schools: An Evaluation of Four Experiments," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 13(3), pages 493-508, September.
- Gérard Lassibille & Jee-Peng Tan & Julia Lane, 1999. "Student outcomes in Philippine elementary schools: An evaluation of four experiments," Post-Print halshs-01267362, HAL.
- Emiliana Vegas & Ilana Umansky, 2005. "Improving Teaching and Learning through Effective Incentives : What Can We Learn from Education Reforms in Latin America?," World Bank Other Operational Studies 8694, The World Bank.
- Dawn Upchurch & Lee Lillard & Constantijn Panis, 2002. "Nonmarital childbearing: Influences of education, marriage, and fertility," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 39(2), pages 311-329, May. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Thanyaporn Chankrajang, 2012. "The Effects of Rural Land Right Security on Labour Structural Transformation and Urbanization: Evidence from Thailand," WIDER Working Paper Series wp-2012-041, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Chankrajang, Thanyaporn, 2012. "The Effects of Rural Land Right Security on Labour Structural Transformation and Urbanization: Evidence from Thailand," WIDER Working Paper Series 041, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Catherine Guirkinger & Jean-Philippe Platteau, 2014.
"The Effect of Land Scarcity on Farm Structure: Empirical Evidence from Mali,"
Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 62(2), pages 195-238.
- Catherine Guirkinger & Jean-Philippe Platteau, 2011. "The Effect of Land Scarcity on Farm Structure: Empirical Evidence from Mali," Working Papers 1109, University of Namur, Department of Economics.
- MayÃ©ko LÃ©on, 2020. "Hunger and the Issue of Agricultural Productivity in Congo," Journal of Agricultural Studies, Macrothink Institute, vol. 8(2), pages 306-322, June.
- Rolph van der Hoeven, 2018. "Employment and development in Asia," WIDER Working Paper Series wp-2018-107, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Francisco Fernández & Roberto Ponce & Maria Blanco & Diego Rivera & Felipe Vásquez, 2016.
"Water Variability and the Economic Impacts on Small-Scale Farmers. A Farm Risk-Based Integrated Modelling Approach,"
Water Resources Management: An International Journal, Published for the European Water Resources Association (EWRA), Springer;European Water Resources Association (EWRA), vol. 30(4), pages 1357-1373, March.
- Francisco J. Fernández & Roberto D. Ponce & Maria Blanco & Diego Rivera & Felipe Vásquez, 2016. "Water Variability and the Economic Impacts on Small-Scale Farmers. A Farm Risk-Based Integrated Modelling Approach," Water Resources Management: An International Journal, Published for the European Water Resources Association (EWRA), Springer;European Water Resources Association (EWRA), vol. 30(4), pages 1357-1373, March.
- Rolph van der Hoeven, 2018. "Employment and development in Asia," WIDER Working Paper Series 107, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Cardoza, Guillermo & Fornes, Gaston & Farber, Vanina & Gonzalez Duarte, Roberto & Ruiz Gutierrez, Jaime, 2016. "Barriers and public policies affecting the international expansion of Latin American SMEs: Evidence from Brazil, Colombia, and Peru," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 69(6), pages 2030-2039.
- Sloan, Sean, 2015. "The development-driven forest transition and its utility for REDD+," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 116(C), pages 1-11.
- Lennox, Erin & Gowdy, John, 2014. "Ecosystem governance in a highland village in Peru: Facing the challenges of globalization and climate change," Ecosystem Services, Elsevier, vol. 10(C), pages 155-163.
- Opondo, F. & Owuor, G., 2018. "The Effect of Cassava Commercialization On Household Income of Smallholder Farmers in Arid and Semi-arid Land (Asal), A Case of Kilifi County, Kenya," 2018 Conference, July 28-August 2, 2018, Vancouver, British Columbia 276040, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Alvaro Angeriz & John McCombie & Mark Roberts, 2009. "Increasing Returns and the Growth of Industries in the EU Regions: Paradoxes and Conundrums," Spatial Economic Analysis, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 4(2), pages 127-148.
- Alia El Mahdi, 2010. "Poverty and Informality: A Restraining or Constructive Relationship?," Working Papers 569, Economic Research Forum, revised 11 Jan 2010.
- Wouter Beekman & Gert Jan Veldwisch, 2016. "Supporting Farmer-Led Irrigation in Mozambique: Reflections on Field-Testing a New Design Approach," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(6), pages 1-16, June.
- Evan Borkum & Anitha Sivasankaran & Jane Fortson & Kristen Velyvis & Christopher Ksoll & Elena Moroz & Matt Sloan, "undated". "Evaluation of the Fruit Tree Productivity Project in Morocco: Design Report," Mathematica Policy Research Reports a34b68aa86c4467ba08f09fa0, Mathematica Policy Research.
More about this item
Keywordspotential; learning; working; development; young; people; governments; south asia; India; nepal; latin america; policies; healthy; citizenship families; environment; opportunities; invest; family; investments;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ess:wpaper:id:1755. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Padma Prakash). General contact details of provider: http://www.esocialsciences.org .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.