Trust: A Concept Too Many
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Guinnane Timothy W., 2005. "Trust: A Concept Too Many," Jahrbuch für Wirtschaftsgeschichte / Economic History Yearbook, De Gruyter, vol. 46(1), pages 77-92, June.
References listed on IDEAS
- Williamson, Oliver E, 1993. "Calculativeness, Trust, and Economic Organization," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 36(1), pages 453-486, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Christian Bjørnskov & Gert Svendsen, 2013. "Does social trust determine the size of the welfare state? Evidence using historical identification," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 157(1), pages 269-286, October.
- Alvin Etang Ndip & David Fielding & Stephen Knowles, 2007.
"Survey Trust, Experimental Trust and ROSCA Membership in Rural Cameroon,"
0713, University of Otago, Department of Economics, revised Nov 2007.
- Alvin Etang & David Fielding & Stephen Knowles, 2008. "Survey Trust, Experimental Trust and ROSCA Membership in Rural Cameroon," Brooks World Poverty Institute Working Paper Series 4408, BWPI, The University of Manchester.
- Marcus Noland, 2005. "Affinity and International Trade," Working Paper Series WP05-3, Peterson Institute for International Economics.
- Bjørnskov, Christian, 2006. "The Determinants of Trust," Ratio Working Papers 86, The Ratio Institute.
- Guillaume Daudin, 2006. "Paying Transaction Costs," Documents de Travail de l'OFCE 2006-14, Observatoire Francais des Conjonctures Economiques (OFCE).
- Wahl, Fabian, 2012. "Why it matters what people think: Beliefs, legal origins and the deep roots of trust," FZID Discussion Papers 52-2012, University of Hohenheim, Center for Research on Innovation and Services (FZID).
- Ann Owen & Julio Videras, 2009. "Reconsidering social capital: a latent class approach," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 37(3), pages 555-582, December.
- Christian Bjørnskov & Kim Sønderskov, 2013. "Is Social Capital a Good Concept?," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 114(3), pages 1225-1242, December.
- repec:eee:finlet:v:23:y:2017:i:c:p:80-86 is not listed on IDEAS
- Fenske, James, 2010. "Institutions in African history and development: A review essay," MPRA Paper 23120, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Colvin, Christopher L., 2017.
"Banking on a Religious Divide: Accounting for the Success of the Netherlands' Raiffeisen Cooperatives in the Crisis of the 1920s,"
The Journal of Economic History,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 77(03), pages 866-919, September.
- Colvin, Christopher L., 2017. "Banking on a religious divide: Accounting for the success of the Netherlands' Raiffeisen cooperatives in the crisis of the 1920s," QUCEH Working Paper Series 2017-03, Queen's University Belfast, Queen's University Centre for Economic History.
- repec:spo:wpecon:info:hdl:2441/942 is not listed on IDEAS
- Knowles, Stephen, 2006. "Is Social Capital Part of the Institutions Continuum and is it a Deep Determinant of Development?," WIDER Working Paper Series 025, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Christopher L. Colvin & Eoin McLaughlin, 2014. "Raiffeisenism abroad: why did German cooperative banking fail in Ireland but prosper in the Netherlands?," Economic History Review, Economic History Society, vol. 67(2), pages 492-516, May.
- Becchetti, Leonardo & Conzo, Pierluigi, 2011.
"Enhancing capabilities through credit access: Creditworthiness as a signal of trustworthiness under asymmetric information,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 95(3), pages 265-278.
- Becchetti, Leonardo & Conzo, Pierluigi, 2011. "Enhancing capabilities through credit access: Creditworthiness as a signal of trustworthiness under asymmetric information," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 95(3-4), pages 265-278, April.
- Leonardo Becchetti & Pierluigi Conzo, 2009. "Creditworthiness as a signal of trustworthiness: field experiment in microfinance and consequences on causality in impact studies," Econometica Working Papers wp17, Econometica.
- Becchetti, Leonardo & Conzo, Pierluigi, 2010. "Creditworthiness as a signal of trustworthiness," AICCON Working Papers 67-2009, Associazione Italiana per la Cultura della Cooperazione e del Non Profit.
- Ivana Catturani & Panu Kalmi & Maria Lucia Stefani, 2016. "Social Capital and Credit Cooperative Banks," Economic Notes, Banca Monte dei Paschi di Siena SpA, vol. 45(2), pages 205-234, July.
- Heidi Deneweth & Oscar Gelderblom & Joost Jonker, 2014. "Microfinance And The Decline Of Poverty: Evidence From The Nineteenth-Century Netherlands," Journal of Economic Development, Chung-Ang Unviersity, Department of Economics, vol. 39(1), pages 79-110, March.
- Fabien Eloire & Claire Lemercier & Veronica Aoki Santarosa, 2016. "Beyond the personal-anonymous divide: Agency relations in powers of attorney in France, 18th–19th centuries," Working Papers hal-01358365, HAL.
- Fabien Eloire & Claire Lemercier & Veronica Aoki Santarosa, 2016. "Beyond the personal-anonymous divide: Agency relations in powers of attorney in France, 18th–19th centuries," Sciences Po publications info:hdl:2441/3v5ra0iula8, Sciences Po.
More about this item
KeywordsTrust; Social Capital; Credit Cooperatives; Uniform Laws;
- G2 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services
- N2 - Economic History - - Financial Markets and Institutions
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2005-05-29 (All new papers)
- NEP-FIN-2005-05-29 (Finance)
- NEP-HPE-2005-05-29 (History & Philosophy of Economics)
- NEP-LTV-2005-05-29 (Unemployment, Inequality & Poverty)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:egc:wpaper:907. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Louise Danishevsky). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/egyalus.html .