Success and Risk Factors in the Pre-Startup Phase
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Teece, David J, 1993. "The Dynamics of Industrial Capitalism: Perspectives on Alfred Chandler's Scale and Scope," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 31(1), pages 199-225, March.
- Holtz-Eakin, Douglas & Joulfaian, David & Rosen, Harvey S, 1994.
"Sticking It Out: Entrepreneurial Survival and Liquidity Constraints,"
Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 102(1), pages 53-75, February.
- Douglas Holtz-Eakin & David Joulfaian & Harvey S. Rosen, 1993. "Sticking it Out: Entrepreneurial Survival and Liquidity Constraints," NBER Working Papers 4494, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Douglas Holtz-Eakin & David Joulfaian & Harvey S. Rosen, 1993. "Sticking It Out: Entrepreneurial Survival and Liquidity Constraints," Working Papers 698, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Industrial Relations Section..
- Gatewood, Elizabeth J. & Shaver, Kelly G. & Gartner, William B., 1995. "A longitudinal study of cognitive factors influencing start-up behaviors and success at venture creation," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 10(5), pages 371-391, September.
- Cooper, Arnold C., 1993. "Challenges in predicting new firm performance," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 241-253, May.
- Delmar, Frederic & Shane, Scott, 2004. "Legitimating first: organizing activities and the survival of new ventures," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 385-410, May.
- Paul D. Reynolds & Nancy M. Carter & William B. Gartner & Patricia G. Greene, 2004. "The Prevalence of Nascent Entrepreneurs in the United States: Evidence from the Panel Study of Entrepreneurial Dynamics," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 23(4), pages 263-284, November.
- Reynolds, Paul & Miller, Brenda, 1992. "New firm gestation: Conception, birth, and implications for research," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 7(5), pages 405-417, September.
- Chen, Chao C. & Greene, Patricia Gene & Crick, Ann, 1998. "Does entrepreneurial self-efficacy distinguish entrepreneurs from managers?," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 295-316, July.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Per Davidsson & Scott Gordon, 2012. "Panel studies of new venture creation: a methods-focused review and suggestions for future research," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 39(4), pages 853-876, November.
- Lichtenstein, Benyamin B. & Carter, Nancy M. & Dooley, Kevin J. & Gartner, William B., 2007. "Complexity dynamics of nascent entrepreneurship," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 236-261, March.
- Diana Hechavarría & Charles Matthews & Paul Reynolds, 2016. "Does start-up financing influence start-up speed? Evidence from the panel study of entrepreneurial dynamics," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 46(1), pages 137-167, January.
- Marco van Gelderen & Marco van Gelderen & Niels Bosma & Niels Bosma & Roy Thurik & Roy Thurik, 2001.
"Setting up a business in the Netherlands,"
Scales Research Reports
H200013, EIM Business and Policy Research.
- van Gelderen, A.M. & Bosma, N. & Thurik, A.R., 2001. "Setting Up a Business in the Netherlands," ERIM Report Series Research in Management ERS-2001-15-STR, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus University Rotterdam.
- Bruna, Maria Giuseppina & Nicolò, Domenico, 2020. "Corporate reputation and social sustainability in the early stages of start-ups: A theoretical model to match stakeholders' expectations through corporate social commitment," Finance Research Letters, Elsevier, vol. 35(C).
- Parida, Vinit & George, Nerine Mary & Wincent, Joakim, 2018. "Strategic diagnosis of information processing structures and commercialization in new ventures," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 85(C), pages 83-90.
- Evan Douglas & Jason Fitzsimmons, 2013. "Intrapreneurial intentions versus entrepreneurial intentions: distinct constructs with different antecedents," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 41(1), pages 115-132, June.
- Yang, Tiantian & Aldrich, Howard E., 2012. "Out of sight but not out of mind: Why failure to account for left truncation biases research on failure rates," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 27(4), pages 477-492.
- Hoang, Ha & Gimeno, Javier, 2010. "Becoming a founder: How founder role identity affects entrepreneurial transitions and persistence in founding," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 41-53, January.
- Domenico Nicolò, 2018. "Carenze informative e vulnerabilità delle imprese giovani: il ruolo del business plan," MANAGEMENT CONTROL, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2018(2 Suppl.), pages 37-52.
- Edmund R. Thompson, 2009. "Individual Entrepreneurial Intent: Construct Clarification and Development of an Internationally Reliable Metric," Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice, , vol. 33(3), pages 669-694, May.
- Lukas Held & Andrea M. Herrmann & Allard Mossel, 2018. "Team formation processes in new ventures," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 51(2), pages 441-464, August.
- Paul Westhead, 1995. "Survival and Employment Growth Contrasts between Types of Owner-Managed High-Technology Firms," Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice, , vol. 20(1), pages 5-28, October.
- Diana M. Hechavarría & Charles H. Matthews & Paul D. Reynolds, 2016. "Does start-up financing influence start-up speed? Evidence from the panel study of entrepreneurial dynamics," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 46(1), pages 137-167, January.
- Erik Stam & Roy Thurik & Peter van der Zwan, 2010.
"Entrepreneurial exit in real and imagined markets,"
Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 19(4), pages 1109-1139, August.
- Roy Thurik & F. Stam & Peter van der Zwan, 2007. "Entrepreneurial exit in real and imagined markets," Scales Research Reports H200720, EIM Business and Policy Research.
- Erik Stam & Roy Thurik & Peter van der Zwan, 2008. "Entrepreneurial Exit in Real and Imagined Markets," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 08-031/3, Tinbergen Institute, revised 07 Dec 2009.
- Daniela P. Blettner & Zi-Lin He & Songcui Hu & Richard A. Bettis, 2015. "Adaptive aspirations and performance heterogeneity: Attention allocation among multiple reference points," Strategic Management Journal, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 36(7), pages 987-1005, July.
- Francisco Liñán & Yi-Wen Chen, 2006. "Testing the Entrepreneurial Intention Model on a Two-Country Sample," Working Papers 0607, Departament Empresa, Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, revised Jul 2006.
- Manolova, T. & Shirokova, G. & Tsukanova, T. & Edelman, L., 2014. "The impact of family support on young nascent entrepreneurs's start-up activities: A family embeddedness perspective," Working Papers 6381, Graduate School of Management, St. Petersburg State University.
- Keane, Seán F. & Cormican, Kathryn T. & Sheahan, Jerome N., 2018. "Comparing how entrepreneurs and managers represent the elements of the business model canvas," Journal of Business Venturing Insights, Elsevier, vol. 9(C), pages 65-74.
- Per Davidsson, 2005. "Paul D. Reynolds: Entrepreneurship Research Innovator, Coordinator, and Disseminator," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 24(4), pages 351-358, May.
More about this item
Keywordsperformance; survival; nascent entrepreneurs; start-ups; M13;
All these keywords.
- M13 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Business Administration - - - New Firms; Startups
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:sbusec:v:26:y:2006:i:4:p:319-335. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Springer Nature Abstracting and Indexing). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.