Anti-dumping Protection: Who Gets It? An Exploratory Analysis of Anti-dumping Use in the Most Active User Countries
The industry and ﬁrm-level patterns of anti-dumping (AD) use across 18 most active AD user countries are analysed. For the analysis, the study makes use of the newly available Ã¢â¬ÅGlobal Anti-dumping DatabaseÃ¢â¬. The industry and firm level patterns in the period from 1995-2004 are used. The study does not use econometric techniques to examine the propositions made in the study. Rather, it examines trends and patterns in AD use globally and in each of the active user countries, from the perspective of testing the propositions. [Working Paper No. 9].
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Dan Kovenock & Marie Thursby, 1992.
"GATT, Dispute Settlement and Cooperation,"
NBER Working Papers
4071, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Dan Ciuriak, 2005. "Anti-dumping at 100 Years and Counting: A Canadian Perspective," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 28(5), pages 641-649, 05.
- Wendy L. Hansen & Thomas J. Prusa, 1995.
"Cumulation and ITC Decision-Making: The Sum of the Parts is Greater thanthe Whole,"
NBER Working Papers
5062, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hansen, Wendy L & Prusa, Thomas J, 1996. "Cumulation and ITC Decision-Making: The Sum of the Parts Is Greater Than the Whole," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 34(4), pages 746-69, October.
- Wendy L. Hansen & Thomas J. Prusa, 1996. "Cumulation and ITC Decision-Making: The Sum of the Parts is Greater Than the Whole," Departmental Working Papers 199422, Rutgers University, Department of Economics.
- Neo Chabane & Simon Roberts & Andrea Goldstein, 2006. "The changing face and strategies of big business in South Africa: more than a decade of political democracy," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 15(3), pages 549-577, June.
- Magee, Christopher, 2002. "Endogenous trade policy and lobby formation: an application to the free-rider problem," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 57(2), pages 449-471, August.
- Jeffrey M. Drope & Wendy L. Hansen, 2006. "Anti-dumping's Happy Birthday?," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 29(4), pages 459-472, 04.
- Finger, J M & Hall, H Keith & Nelson, Douglas R, 1982. "The Political Economy of Administered Protection," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 72(3), pages 452-66, June.
- Lenway, Stefanie & Morck, Randall & Yeung, Bernard, 1996. "Rent Seeking, Protectionism and Innovation in the American Steel Industry," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 106(435), pages 410-21, March.
- Moore, Michael O, 1992. "Rules or Politics? An Empirical Analysis of ITC Anti-dumping Decisions," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 30(3), pages 449-66, July.
- Aggarwal, Aradhna, 2007. "The Anti-Dumping Agreement and Developing Countries: An Introduction," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195689273.
- Gunnar Niels & Adriaan ten Kate, 2004. "Anti-dumping Protection in a Liberalising Country: Mexico's Anti-dumping Policy and Practice," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 27(7), pages 967-983, 07.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ess:wpaper:id:1374. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Padma Prakash)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.