Bringing "Honest Capital" to Poor Borrowers: The Passage of the Uniform Small Loan Law, 1907-1930
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Caruthers, Bruce G. & Guinnane, Timothy W. & Lee, Yoonseok, 2009. "Bringing "Honest Capital" to Poor Borrowers: The Passage of the Uniform Small Loan Law, 1907-1930," Working Papers 63, Yale University, Department of Economics.
References listed on IDEAS
- Fishback, Price V. & Kantor, Shawn Everett, 1998.
"The Political Economy of Workers' Compensation Benefit Levels, 1910-1930,"
Explorations in Economic History,
Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 109-139, April.
- Price V. Fishback & Shawn Everett Kantor, 1996. "The Political Economy of Workers' Compensation Benefit Levels, 1910-1930," NBER Historical Working Papers 0095, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Heckman, James & Singer, Burton, 1984. "A Method for Minimizing the Impact of Distributional Assumptions in Econometric Models for Duration Data," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 52(2), pages 271-320, March.
- Hugh Rockoff, 2003. "Prodigals and Projecture: An Economic History of Usury Laws in the United States from Colonial Times to 1900," NBER Working Papers 9742, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mahoney, Paul G, 2003. "The Origins of the Blue-Sky Laws: A Test of Competing Hypotheses," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 46(1), pages 229-251, April.
- Olney, Martha L., 1989. "Credit as a Production-Smoothing Device: The Case of Automobiles, 1913–1938," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 49(02), pages 377-391, June.
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:14:y:1920:i:03:p:458-460_01 is not listed on IDEAS
- Rolf Nugent, 1934. "Small Loan Debt in the United States," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 7, pages 1-1.
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:32:y:1938:i:06:p:1082-1098_03 is not listed on IDEAS
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mary Eschelbach Hansen, 2014. "Sources of Credit and the Extent of the Credit Market: A View from Bankruptcy Records, Mississippi 1929-1936," Working Papers 2014-09, American University, Department of Economics.
- Hansen, Mary Eschelbach & Hansen, Bradley A., 2012. "Crisis and Bankruptcy: The Mediating Role of State Law, 1920–1932," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 72(02), pages 448-468, June.
More about this item
KeywordsUniform law; small loans; consumer credit; usury laws;
- N21 - Economic History - - Financial Markets and Institutions - - - U.S.; Canada: Pre-1913
- N22 - Economic History - - Financial Markets and Institutions - - - U.S.; Canada: 1913-
- I38 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - Government Programs; Provision and Effects of Welfare Programs
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- G28 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Government Policy and Regulation
- K23 - Law and Economics - - Regulation and Business Law - - - Regulated Industries and Administrative Law
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:egc:wpaper:971. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Louise Danishevsky). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/egyalus.html .