Trust: A Concept Too Many
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Guinnane Timothy W., 2005. "Trust: A Concept Too Many," Jahrbuch für Wirtschaftsgeschichte / Economic History Yearbook, De Gruyter, vol. 46(1), pages 77-92, June.
References listed on IDEAS
- Williamson, Oliver E, 1993. "Calculativeness, Trust, and Economic Organization," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 36(1), pages 453-486, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Christian Bjørnskov & Gert Svendsen, 2013. "Does social trust determine the size of the welfare state? Evidence using historical identification," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 157(1), pages 269-286, October.
- Alvin Etang Ndip & David Fielding & Stephen Knowles, 2007.
"Survey Trust, Experimental Trust and ROSCA Membership in Rural Cameroon,"
0713, University of Otago, Department of Economics, revised Nov 2007.
- Alvin Etang & David Fielding & Stephen Knowles, 2008. "Survey Trust, Experimental Trust and ROSCA Membership in Rural Cameroon," Global Development Institute Working Paper Series 4408, GDI, The University of Manchester.
- Marcus Noland, 2005. "Affinity and International Trade," Working Paper Series WP05-3, Peterson Institute for International Economics.
- Bjørnskov, Christian, 2006. "The Determinants of Trust," Ratio Working Papers 86, The Ratio Institute.
- Guillaume Daudin, 2006. "Paying Transaction Costs," Documents de Travail de l'OFCE 2006-14, Observatoire Francais des Conjonctures Economiques (OFCE).
- Wahl, Fabian, 2012. "Why it matters what people think: Beliefs, legal origins and the deep roots of trust," FZID Discussion Papers 52-2012, University of Hohenheim, Center for Research on Innovation and Services (FZID).
- Ann Owen & Julio Videras, 2009. "Reconsidering social capital: a latent class approach," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 37(3), pages 555-582, December.
- Christian Bjørnskov & Kim Sønderskov, 2013. "Is Social Capital a Good Concept?," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 114(3), pages 1225-1242, December.
- repec:eee:finlet:v:23:y:2017:i:c:p:80-86 is not listed on IDEAS
- Fenske, James, 2010. "Institutions in African history and development: A review essay," MPRA Paper 23120, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Colvin, Christopher L., 2017.
"Banking on a Religious Divide: Accounting for the Success of the Netherlands' Raiffeisen Cooperatives in the Crisis of the 1920s,"
The Journal of Economic History,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 77(03), pages 866-919, September.
- Colvin, Christopher L., 2017. "Banking on a religious divide: Accounting for the success of the Netherlands' Raiffeisen cooperatives in the crisis of the 1920s," QUCEH Working Paper Series 2017-03, Queen's University Belfast, Queen's University Centre for Economic History.
- repec:spo:wpecon:info:hdl:2441/942 is not listed on IDEAS
- Knowles, Stephen, 2006. "Is Social Capital Part of the Institutions Continuum and is it a Deep Determinant of Development?," WIDER Working Paper Series 025, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Christopher L. Colvin & Eoin McLaughlin, 2014. "Raiffeisenism abroad: why did German cooperative banking fail in Ireland but prosper in the Netherlands?," Economic History Review, Economic History Society, vol. 67(2), pages 492-516, May.
- Becchetti, Leonardo & Conzo, Pierluigi, 2011.
"Enhancing capabilities through credit access: Creditworthiness as a signal of trustworthiness under asymmetric information,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 95(3), pages 265-278.
- Becchetti, Leonardo & Conzo, Pierluigi, 2011. "Enhancing capabilities through credit access: Creditworthiness as a signal of trustworthiness under asymmetric information," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 95(3-4), pages 265-278, April.
- Leonardo Becchetti & Pierluigi Conzo, 2009. "Creditworthiness as a signal of trustworthiness: field experiment in microfinance and consequences on causality in impact studies," Econometica Working Papers wp17, Econometica.
- Becchetti, Leonardo & Conzo, Pierluigi, 2010. "Creditworthiness as a signal of trustworthiness," AICCON Working Papers 67-2009, Associazione Italiana per la Cultura della Cooperazione e del Non Profit.
- Ivana Catturani & Panu Kalmi & Maria Lucia Stefani, 2016. "Social Capital and Credit Cooperative Banks," Economic Notes, Banca Monte dei Paschi di Siena SpA, vol. 45(2), pages 205-234, July.
- Heidi Deneweth & Oscar Gelderblom & Joost Jonker, 2014. "Microfinance And The Decline Of Poverty: Evidence From The Nineteenth-Century Netherlands," Journal of Economic Development, Chung-Ang Unviersity, Department of Economics, vol. 39(1), pages 79-110, March.
- Fabien Eloire & Claire Lemercier & Veronica Aoki Santarosa, 2016. "Beyond the personal-anonymous divide: Agency relations in powers of attorney in France, 18th–19th centuries," Working Papers hal-01358365, HAL.
- Fabien Eloire & Claire Lemercier & Veronica Aoki Santarosa, 2016. "Beyond the personal-anonymous divide: Agency relations in powers of attorney in France, 18th–19th centuries," Sciences Po publications info:hdl:2441/3v5ra0iula8, Sciences Po.
More about this item
KeywordsTrust; Social Capital; Credit Cooperatives; Uniform Laws;
- G2 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services
- N2 - Economic History - - Financial Markets and Institutions
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2005-05-29 (All new papers)
- NEP-FIN-2005-05-29 (Finance)
- NEP-HPE-2005-05-29 (History & Philosophy of Economics)
- NEP-LTV-2005-05-29 (Unemployment, Inequality & Poverty)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:egc:wpaper:907. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Louise Danishevsky). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/egyalus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.