History Lessons: The Birth of Impersonal Exchange: The Community Responsibility System and Impartial Justice
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Green, Edward J & Porter, Robert H, 1984.
"Noncooperative Collusion under Imperfect Price Information,"
Econometric Society, vol. 52(1), pages 87-100, January.
- Green, Edward J. & Porter, Robert H., 1982. "Noncooperative Collusion Under Imperfect Price Information," Working Papers 367, California Institute of Technology, Division of the Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Edward J Green & Robert H Porter, 1997. "Noncooperative Collusion Under Imperfect Price Information," Levine's Working Paper Archive 1147, David K. Levine.
- A. Meltzer & Peter Ordeshook & Thomas Romer, 1982. "Introduction," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 39(1), pages 1-3, January.
- Greif, Avner, 1993. "Contract Enforceability and Economic Institutions in Early Trade: the Maghribi Traders' Coalition," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 83(3), pages 525-548, June.
- Greif, Avner, 1989. "Reputation and Coalitions in Medieval Trade: Evidence on the Maghribi Traders," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 49(04), pages 857-882, December.
- Avner Greif, 2006. "Family Structure, Institutions, and Growth: The Origins and Implications of Western Corporations," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 96(2), pages 308-312, May.
- Guinnane, Timothy W., 2001.
"Cooperatives As Information Machines: German Rural Credit Cooperatives, 1883 1914,"
The Journal of Economic History,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 61(02), pages 366-389, June.
- Timothy W. Guinnane, 1997. "Cooperatives as Information Machines: German Rural Credit Cooperatives, 1883-1914," Discussion Papers 97-20, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics.
- Greif, Avner & Milgrom, Paul & Weingast, Barry R, 1994. "Coordination, Commitment, and Enforcement: The Case of the Merchant Guild," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 102(4), pages 745-776, August.
- Volckart, Oliver, 2004. "The economics of feuding in late medieval Germany," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 41(3), pages 282-299, July.
- Besley, Timothy & Coate, Stephen, 1995.
"Group lending, repayment incentives and social collateral,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 46(1), pages 1-18, February.
- Besley, T. & Coate, S., 1991. "Group Lending, Repayment Incentives And Social Collateral," Papers 152, Princeton, Woodrow Wilson School - Development Studies.
- Greif, Avner, 2000. "The fundamental problem of exchange: A research agenda in Historical Institutional Analysis," European Review of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 4(03), pages 251-284, December.
- Bouman, F. J. A., 1995. "Rotating and accumulating savings and credit associations: A development perspective," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 371-384, March.
- Avner Greif, 2002. "Institutions and Impersonal Exchange: From Communal to Individual Responsibility," Journal of Institutional and Theoretical Economics (JITE), Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, vol. 158(1), pages 168-168, March.
- Greif, Avner, 1994. "Cultural Beliefs and the Organization of Society: A Historical and Theoretical Reflection on Collectivist and Individualist Societies," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 102(5), pages 912-950, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Paganelli, Maria Pia, 2011. "The same face of the two Smiths: Adam Smith and Vernon Smith," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 78(3), pages 246-255, May.
- Alessandra Cassar & Giovanna d'Adda & Pauline Grosjean, 2013. "Institutional Quality, Culture, and Norms of Cooperation: Evidence from a Behavioral Field Experiment," Discussion Papers 2013-10, School of Economics, The University of New South Wales.
- van Bavel, Bas, 2016. "The Invisible Hand?: How Market Economies have Emerged and Declined Since AD 500," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199608133.
- Sgard, Jérôme, 2015. "Global economic governance during the middle ages: The jurisdiction of the champagne fairs," International Review of Law and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 174-184.
- Greif, Avner & Tabellini, Guido, 2017.
"The clan and the corporation: Sustaining cooperation in China and Europe,"
Journal of Comparative Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 1-35.
- Avner Greif & Guido Tabellini, 2015. "The Clan and the Corporation: Sustaining Cooperation in China and Europe," CESifo Working Paper Series 5233, CESifo Group Munich.
