Health-related Services in Multilateral and Preferential Trade Arrangements in Asia and the Pacific
In many developing countries, the health-care sector is under-developed, lacking basic infrastructure and human capital, and attracting little attention from investors and policymakers. While encouraging globalization and trade may aggravate those problems and create additional costs in some circumstances, trade liberalization and deeper integration into the global economy could also provide opportunities and resources to address those problems more effectively. This paper contributes to the debate by reporting on the status of liberalization achieved in the health services sector by members of ESCAP through their regional and multilateral trade liberalization commitments.
|Date of creation:||Jan 2007|
|Date of revision:|
|Publication status:||Published in ARTNeT website|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.unescap.org/tid/artnet/ |
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Cossy, Mireille, 2006. "Determining likeness under the GATS: Squaring the circle?," WTO Staff Working Papers ERSD-2006-08, World Trade Organization (WTO), Economic Research and Statistics Division.
- Arunanondchai, Jutamas & Fink, Carsten, 2007. "Trade in health services in the ASEAN region," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4147, The World Bank.
- Rupa Chanda, 2008. "Trade in Health Services," Working Papers id:1758, eSocialSciences.
- Chantal Blouin & Nick Drager & Richard Smith, 2006. "International Trade in Health Services and the GATS : Current Issues and Debates," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 7402, March.
- Roy, Martin & Marchetti, Juan & Lim, Hoe, 2006. "Services liberalization in the new generation of Preferential Trade Agreements (PTAs): How much further than the GATS?," WTO Staff Working Papers ERSD-2006-07, World Trade Organization (WTO), Economic Research and Statistics Division.
- Tubagus Feridhanusetyawan, 2005. "Preferential Trade Agreements in the Asia-Pacific Region," IMF Working Papers 05/149, International Monetary Fund.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:esc:wpaper:3007. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Yann Duval)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.