Entrepreneurial Attitudes Versus Entrepreneurial Activities (GEM)
The Global Entrepreneurship Monitor (GEM) investigates early-stage entrepreneurial activity and entrepreneurial framework conditions in an international perspective. The present report investigates the level and development of early-stage entrepreneurial activity in the Netherlands, in global and OECD perspective. Attitudes towards entrepreneurship and characteristics of Dutch individuals involved in early-stage entrepreneurial activities are also assessed. We find that despite all efforts made in the past two decades to stimulate entrepreneurship in the Netherlands, the numbers of start-up efforts are quite low in international perspective, although attitudes to entrepreneurship are positive. In this 2003 GEM study special attention is paid to Dutch informal investments. Similar to the level of early-stage entrepreneurial activity, the informal market in the Netherlands appears to be poorly developed.
|Date of creation:||22 Apr 2004|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: P.O. Box 7001, 2701 AA Zoetermeer|
Phone: (+31) 79 341 36 34
Fax: (+31) 79 341 50 24
Web page: http://www.entrepreneurship-sme.eu/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Marco van Gelderen & Niels Bosma & Roy Thurik, 2003.
"Success and risk factors in the pre-startup phase,"
Scales Research Reports
N200314, EIM Business and Policy Research.
- Marco Gelderen & Roy Thurik & Niels Bosma, 2005. "Success and Risk Factors in the Pre-Startup Phase," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 24(4), pages 365-380, 05.
- Marco Gelderen & Roy Thurik & Niels Bosma, 2006. "Success and Risk Factors in the Pre-Startup Phase," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 26(4), pages 319-335, 05.
- Niels Bosma & Sander Wennekers, 2002. "Entrepreneurship Under Pressure," Scales Research Reports A200205, EIM Business and Policy Research.
- Evans, David S & Leighton, Linda S, 1989. "Some Empirical Aspects of Entrepreneurship," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 79(3), pages 519-535, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eim:papers:a200316. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Webmaster EIM)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.