Do Foreign Mergers & Acquisitions Boost Firm Productivity?
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
References listed on IDEAS
- Olivier Bertrand & Habib Zitouna, 2008.
"Domestic versus cross-border acquisitions: which impact on the target firms' performance?,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 40(17), pages 2221-2238.
- Bertrand, Olivier & Zitouna, Habib, 2005. "Domestic versus Cross-Border Acquisitions: Which Impact on the Target Frims' Performance?," Working Paper Series 647, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- James J. Heckman & Hidehiko Ichimura & Petra E. Todd, 1997. "Matching As An Econometric Evaluation Estimator: Evidence from Evaluating a Job Training Programme," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 64(4), pages 605-654.
- James R. Markusen, 2004.
"Multinational Firms and the Theory of International Trade,"
MIT Press Books,
The MIT Press,
edition 1, volume 1, number 0262633078, January.
- Markusen, James R., 2002. "Multinational Firms and the Theory of International Trade," MPRA Paper 8380, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Markusen, James R., 1984. "Multinationals, multi-plant economies, and the gains from trade," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(3-4), pages 205-226, May.
- Elhanan Helpman & Marc J. Melitz & Stephen R. Yeaple, 2004. "Export Versus FDI with Heterogeneous Firms," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 94(1), pages 300-316, March.
- Markusen, James R. & Venables, Anthony J., 1998. "Multinational firms and the new trade theory," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(2), pages 183-203, December.
- Benfratello, Luigi & Sembenelli, Alessandro, 2006.
"Foreign ownership and productivity: Is the direction of causality so obvious?,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 24(4), pages 733-751, July.
- Luigi Benfratello & Alessandro Sembenelli, 2002. "Foreign Ownership and Productivity: is the Direction of Causality so Obvious?," Development Working Papers 166, Centro Studi Luca d'Agliano, University of Milano.
- James R. Markusen, 1995. "The Boundaries of Multinational Enterprises and the Theory of International Trade," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 9(2), pages 169-189, Spring.
- Conyon, Martin J, et al, 2002. "The Productivity and Wage Effects of Foreign Acquisition in the United Kingdom," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 50(1), pages 85-102, March.
- Rachel Griffith & Stephen Redding & Helen Simpson, 2004.
"Foreign Ownership and Productivity: New Evidence from the Service Sector and the R&D Lab,"
Oxford Review of Economic Policy,
Oxford University Press, vol. 20(3), pages 440-456, Autumn.
- Rachel Griffith & Stephen Redding & Helen Simpson, 2004. "Foreign ownership and productivity: new evidence from the service sector and the R&D lab," IFS Working Papers W04/22, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Griffith, Rachel & Redding, Stephen & Simpson, Helen, 2004. "Foreign Ownership and Productivity: New Evidence from the Service Sector and the R&D Lab," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 3699, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Griffith, Rachel & Redding, Stephen J. & Simpson, Helen, 2004. "Foreign Ownership and Productivity: New Evidence from the Service Sector and the R&D Lab," CEPR Discussion Papers 4691, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Rachel Griffith & Stephen Redding & Helen Simpson, 2004. "Foreign Ownership and Productivity: New Evidence from the Service Sector and the R&D Lab," CEP Discussion Papers dp0649, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Frances Ruane & Ali Ugur, 2002. "Foreign Direct Investment And Productivity Spillovers In The Irish Manufacturing Industry: Evidence From Firm Level Panel Data," Trinity Economics Papers 20026, Trinity College Dublin, Department of Economics.
- Caves, Richard E, 1974. "Multinational Firms, Competition, and Productivity in Host-Country Markets," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 41(162), pages 176-193, May.
- Rachel Griffith & Helen Simpson, 2004.
"Characteristics of Foreign-Owned Firms in British Manufacturing,"
NBER Chapters,in: Seeking a Premier Economy: The Economic Effects of British Economic Reforms, 1980-2000, pages 147-180
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rachel Griffith & Helen Simpson, 2001. "Characteristics of foreign-owned firms in British manufacturing," IFS Working Papers W01/10, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Rachel Griffith & Helen Simpson, 2003. "Characteristics of Foreign-Owned Firms in British Manufacturing," NBER Working Papers 9573, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Nocke, Volker & Yeaple, Stephen, 2007. "Cross-border mergers and acquisitions vs. greenfield foreign direct investment: The role of firm heterogeneity," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 72(2), pages 336-365, July.
- Olley, G Steven & Pakes, Ariel, 1996.
