The Evolution of Grain Policy Beyond Europe: Ottoman Grain Administration in the Late Eighteenth Century
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- knick harley, 2008. "Farewell to alms: a brief economic history of the world - By Gregory Clark," Economic History Review, Economic History Society, vol. 61(2), pages 537-539, May.
- Robert C. Allen, 2008. "A Review of Gregory Clark's A Farewell to Alms: A Brief Economic History of the World," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 46(4), pages 946-973, December.
- Vries, Jan De, 2008. "A Farewell to Alms: A Brief Economic History of the World. By Gregory Clark. Princeton, NJ: Princeton University Press, 2007. Pp. xii, 420. $29.95, cloth," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 68(04), pages 1180-1181, December.
- Karaman, K. Kivanç & Pamuk, Şevket, 2010. "Ottoman State Finances in European Perspective, 1500–1914," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 70(03), pages 593-629, September.
- Floud, Roderick, 2008. "G. Clark, A Farewell to Alms: A Brief Economic History of The World , Princeton University Press, Princeton, NJ (2007) xiiÂ +Â 420 pp," Economics & Human Biology, Elsevier, vol. 6(3), pages 495-496, December.
- Rosenthal, Jean-Laurent & Wong, R. Bin, 2011. "Before and Beyond Divergence: The Politics of Economic Change in China and Europe," Economics Books, Harvard University Press, number 9780674057913, December.
- Robert Allen & Robert C. Allen, 2011. "Technology and the Great Divergence," Economics Series Working Papers 548, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
More about this item
KeywordsOttoman economic institutions; grain markets; liberalization;
- B15 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought through 1925 - - - Historical; Institutional; Evolutionary
- N33 - Economic History - - Labor and Consumers, Demography, Education, Health, Welfare, Income, Wealth, Religion, and Philanthropy - - - Europe: Pre-1913
- N35 - Economic History - - Labor and Consumers, Demography, Education, Health, Welfare, Income, Wealth, Religion, and Philanthropy - - - Asia including Middle East
- N43 - Economic History - - Government, War, Law, International Relations, and Regulation - - - Europe: Pre-1913
- N45 - Economic History - - Government, War, Law, International Relations, and Regulation - - - Asia including Middle East
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2011-07-21 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2011-07-21 (All new papers)
- NEP-HIS-2011-07-21 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-REG-2011-07-21 (Regulation)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:egc:wpaper:999. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Louise Danishevsky). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/egyalus.html .