Critical Issues Facing Chinaâ€™s Rubber Industry in the Era of Market Integration: An Analysis in Retrospect and Prospect
This paper discusses the emerging contradictions that may have serious implications for the sustainable growth and performance of Chinaâ€™s rubber industry in the era of internal restructuring and global market integration. The contradictions arise from the growing mismatch between shortage of resources (natural rubber and synthetic rubber) against the ever expanding rubber industry with thin regional spread of manufacturing base. [WP No. 177].
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Wing Thye Woo and Shuming Bao, 2003. "China: Case study on Human Development Progress towards the Millennium Developmental Goals at the Sub-National Level," Human Development Occasional Papers (1992-2007) HDOCPA-2003-14, Human Development Report Office (HDRO), United Nations Development Programme (UNDP).
- Thomas I. Palley, 2005. "External Contradictions of the Chinese Development Model: Export-led Growth and the Dangers of Global Economic Contraction," Working Papers wp101, Political Economy Research Institute, University of Massachusetts at Amherst.
- Cecile Batisse & Sandra Poncet, 2004. "Protectionism and Industry Location in Chinese Provinces," Journal of Chinese Economic and Business Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 2(2), pages 133-154.
- Wen, Mei, 2004. "Relocation and agglomeration of Chinese industry," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 73(1), pages 329-347, February.
- Christopher Findlay & Andrew Watson, 1996. "Economic Growth and Trade Dependency in China," Chinese Economies Research Centre (CERC) Working Papers 1996-05, University of Adelaide, Chinese Economies Research Centre.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ess:wpaper:id:1362. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Padma Prakash)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.