"The Dynamics of Productivity in the Telecommunications Equipment Industry,"
Econometric Society, vol. 64(6), pages 1263-1297, November.
- G. Steven Olley & Ariel Pakes, 1992. "The Dynamics of Productivity in the Telecommunications Equipment Industry," NBER Working Papers 3977, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- George S Olley & Ariel Pakes, 1992. "The Dynamics Of Productivity In The Telecommunications Equipment Industry," Working Papers 92-2, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- Beata Smarzynska Javorcik, 2004.
"Does Foreign Direct Investment Increase the Productivity of Domestic Firms? In Search of Spillovers Through Backward Linkages,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 94(3), pages 605-627, June.
- Smarzynska, Beata K., 2002. "Does foreign direct investment increase the productivity of domestic firms : in search of spillovers through backward linkages," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2923, The World Bank.
- Beata K. Smarzynska, 2003. "Does Foreign Direct Investment Increase the Productivity of Domestic Firms? In Search of Spillovers through Backward Linkages," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 548, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Edwin Leuven & Barbara Sianesi, 2003. "PSMATCH2: Stata module to perform full Mahalanobis and propensity score matching, common support graphing, and covariate imbalance testing," Statistical Software Components S432001, Boston College Department of Economics, revised 01 Feb 2018.
- Caves, Douglas W & Christensen, Laurits R & Diewert, W Erwin, 1982. "Multilateral Comparisons of Output, Input, and Productivity Using Superlative Index Numbers," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 92(365), pages 73-86, March.
- Yama Temouri & Nigel L. Driffield & Dolores Añón Higón, 2008. "Analysis of Productivity Differences among Foreign and Domestic Firms: Evidence from Germany," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 144(1), pages 32-54, April.
- Frances Ruane & Ali Uğur, 2005. "Foreign direct investment and productivity spillovers in Irish manufacturing industry: evidence from plant level panel data," International Journal of the Economics of Business, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(1), pages 53-66.
- Markusen, James R & Venables, Anthony J, 1997.
"The Role of Multinational Firms in the Wage-Gap Debate,"
Review of International Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 5(4), pages 435-451, November.
- Markusen, James R. & Venables, Anthony, 1996. "The role of multinational firms in the wage-gap debate," Discussion Papers, Series II 322, University of Konstanz, Collaborative Research Centre (SFB) 178 "Internationalization of the Economy".
- Richard Harris & Catherine Robinson, 2003. "Foreign Ownership and Productivity in the United Kingdom Estimates for U.K. Manufacturing Using the ARD," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 22(3), pages 207-223, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Philipp Harms & Pierre-Guillaume Méon, 2013. "The Growth Effects of Greenfield Investment and Mergers and Acquisitions: Econometric Investigation and Implication for MENA Countries," Working Papers 794, Economic Research Forum, revised Nov 2013.
- Kokko Ari & Söderlund Bengt & Tingvall Patrik Gustavsson, 2014.
"Redirecting International Trade: Contracts, Conflicts, and Institutions,"
Journal of Economics and Statistics (Jahrbuecher fuer Nationaloekonomie und Statistik),
De Gruyter, vol. 234(6), pages 688-721, December.
- Kokko, Ari & Söderlund, Bengt & Gustavsson Tingvall, Patrik, 2013. "Redirecting International Trade: Contracts, Conflicts, and Institutions," Ratio Working Papers 226, The Ratio Institute.
- Philipp Harms & Pierre-Guillaume Méon, 2014. "Good and bad FDI: The growth effects of greenfield investment and mergers and acquisitions in developing countries," Working Papers CEB 14-021, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Siedschlag Iulia & Kaitila Ville & McQuinn John & Zhang Xiaoheng, 2014.
"International Investment and Firm Performance: Empirical Evidence from Small Open Economies,"
Journal of Economics and Statistics (Jahrbuecher fuer Nationaloekonomie und Statistik),
De Gruyter, vol. 234(6), pages 662-687, December.
- Kaitila, Ville & McQuinn, John & Siedschlag, Iulia & Zhang, Xiaoheng, 2013. "International Investment and Firm Performance: Empirical Evidence from Small Open Economies," ETLA Reports 6, The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy.
More about this item
KeywordsCross-border mergers and acquisitions; Productivity; Firm heterogeneity;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-08-30 (All new papers)
- NEP-BEC-2009-08-30 (Business Economics)
- NEP-COM-2009-08-30 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-EFF-2009-08-30 (Efficiency & Productivity)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:esr:wpaper:dynreg47. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sarah Burns). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/esriiie.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.