Leaving home and the chances of being poor: the case of young people in Southern European countries
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Lavinia Parisi, 2008. "Leaving Home and the Chances of Being Poor: The Case of Young People in Southern European Countries," LABOUR, CEIS, vol. 22(s1), pages 89-114, June.
References listed on IDEAS
- Aassve, Arnstein & Iacovou, Maria & Mencarini, Letizia, 2005. "Youth poverty in Europe: what do we know?," ISER Working Paper Series 2005-02, Institute for Social and Economic Research.
- Francis Vella, 1998. "Estimating Models with Sample Selection Bias: A Survey," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 33(1), pages 127-169.
- Marco Manacorda & Enrico Moretti, 2006. "Why do Most Italian Youths Live with Their Parents? Intergenerational Transfers and Household Structure," Journal of the European Economic Association, MIT Press, vol. 4(4), pages 800-829, June.
- Olga CantÛ-S·nchez & Magda Mercader-Prats, "undated". "Poverty among children and youth in Spain: The role of parents and youth employment status," Studies on the Spanish Economy 46, FEDEA.
- Iacovou, Maria, 2001. "Leaving home in the European Union," ISER Working Paper Series 2001-18, Institute for Social and Economic Research.
- Aassve, Arnstein & Davia, Maria A. & Iacovou, Maria, 2005. "Does leaving home make you poor? Evidence from 13 European countries," ISER Working Paper Series 2005-24, Institute for Social and Economic Research.
- Arnstein Aassve & Maria Iacovou & Letizia Mencarini, 2006. "Youth poverty and transition to adulthood in Europe," Demographic Research, Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany, vol. 15(2), pages 21-50, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Maria Chiuri & Daniela Del Boca, 2010.
"Home-leaving decisions of daughters and sons,"
Review of Economics of the Household,
Springer, vol. 8(3), pages 393-408, September.
- Maria Concetta Chiuri & Daniela Del Boca, 2009. "Home-leaving Decision of Daughters and Sons," Carlo Alberto Notebooks 136, Collegio Carlo Alberto.
- Chiuri, Maria Concetta & Del Boca, Daniela, 2010. "Home-Leaving Decisions of Daughters and Sons," IZA Discussion Papers 4867, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- MAZZOTTA, Fernanda & PARISI, Lavinia, 2017. "What are the Role of Economic Factors in Determining Leaving and Returning to the Parental Home in Europe During the Crisis? Technical Details," CELPE Discussion Papers 151, CELPE - Centre of Labour Economics and Economic Policy, University of Salerno, Italy.
- Sawako Shirahase, 2009. "Delay in Marriage and Income Inequality in Japan: The Impact of the Increased Number of Unmarried Adults Living with Their Parents on the Household Economy," LIS Working papers 510, LIS Cross-National Data Center in Luxembourg.
- Ayllón, Sara, 2009.
"Modelling state dependence and feedback effects between poverty, employment and parental home emancipation among European youth,"
10, VATT Institute for Economic Research.
- Sara Ayllón, 2009. "Modelling State Dependence and Feedback Effects between Poverty, Employment and Parental Home Emancipation among European Youth," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 235, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- Sara Ayllón Gatnau, 2009. "Modelling state dependence and feedback effects between poverty, employment and parental home emancipation among European youth," Economics Working Papers 1180, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Maria Concetta Chiuri & Daniela Del Boca, 2010. "Household Membership Decisions of Adult Children: Exploring European Diversity," LABOUR, CEIS, vol. 24(s1), pages 3-24, December.
- Fernanda Mazzotta & Lavinia Parisi, 2015. "The effect of Employment on Leaving Home in Italy," Discussion Papers 8_2015, CRISEI, University of Naples "Parthenope", Italy.
- Tindara Addabbo & Randi Kjeldstad, 2012. "Household affiliation among young adult women and men in Italy and Norway: The significance of work, culture, and money," Department of Economics (DEMB) 0005, University of Modena and Reggio Emilia, Department of Economics "Marco Biagi".
- Sawako Shirahase, 2009. "Delay in Marriage and Income Inequality in Japan: The Impact of the Increased Number of Unmarried Adults Living with Their Parents on the Household Economy," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 190, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- Sara Ayllón, 2015. "Youth Poverty, Employment, and Leaving the Parental Home in Europe," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 61(4), pages 651-676, December.
- David C. Ribar, 2015.
"Is Leaving Home a Hardship?,"
Southern Economic Journal,
Southern Economic Association, vol. 81(3), pages 598-618, January.
- David C. Ribar, 2013. "Is Leaving Home a Hardship?," Melbourne Institute Working Paper Series wp2013n10, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, The University of Melbourne.
- Ribar, David C., 2013. "Is Leaving Home a Hardship?," IZA Discussion Papers 7290, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Ribar, David C., 2013. "Is Leaving Home a Hardship?," UNCG Economics Working Papers 13-3, University of North Carolina at Greensboro, Department of Economics.
- Sara Ayllón, 2009. "Poverty and living arrangements among youth in Spain, 1980-2005," Demographic Research, Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany, vol. 20(17), pages 403-434, April.
- Cecilia Albert Verdú & María A. Davia Rodríguez, 2009. "Monetary poverty, education exclusion and material deprivation amongst youth in Spain," Alcamentos 0903, Universidad de Alcalá, Departamento de Economía..
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-05-24 (All new papers)
- NEP-EEC-2008-05-24 (European Economics)
- NEP-MIG-2008-05-24 (Economics of Human Migration)
- NEP-URE-2008-05-24 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ese:iserwp:2008-12. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jonathan Nears). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/rcessuk.html .