Societal Innovation: between dream and reality lies complexity
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Jasper Grosskurth & Jan Rotmans, 2005. "The Scene Model: Getting A Grip On Sustainable Development In Policy Making," Environment, Development and Sustainability: A Multidisciplinary Approach to the Theory and Practice of Sustainable Development, Springer, vol. 7(1), pages 135-151, January.
- Funtowicz, Silvio O. & Ravetz, Jerome R., 1994. "The worth of a songbird: ecological economics as a post-normal science," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(3), pages 197-207, August.
- Jacobsson, Staffan & Johnson, Anna, 2000. "The diffusion of renewable energy technology: an analytical framework and key issues for research," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 28(9), pages 625-640, July.
- Clark, William & Crutzen, Paul J. & Schellnhuber, Hans J., 2005. "Science for Global Sustainability: Toward a New Paradigm," Working Paper Series rwp05-032, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Rick Bosman & Jan Rotmans, 2016. "Transition Governance towards a Bioeconomy: A Comparison of Finland and The Netherlands," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(10), pages 1-20, October.
- Florian Kern & Michael Howlett, 2009. "Implementing transition management as policy reforms: a case study of the Dutch energy sector," Policy Sciences, Springer;Society of Policy Sciences, vol. 42(4), pages 391-408, November.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:9:y:2017:i:7:p:1254-:d:105068 is not listed on IDEAS
- K. E. Halvorsen & J. L. Knowlton & A. S. Mayer & C. C. Phifer & T. Martins & E. C. Pischke & T. S. Propato & P. Cavigliasso & C. Garcia & M. Chiappe & A. Eastmond & J. Licata & M. Kuhlberg & R. Medeir, 2016. "A case study of strategies for fostering international, interdisciplinary research," Journal of Environmental Studies and Sciences, Springer;Association of Environmental Studies and Sciences, vol. 6(2), pages 313-323, June.
- repec:eee:enepol:v:110:y:2017:i:c:p:271-287 is not listed on IDEAS
- Schäpke, Niko & Stelzer, Franziska & Bergmann, Matthias & Singer-Brodowski, Mandy & Wanner, Matthias & Caniglia, Guido & Lang, Daniel J., 2017. "Reallabore im Kontext transformativer Forschung: Ansatzpunkte zur Konzeption und Einbettung in den internationalen Forschungsstand," EconStor Preprints 168596, ZBW - German National Library of Economics.
- de Haan, Fjalar J. & Ferguson, Briony C. & Adamowicz, Rachelle C. & Johnstone, Phillip & Brown, Rebekah R. & Wong, Tony H.F., 2014. "The needs of society: A new understanding of transitions, sustainability and liveability," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 85(C), pages 121-132.
- Harry Geerlings & Bart Kuipers, 2013. "Smart governance and the management of sustainable mobility: an illustration of the application of policy integration and transition management in the Port of Rotterdam," Chapters,in: Smart Transport Networks, chapter 11, pages 224-247 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Verguts, V. & Dessein, Joost & Lauwers, Ludwig H., 2008. "Transition towards sustainability: Dutch greenhouse parks as a touchstone for Flemish clustering experiments," 2008 International Congress, August 26-29, 2008, Ghent, Belgium 43602, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Noam Bergman & Alex Haxeltine & Lorraine Whitmarsh & Jonathan Köhler & Michel Schilperoord & Jan Rotmans, 2008. "Modelling Socio-Technical Transition Patterns and Pathways," Journal of Artificial Societies and Social Simulation, Journal of Artificial Societies and Social Simulation, vol. 11(3), pages 1-7.
- LuÃs Carvalho & Giuliano Mingardo & Jeroen Van Haaren, 2011. "Green Urban Transport Policies and Cleantech Innovations: Evidence from Curitiba, Göteborg and Hamburg," European Planning Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 20(3), pages 375-396, February.
- Flor Avelino, 2009. "Empowerment and the challenge of applying transition management to ongoing projects," Policy Sciences, Springer;Society of Policy Sciences, vol. 42(4), pages 369-390, November.
- Marcus Wijnen & Benedicte Augeard & Bradley Hiller & Christopher Ward & Patrick Huntjens, 2012. "Managing the Invisible : Understanding and Improving Groundwater Governance," World Bank Other Operational Studies 17228, The World Bank.
- Kern, Florian & Smith, Adrian, 2008. "Restructuring energy systems for sustainability? Energy transition policy in the Netherlands," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(11), pages 4093-4103, November.
- Chappin, Emile J.L. & Ligtvoet, Andreas, 2014. "Transition and transformation: A bibliometric analysis of two scientific networks researching socio-technical change," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 715-723.
More about this item
Keywordscomplex systems; corporate social responsibility; governance; interdisciplinary; social theory; societal innovation; sustainable development; system innovations; transition management; transitions;
- F23 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - Multinational Firms; International Business
- M - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics
- M14 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Business Administration - - - Corporate Culture; Diversity; Social Responsibility
- O39 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Other
- P51 - Economic Systems - - Comparative Economic Systems - - - Comparative Analysis of Economic Systems
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-INO-2006-09-11 (Innovation)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ems:euriar:7293. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (RePub). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/erimanl.html .