- Guido Merzoni & Federico Trombetta, 2012.
"Foundations of trust, interpersonal relationships and communities,"
Rivista Internazionale di Scienze Sociali,
Vita e Pensiero, Pubblicazioni dell'Universita' Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, vol. 120(3), pages 295-312.
- Guido Merzoni & Federico Trombetta, 2012. "Foundations of trust, interpersonal relationships and communities," DISEIS - Quaderni del Dipartimento di Economia internazionale, delle istituzioni e dello sviluppo dis1201, Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Dipartimento di Economia internazionale, delle istituzioni e dello sviluppo (DISEIS).
- repec:spr:reaccs:v:23:y:2018:i:2:d:10.1007_s11142-018-9443-5 is not listed on IDEAS
- Nunn, Nathan & Trefler, Daniel, 2014.
"Domestic Institutions as a Source of Comparative Advantage,"
Handbook of International Economics,
- Nathan Nunn & Daniel Trefler, 2013. "Domestic Institutions as a Source of Comparative Advantage," NBER Working Papers 18851, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bigoni, Maria & Camera, Gabriele & Casari, Marco, 2014.
"Money is more than memory,"
CFS Working Paper Series
496, Center for Financial Studies (CFS).
- Maria Bigoni & Gabriele Camera & Marco Casari, 2014. "Money is More than a Memory," Working Papers 14-17, Chapman University, Economic Science Institute.
- M. Bigoni & G. Camera & M. Casari, 2015. "Money is more than memory," Working Papers wp1030, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- repec:ksa:szemle:1740 is not listed on IDEAS
- M. Bigoni & G. Camera & M. Casari, 2015. "Money and the Scale of Cooperation," Working Papers wp1045, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Mark Koyama, 2010. "The political economy of expulsion: the regulation of Jewish moneylending in medieval England," Constitutional Political Economy, Springer, vol. 21(4), pages 374-406, December.
- Börner, Lars & Quint, Daniel, 2010. "Medieval matching markets," Discussion Papers 2010/31, Free University Berlin, School of Business & Economics.
- Diego Puga & Daniel Trefler, 2014.
"International Trade and Institutional Change: Medieval Venice’s Response to Globalization,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 129(2), pages 753-821.
- Puga, Diego & Trefler, Daniel, 2012. "International trade and institutional change: Medieval Venice's response to globalization," CEPR Discussion Papers 9076, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Diego Puga & Daniel Trefler, 2012. "International Trade and Institutional Change: Medieval Venice's Response to Globalization," NBER Working Papers 18288, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Diego Puga & Daniel Trefler, 2013. "International Trade and Institutional Change: Medieval Venice’s Response to Globalization," Working Papers wp2013_1307, CEMFI, revised Nov 2013.
- Boerner, Lars, 2016. "Medieval market making brokerage regulations in Central Western Europe, ca. 1250-1700," Economic History Working Papers 66834, London School of Economics and Political Science, Department of Economic History.
- Edwards, Jeremy & Ogilvie, Sheilagh, 2012.
"What lessons for economic development can we draw from the Champagne fairs?,"
Explorations in Economic History,
Elsevier, vol. 49(2), pages 131-148.
- Jeremy Edwards & Sheilagh Ogilvie, 2011. "What Lessons for Economic Development Can We Draw from the Champagne Fairs?," CESifo Working Paper Series 3438, CESifo Group Munich.
- Ogilvie, Sheilagh & Carus, A.W., 2014. "Institutions and Economic Growth in Historical Perspective," Handbook of Economic Growth,in: Handbook of Economic Growth, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 8, pages 403-513 Elsevier.
- Miletkov, Mihail & Wintoki, M. Babajide, 2012. "Financial development and the evolution of property rights and legal institutions," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 650-673.
- Jochem, Torsten & Murtazashvili, Ilia & Murtazashvili, Jennifer, 2016. "Establishing Local Government in Fragile States: Experimental Evidence from Afghanistan," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 77(C), pages 293-310.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:aea:jecper:v:20:y:2006:i:2:p:221-236. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael P. Albert). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aeaaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.