Imports, Exports and Foreign Direct Investment Interactions and Their Effects
This study explores how international trade and investment flows affect each other, using data from OECD and 6 ASEAN countries , and examines whether trade and investment linkages are different between developed and developing economies, or between countries that participate actively in bilateral and/or regional trade agreements.
|Date of creation:||Oct 2007|
|Date of revision:|
|Publication status:||Published in ARTNeT website|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.unescap.org/tid/artnet/|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Braunerhjelm, Pontus & Oxelheim, Lars & Thulin, Per, 2005.
"The relationship between domestic and outward foreign direct investment: The role of industry-specific effects,"
International Business Review,
Elsevier, vol. 14(6), pages 677-694, December.
- Braunerhjelm, Pontus & Oxelheim, Lars & Thulin, Per, 2004. "The Relationship between Domestic and Outward Foreign Direct Investment: The Role of Industry-Specific Effects," Working Paper Series 625, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Brainard, S Lael, 1997. "An Empirical Assessment of the Proximity-Concentration Trade-off between Multinational Sales and Trade," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 87(4), pages 520-44, September.
- Horst Raff, 2002.
"Preferential Trade Agreements and Tax Competition for Foreign Direct Investment,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
763, CESifo Group Munich.
- Raff, Horst, 2004. "Preferential trade agreements and tax competition for foreign direct investment," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 88(12), pages 2745-2763, December.
- César Calderón & Lin Liu, 2002.
"The Direction of Causality Between Financial Development and Economic Growth,"
Working Papers Central Bank of Chile
184, Central Bank of Chile.
- Calderon, Cesar & Liu, Lin, 2003. "The direction of causality between financial development and economic growth," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 72(1), pages 321-334, October.
- Zhang, Qing & Felmingham, Bruce, 2001. "The relationship between inward direct foreign investment and China's provincial export trade," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 82-99.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:esc:wpaper:4507. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Yann Duval)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.