Anti-dumping Protection: Who Gets It? An Exploratory Analysis of Anti-dumping Use in the Most Active User Countries
The industry and ﬁrm-level patterns of anti-dumping (AD) use across 18 most active AD user countries are analysed. For the analysis, the study makes use of the newly available â€œGlobal Anti-dumping Databaseâ€ . The industry and firm level patterns in the period from 1995-2004 are used. The study does not use econometric techniques to examine the propositions made in the study. Rather, it examines trends and patterns in AD use globally and in each of the active user countries, from the perspective of testing the propositions. [Working Paper No. 9].
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Finger, J M & Hall, H Keith & Nelson, Douglas R, 1982. "The Political Economy of Administered Protection," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 72(3), pages 452-66, June.
- Wendy L. Hansen & Thomas J. Prusa, 1996.
"Cumulation and ITC Decision-Making: The Sum of the Parts is Greater Than the Whole,"
Departmental Working Papers
199422, Rutgers University, Department of Economics.
- Hansen, Wendy L & Prusa, Thomas J, 1996. "Cumulation and ITC Decision-Making: The Sum of the Parts Is Greater Than the Whole," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 34(4), pages 746-69, October.
- Wendy L. Hansen & Thomas J. Prusa, 1995. "Cumulation and ITC Decision-Making: The Sum of the Parts is Greater thanthe Whole," NBER Working Papers 5062, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Neo Chabane & Simon Roberts & Andrea Goldstein, 2006. "The changing face and strategies of big business in South Africa: more than a decade of political democracy," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 15(3), pages 549-577, June.
- Nauro F. Campos & Francesco Giovannoni, 2006.
"Lobbying, Corruption and Political Influence,"
CEDI Discussion Paper Series
06-14, Centre for Economic Development and Institutions(CEDI), Brunel University.
- Campos, Nauro F & Giovannoni, Francesco, 2006. "Lobbying, Corruption and Political Influence," IZA Discussion Papers 2313, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Campos, Nauro F & Giovannoni, Francesco, 2006. "Lobbying, Corruption and Political Influence," CEPR Discussion Papers 5886, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Lenway, Stefanie & Morck, Randall & Yeung, Bernard, 1996. "Rent Seeking, Protectionism and Innovation in the American Steel Industry," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 106(435), pages 410-21, March.
- Magee, Christopher, 2002. "Endogenous trade policy and lobby formation: an application to the free-rider problem," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 57(2), pages 449-471, August.
- Kara M. Olson, 2004. "Free Riders Among the Rent-Seekers: A Model of Firm Participation in Antidumping Petitions," International Trade 0404009, EconWPA.
- Dan Ciuriak, 2005. "Anti-dumping at 100 Years and Counting: A Canadian Perspective," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 28(5), pages 641-649, 05.
- Claude Barfield, 2005. "Anti-dumping Reform: Time to Go Back to Basics," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 28(5), pages 719-737, 05.
- Jeffrey M. Drope & Wendy L. Hansen, 2006. "Anti-dumping's Happy Birthday?," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 29(4), pages 459-472, 04.
- Gunnar Niels & Adriaan ten Kate, 2004. "Anti-dumping Protection in a Liberalising Country: Mexico's Anti-dumping Policy and Practice," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 27(7), pages 967-983, 07.
- Dan Kovenock & Marie Thursby, 1992.
"GATT, Dispute Settlement and Cooperation,"
NBER Working Papers
4071, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Aggarwal, Aradhna, 2007. "The Anti-Dumping Agreement and Developing Countries: An Introduction," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195689273, December.
- Moore, Michael O, 1992. "Rules or Politics? An Empirical Analysis of ITC Anti-dumping Decisions," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 30(3), pages 449-66, July.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ess:wpaper:id:1374. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Padma Prakash)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.